• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Fighting Until The End

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Perhaps that is a factor. But read the rhetoric online, it's bafflingly stark in its contrast to Emery and Wenger. I mean, the defence of Arteta is staunch and I can't understand why.
There is defending of him because we have been on a downwards spiral and he is expected to be the one who pulls us out of it. The structure of our club from the ownership, to the boardroom, to the dressing room is an utter shambles and has been festering for half a decade now.

I'm not sure why people are turning a blind eye to this... like he's just been given a normal managerial role and wasn't given a team in the bottom half of the table with massive balance issues and lowkey attitude issues.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Are the trolls back from their caves to complain about Arteta :rofl: you know full well what the reason for losing yday was.

3 points to the Arsenal if the officials did their job correctly.
I was called troll over and over for saying Arsène's doing well for coming in the top 4 so much. And now I'm a troll again for saying a succession of mistakes has led Arteta to mid table. Arsenal fans really don't like to here the truth, even on a football discussion forum. :lol:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
That's what really pisses me off and scares me. All the fans accepting from Arteta what they would have spit on from Emery, and crucified Wenger for.

What the hell happened? Is the Koolaid really that easy to swallow.
Expecting to win titles is what casued United to go through multiple managers and waste hundreds of millions of pounds. They excepted their decision and are now on an upward trajectory again.

Us expecting to just be a CL club caused us to waste a lot of money on short term deals or £72m on Pepe. That expectation you are talking about needs to be earnt. It is counter productive to think like that if you are in no realistic position to achieve that.

Our club needs to humble itself, rebuild, and then use our size and resources to add to our base to achieve CL qualification and trophies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I was called troll over and over for saying Arsène's doing well for coming in the top 4 so much. And now I'm a troll again for saying a succession of mistakes has led Arteta to mid table. Arsenal fans really don't like to here the truth, even on a football discussion forum. :lol:
You're not a troll. I don't know what you are but defo not a troll :lol:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
There is defending of him because we have been on a downwards spiral and he is expected to be the one who pulls us out of it. The structure of our club from the ownership, to the boardroom, to the dressing room is an utter shambles and has been festering for half a decade now.

I'm not sure why people are turning a blind eye to this... like he's just been given a normal managerial role and wasn't given a team in the bottom half of the table with massive balance issues and lowkey attitude issues.

All the more reason to get a better, more experienced manager with the clout to impose terms on the hierarchy and the expertise to manage this squad. Arteta's naiveté is a major factor in our poor performances, make no mistake.
Arteta was saved by the kids. Think about that a little.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I will be honest, if that first half that we played becomes a regular thing and he stops binning our younger/more expensive talents and works with them.. I may be swayed on Arteta.

Wolves are poor at the moment but I saw more reasons to be encouraged than be pissed about yesterday.

I'd still rather a better manager, but I can't even blame Mikel at all for yesterday even though it would suit me to. The amount of red cards we get is abnormal though, I dunno why these guys are so scared to concede a goal sometimes.

Luiz decision was wild. Leno's though, completely unnecessary which has been the story all season. We could have been in it with 10 men, that suspension might hurt us too.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
All the more reason to get a better, more experienced manager with the clout to impose terms on the hierarchy and the expertise to manage this squad. His naiveté is a major factor in our poor performances, make no mistake.
Arteta was saved by the kids. Think about that a little.
But an experienced manager wants to be massively backed in the transfer market and has short term goals in mind. That would be counter productive with what we need to do. Its what hindered United for years until they saw the light. I pointed out that what they were doing was good the summer before last and all my friends laughed at me and called them ****. I guess my views on things were right with them and I share the same views towards what we should be doing.

vantoure

Generally indifferent about the club and unsympathetic towards Arteta these days.

Of course can't blame him for yesterday, but will take a lot to be on his side. A lot of what he's done have come across as him feeding his ego, so on the whole just find him somewhat annoying.

On the club's side, it comes across as a cold place these days, even the kinds of players we have are more functional and robotic than fun.

Anyways...

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
But an experienced manager wants to be massively backed in the transfer market and has short term goals in mind. That would be counter productive with what we need to do. Its what hindered United for years until they saw the light. I pointed out that what they were doing was good the summer before last and all my friends laughed at me and called them ****. I guess my views on things were right with them and I share the same views towards what we should be doing.

You must be joking. First of all, do not compare Solskjaer with Arteta, there is no comparison in terms of experience. There is no comparison in terms of their stature as players either. Second of all, United backed Solsk massively.

Arteta is a mistake. Emery was also a mistake, but for entirely different reasons.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That's exactly why I wanted Arteta in the first place, after Arsène left. A cheque book manager like Mourinho would be no good here. How's he doing at Sp**s?

Arteta's got to learn fast though, the mistakes have mounted up.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Are the haters happy with the way we played in the first half until the sending off?

If that's our aim under Arteta in the future well that's something I'm willing to give patience too.

Yep, I was so pleased with the first half. We keep that up and start finishing games I could see us winning Europa, that half was THAT good.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Generally indifferent about the club and unsympathetic towards Arteta these days.

Of course can't blame him for yesterday, but will take a lot to be on his side. A lot of what he's done have come across as him feeding his ego, so on the whole just find him somewhat annoying.

On the club's side, it comes across as a cold place these days, even the kinds of players we have are more functional and robotic than fun.

Anyways...
I don't see an ego.

During the bad run all I seen was a manager saying its his fault and taking the blame for the results.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
No I don’t - he’s made your defensive shape better but that’s it. Statistically, Arteta has been awful. You’re 10th in the league. And there’s a likelihood you will drop further than that seeing as teams around you have fewer games played. Arteta also has better players than Emery had. And don’t point to the FA Cup win - Roberto Martinez and Harry Redknapp won the same trophy in recent times too, would you want them managing Arsenal?

It’s such a weird appointment for Arsenal. Emery was hounded out when he was doing arguably a better job than Arteta is.

It’s cheap and in fashion to hire these young, ex players as managers now. But how many Premier League clubs would appoint Arteta or Ole?

I was annoyed when Chelsea sacked Lampard because they’ve actually got a good manager now who I wanted at Utd. Arteta and Ole should be learning their trade at smaller clubs. United have been lucky that our owners, pre-Covid, have given our managers big money for transfers. And Ole has some very good players at his disposal because he’s been able to bring in his own transfers.

But giving Arteta loan players doesn’t bode well for the future. How can you build a solid 11 and consistency when you don’t even know if that player is going back to his parent club or not?

I think some Arsenal fans are still caught up in the romance of the Arteta signing rather than the reality of it. It’s the cheap option.

If Arsenal were 10th and out of the cups after playing 22 matches under any other manager you’d all be calling for his sacking. Arteta has got this weird voodoo over some of you, maybe because he put out the cones for Pep and you’re hoping that he will become Guardiola reincarnated in time to come.

I just don’t see it. Plus Pep has always had the best players in the world to work with. Not David Luiz, Willian and Granit Xhaka.

Predictable view from the outside, this.

Emery was not doing better than Arteta; he had one fluky season where our xG put us 9th in the table with 59 pts, and a calamitous one where we were even worse than this calamitous one, where we were being dominated in every game, including against relegation sides.

He didn't win any FA Cup, he didn't have any real tactical idea or vision for the club, he had no real coherent instructions for the players and was even worse at conveying his already incoherent ideas, and he hadn't the dressing room convinced, or any real project or future for the club. If he had stayed surely we would've finished out of Europe totally.

Arteta has had his growing pains, mainly in not planning this summer window well enough with Edu and its effects in the first half of this season (I'd be tempted to lay the accusation at him of not integrating ESR early enough; others will say we just were playing it safe with his injury issues).

But with our current level of play, and with more talent to be integrated and used (Ødegaard, Martinelli), he is repaying the faith we had in him, and the players are clearly on board, he is clearly a very effective coach both motivationally and in conveying his instructions, and now we are seeing the results on the pitch in terms of performances (which will always be more important to me at this part of the rebuild/project; something that was NEVER there with Basque Mark Hughes).

I can accept someone not rating Arteta--I do, of course--but when you make the Emery > Arteta argument you lose all credit for me, in short.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

You aren't a troll you are just deluded. Similar to Ty where you know he isn't trolling, he just has something mentally wrong with him.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom