• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Waiting to see how the table since Christmas looks come the end of season. As someone mentioned a few pages back if Arteta can learn from the early mistakes then you have to accept the bumps that a young manager is going to have.

Saying that I don’t think fans would be so on his game if we hadn’t been so negative in our approach to start with. Wenger set some high demands of what’s expect in terms of style, I us miss respected and envied for it.

Dj_sds -

Are you ever going to accept that maybe some people have revaluated their stance on Arsenal since the Wenger days and also their stance on him?

I've read countless people on here this season say how they didn't appreciate Wenger enough, took him for granted, wished he was still here etc. People who wanted Wenger out at the time talking about how he overachieved for the vast duration of his tenure.

People like yourself and me have been proven right about Wenger being underappreciated and treated poorly.

3 years later do we really need to be rubbing peoples faces in it?

We were going nowhere under wenger, we needed change and got it. We are now correcting the mess left by him and Gazidis and are on an upward trajectory ever since Özil and his boys were shipped out.

The way the Özil situation was handled was ruthless and I applaud Mikel and Edu for not taking the **** Wenger put up with for years.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We were going nowhere under wenger, we needed change and got it. We are now correcting the mess left by him and Gazidis and are on an upward trajectory ever since Özil and his boys were shipped out.

The way the Özil situation was handled was ruthless and I applaud Mikel and Edu for not taking the **** Wenger put up with for years.
Yeah, nowhere, just stuck in boring top 4. Much better to be 10th and then you've actually got some headroom to improve. I can see where you're going with this. As you said an upward trajectory from here. :clap:

Yeah, nowhere, just stuck in boring top 4. Much better to be 10th and then you've actually got some headroom to improve. I can see where you're going with this. :clap:

I'm the biggest believer on here that Wenger would have got us top4 by now quicker than Emery and Arteta. But we weren't stuck there. We already finished twice out of top4 when Wenger left.

Arteta will get there. He has the talent. Only been a manager for a year and he is doing stuff that takes many managers years to learn!

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Going into the season nobody would have said there were squad issues.

Totally false. Arsenal fans as usual had a big **** over new signings (especially Thomas, much like they did with Pepe and that summer transfer window--remember how Arsenal fans were hailing that assclown Raül 'three fids a day' Sanllehí that summer, with that different knock **** and whatnot?), but I'm at least on record at the time saying it was a major error going into the season not solving the biggest need (10 space operator). There were at least a few who were there with me, or sympathetic to those thoughts...

I'm the biggest believer on here that Wenger would have got us top4 by now quicker than Emery and Arteta. But we weren't stuck there. We already finished twice out of top4 when Wenger left.

Arteta will get there. He has the talent. Only been a manager for a year and he is doing stuff that takes many managers years to learn!

Wenger > Em*ry , yes, but I dread to think where we'd be now if the same Wenger who had the club in steady decline, out of Europa League and dropping levels with each season, had picked up the club where Em*ry left it off. Orden of events matters here, and the Em*ry hiring was absolutely catastrophic, even moreso than the generally catastrophic administration of the club by Gazidis in the years prior, and letting Wenger go a number of years too long and in so doing allowing the club to be passed by by rivals and fall into decadence, outdatedness, and decline.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Remember when me you, @Tir Na Nog and @GDeep™ were calling for Arteta when the rest of the forum were popping their corks at Emery coming. Good to see you're still all in. I've had my doubts this year, but he's still here and who knows he might make us proud yet.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Totally false. Arsenal fans as usual had a big **** over new signings (especially Thomas, much like they did with Pepe and that summer transfer window--remember how Arsenal fans were hailing that assclown Raül 'three fids a day' Sanllehí that summer, with that different knock **** and whatnot?), but I'm at least on record at the time saying it was a major error going into the season not solving the biggest need (10 space operator). There were at least a few who were there with me, or sympathetic to those thoughts...

Wenger > Em*ry , yes, but I dread to think where we'd be now if the same Wenger who had the club in steady decline, out of Europa League and dropping levels with each season, had picked up the club where Em*ry left it off. Orden of events matters here, and the Em*ry hiring was absolutely catastroph

Our fans were buzzing over that Thomas Partey signings and I’m sure there was a poll on here at the beginning of the season whereby many posters thought we’d be in contention to get a top 4 spot regardless of whether we signed a number 10 or not.

Arsène Wenger would have done much better than Arteta is currently doing imo. The goalposts have been shifted for Arteta many times this season but our fans were quick to hound our greatest ever manager out (me included and I was wrong for doing so) even though he never had us performing this bad despite losing a key player every other summer and working with limited resources compared to our rivals.

Last edited:

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Let’s focus on the future now. Arsène is a giant of our past. We will see if Arteta can get there. Still need to see some more improvement in concentration and less ****ery by the defence / shooting our selves in the foot.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Good luck with that :lol:

Arteta doesn't deserve to be mentioned in comparison to Arsène at this point, will need a consistently brilliant 10-20 years or something.

We appointed Arteta as a project, all the ups and down that came with that, plus has already added a beautiful FA Cup win...he's going ****ing nowhere and taking Arsenal back to greatness, whether ya like it or not!

Riou

Why not? Arsène Wenger was treated unfairly and Mikel Arteta is getting a free ride for doing much worse than Monsieur Arsène done.

We have to be fair.

I mean, the circumstances/points in their careers each are at, are vastly different...I don't how you can compare them.

If you feel bad for turning on Arsène, I don't see how the solution to that is to also turn on the new manager :lol:

Riou

Not even speaking as an Arteta fan here, obviously I have much more love for Wenger than Mikel...just feel it does both a disservice, tbh.

Arsène shouldn't be compared to a novice really, his achievements and legacy are on a separate planet right now...and Mikel shouldn't have that amount of pressure on him that comparing him to Wenger brings, lets see if he can keep improving.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I mean, the circumstances/points in their careers each are at, are vastly different...I don't how you can compare them.

If you feel bad for turning on Arsène, I don't see how the solution to that is to also turn on the new manager :lol:

The circumstances/points are irrelevant if we’re trying to be a top club or even to get into the top 6 - Arsène had us competing for the CL spots.

For everything that Arsène done for the club then he should have been given more time especially if we’re moving the goalposts now for Arteta and having to believe this process.

We’re sitting 10th in March ffs.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom