• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He carried us against Man U tbh. Partey was lowkey crap but we ignored it.

Partey's passing is a bit scruffy as much as people like it, it is admittedly hit and miss. I didn't watch him for Athletico outside of CL so don't know if he was always this expressive on the ball.

Personally, I think people overdo the praise for him out of hatred for Xhaka and pals.

I initially thought you were talking about Partey in the game at Old Trafford. It’s clear based on that alone that right now he’s nowhere near the level he can reach. He’s been rated based on what everyone knows he can do. It really has nothing to do with Xhaka.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Xhaka played 12,400 minutes. Rosicky played 9900 and Wilshere 8171. Worth remembering that Rosicky also scored 19 goals against Xhaka's 9. Yet another attempt to deceive people by strategically hiding the important stats and making Xhaka look great. At this point, I even think Xhaka or his fanboys pay for these twitter handles to post such nonsense stats.

simba

Manberg Again
Xhaka played 12,400 minutes. Rosicky played 9900 and Wilshere 8171. Worth remembering that Rosicky also scored 19 goals against Xhaka's 9. Yet another attempt to deceive people by strategically hiding the important stats and making Xhaka look great. At this point, I even think Xhaka or his fanboys pay for these twitter handles to post such nonsense stats.

It’s worth remembering that Xhaka’s priority is not to assist, he is a defensive and transition minded player. He’s just fantastic.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Good performance overall first half, second half were lots of up and downs (But that can be said generally for the team). Should have got a second assist on that Auba chance (And Auba his 4th goal).

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

Agreed. And if you think about it.... Jack had better stats per minute and we decided he wasn’t good enough and sold him. Soooo I don’t think this has the effect they hope it will, just more proof we need to sell xhaka.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Agreed. And if you think about it.... Jack had better stats per minute and we decided he wasn’t good enough and sold him. Soooo I don’t think this has the effect they hope it will, just more proof we need to sell xhaka.
Xhaka has to be the luckiest player ever to play for us. When he came in, our main midfield options were Cazorla and Coquelin, both of whom we lost immediately. For two CM roles, over the 4.5 years, we had Xhaka along with Torreira, Guendouzi and Ceballos. That's the kind of competition he had. All the transfer windows, we were like "Midfield is ****, but we badly beed a CF", "Midfield is poor, but we don't have wingers at all", "Midfield needs an upgrade, but our defense is leaking many goals". This resulted in him walking into our starting line-up every time.

Only thing he deserves credit for is staying without injuries and that's where Wilshere fell behind.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think he was good Ceballos was better we need competition in this area at least until summer Ceballos performing well when he call upon

simba

Manberg Again
He was class yet again. He has this prime intelligence to get in between the player and the ball in order to draw fouls. Always comes in moments the other team is eager to make things happen and it has a big calming effect on our game. Xhaka is a master. Walks into any team in the league aside from City. Also has the intelligence and ability to drive into or find players in space, no matter where they are on the pitch. These things are under-appreciated by premier league fans, but would get a lot more attention and appreciation in Spain or Italy.

simba

Manberg Again
Interesting for sure. He's played a lot more minutes though and over the last three years, behind a top CF. The English lads were also injured for long stretches and stuck behind a misfiring Giroud.

Are you missing the part where Xhaka is a DM/DLP and his numbers are comparable with #8’s and #10’s who are far more responsible for providing assists... on purpose?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He had a good enough game but looked a bit overwhelmed in the second half. His forward passes were good but there were moments when a lofted forward pass was on and he went safety first and backwards. He's looked better than Partey in the last couple of games because Partey was injured and just having him there elevates Xhaka. Fwiw, his assist record is decent enough but all this talk about him being a defensive shield is nonsense. Leeds second goal came because he was caught wrong side and too slow minded. We were played through a fair bit too. As for his DLP qualities, Luiz and Gabriel did a fair bit of that job. He's good I space but there were a couple of passes that caught him flat footed and play waltzed by him. I love his effort but we can upgrade with a different profile. The online love hopefully bumps up his value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom