• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Xhaka deserves the praise he’s getting.

I was a critic but recently he’s been performing very solid for us, so I’m not sure why some are still being negative.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
xkrnsm1rr4f61.jpg

Nice one, that's what you wanna see. When you get done by a decision like that I wanna see some anger from the players and manager. He looked gutted after the game too.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Xhaka was never a “ghost in midfield”, nor “playing like a delusional clown”. He’s been quality for us since he’s joined. I can count bad games he’s had on two hands, and he’s had 200 games for us. I just saw through the agenda fans have always had against him.
Do you think that agenda came because he is ugly or from a certain country?

No, it came because he was useless in a lot of games and doing fk all.

Baguette

Le Manberg Français

No, it came because the team was playing poorly and fans don’t understand football very well. Xhaka made a few mistakes so they scapegoated him for every poor result even though he most often played well.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
No, it came because the team was playing poorly and fans don’t understand football very well. Xhaka made a few mistakes so they scapegoated him for every poor result even though he most often played well.
Thing is, you throw something at the people with an agenda yet when Xhaka plays bad your agenda shines brightly too, like some sort of divine-esque aura to save Xhaka from all negativity thrown at him.

Baguette

Le Manberg Français
Thing is, you throw something at the people with an agenda yet when Xhaka plays bad your agenda shines brightly too, like some sort of divine-esque aura to save Xhaka from all negativity thrown at him.

Does it? Only game I can say he played badly all season was when he lost his cool and got himself sent off against Burnley. I criticised him for it back then.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Been excellent of late. Him and partey are the way to go for rest of season. If arteta has other plans next season for someone else with partey on the radar fair enough but from what we have it has to be granit

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Xhaka has been good the past few games for sure. Should get a good fee in the summer
Arteta love him if we are serious club we should add someone who quality that can compete with him Partey Guendouzi having Elneny Ceballos type of players behind him won't make him worried

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

What agenda? Personally, I think he's quite good looking tbh and Switzerland is pretty neutral too :)

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I've given Xhaka plenty of stick over time but he's now playing his best football for us. His Partnership with Partey is looking really good. Although there may be better options out there I'm happy to keep him in the summer. Let's focus on RB, LB cover, AM unless Ødegaard stays and CF. Hopefully Saliba comes back so no CB required.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Partey has lifted his performance by letting him play a simple game. Still would prefer an upgrade of course.

Possibly due to Partey. As I said its a case of having other more important positions to fill. I refuse to let last night dampen my enthusiasm. We have the makings of a really good team, 3 signings in the summer (RB, LB cover, CF) and keep Ødegaard will put us in a great position for next season. We can go big on RB & CF, sell Luiz, Bellerin, AMN, Elneny, Chambers, Nketiah, Nelson. I'd keep Laca unless a good offer comes in, he's a good old pro to have around. Promote a couple of youth players to fill gaps.

Zaza

He's clearly turned a corner. We suffered through growing pains with him so its only natural we keep him now.
Looks to be hitting his peak now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom