• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What i dislike about mikel he more stubborn then i thought putting faith on Willian during bad run not changing the system its one of reasons we finishing outside top 4 we left ourselves well behind. Anyway now that he found the right system it's just matter to get players that fit into it RB CM is left to complete it

I’m inclined to agree. We’re 8 points off top 4. That shouldn’t feel like a massive gap with 12 games left, but with Liverpool, Sp**s and Chelsea also underperforming it’s hard not to feel like we’ve missed a huge opportunity here.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Its more down to rebuilding not about winning the cup we can't change managers every 1-2 years it's create more mess than rebuilding because every new manager would want different set of players and that mean players that Arteta bought them will be the victims also new manager might not want to trust youngsters. imo give Arteta 2-3 years of rebuilding let's get new players get the system right after that you can make change. The fa cup help but it's not major factor.

I hope you mean the 2 years he has left in his contract because, honestly Yousif, other than the continued gross incompetence by the ownership, he should not be extended.

More than anything, I find the leniency by which the media treat him to be infuriating seeing as managers both veteran & those as inexperienced as him have been on the receiving end of scathing attacks.

goonergaz

We've played all the top 3 home and away (and only have 5 games against top half out of 12) , we still have to play the bottom 3 again yet.

As such, and combined with the improvement in form, we should feel fairly confident we can have a pretty good end to the season.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I hope you mean the 2 years he has left in his contract because, honestly Yousif, other than the continued gross incompetence by the ownership, he should not be extended.

More than anything, I find the leniency by which the media treat him to be infuriating seeing as managers both veteran & those as inexperienced as him have been on the receiving end of scathing attacks.
he don't deserve to be extended until he reach the targets of qualifying to top 4 he signed until 2023 so he have until end of 2023 to get rebuilding done and get us back to top 4 he even might gone before that if things go downhill again.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

will they have to lower season ticket prices at any point now not a CL contender & further down the league?

one way to appease the emirates crowd as they will not be buying the bs now not even contending for top four
Yep! What used to crop up on here as regular as a dose laxatives, was that ‘Arsenal are not challenging for the title when punters are paying top prices ffs’. If we’re still mid table when they come back, wonder if they’ll start their boycotts, protests and planes now they’ve got a taste for it. ;)

Finesse

Its more down to rebuilding not about winning the cup we can't change managers every 1-2 years it's create more mess than rebuilding because every new manager would want different set of players and that mean players that Arteta bought them will be the victims also new manager might not want to trust youngsters. imo give Arteta 2-3 years of rebuilding let's get new players get the system right after that you can make change. The fa cup help but it's not major factor.
In addition we do not have what is takes to pay off managers and back them financially to get rid of who they do not deem necessary to their plans , take a loss on those assets and invest on their respective desired players every 1-2 years. Chelsea and United have that capacity. United is learning and shying away from that. Lampard was sacked few months after some unbelievable spending and paid off heavily. Tuchel has a few months to work with them , get rid of some assets , they may take losses , and expect funds to invest in his own choice of players. Meanwhile at Arsenal we are peddling devalued assets in Lucas , Douzi , Sokrates , Özil , Kola around to raise funds for Aouar or Partey. ( needed a last minute intervention from Kroenke to take across the line). This is our reality. Arteta has a job on his hands. He will have to be very astute and together with Edu develop a system , structure ,and style of play and once that is in place , next stage will be to use the young players , get the best from the assets we have and make the necessary additions within reasonable ( Arsenal Level prices )

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Yep! What used to crop up on here as regular as a dose laxatives, was that ‘Arsenal are not challenging for the title when punters are paying top prices ffs’. If we’re still mid table when they come back, wonder if they’ll start their boycotts, protests and planes now they’ve got a taste for it. ;)

Are you ever going to accept that maybe some people have revaluated their stance on Arsenal since the Wenger days and also their stance on him?

I've read countless people on here this season say how they didn't appreciate Wenger enough, took him for granted, wished he was still here etc. People who wanted Wenger out at the time talking about how he overachieved for the vast duration of his tenure.

People like yourself and me have been proven right about Wenger being underappreciated and treated poorly.

3 years later do we really need to be rubbing peoples faces in it?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I don't really like this "his" players stuff, but I'll admit that our club signings overall have been subpar.

Wasn't the whole point of Edu to shape the overall way we play from the top down, while Mertesacker does the same via the Academy?

Thus, Arteta - like Emery - would mostly get signings that made sense for the club, with his own stuff (like Willian) as an added "bonus"?

Iceman10

Established Member
In addition we do not have what is takes to pay off managers and back them financially to get rid of who they do not deem necessary to their plans , take a loss on those assets and invest on their respective desired players every 1-2 years. Chelsea and United have that capacity. United is learning and shying away from that. Lampard was sacked few months after some unbelievable spending and paid off heavily. Tuchel has a few months to work with them , get rid of some assets , they may take losses , and expect funds to invest in his own choice of players. Meanwhile at Arsenal we are peddling devalued assets in Lucas , Douzi , Sokrates , Özil , Kola around to raise funds for Aouar or Partey. ( needed a last minute intervention from Kroenke to take across the line). This is our reality. Arteta has a job on his hands. He will have to be very astute and together with Edu develop a system , structure ,and style of play and once that is in place , next stage will be to use the young players , get the best from the assets we have and make the necessary additions within reasonable ( Arsenal Level prices )

This goes back a bit to what we were talking about yesterday. The timeline for what you are laying out is slow. Can forget about challenging for top 4 next season, and in truth any manager would have their work cut out even to make top 6. I’m not sure it works because other clubs will be in Europe and the risk is of us falling more behind, not closing the gap. It would work if we had a lot more than Saka and ESR coming through, but I am not convinced. Maybe Azeez. Balogun looks like he is on the way out.

I really don’t think there is any alternative to the owners figuring out a cash injection this summer. Without that any manager will be in a very difficult situation at this club with fans rightfully impatient. This could all be where the Arteta to Barca stuff hopefully comes in as a rumour to try to leverage the Kroenkes.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
ThE HigHesTesT TicKEt pRiceS iN Da Wurrrrld

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Are you ever going to accept that maybe some people have revaluated their stance on Arsenal since the Wenger days and also their stance on him?

I've read countless people on here this season say how they didn't appreciate Wenger enough, took him for granted, wished he was still here etc. People who wanted Wenger out at the time talking about how he overachieved for the vast duration of his tenure.

People like yourself and me have been proven right about Wenger being underappreciated and treated poorly.

3 years later do we really need to be rubbing peoples faces in it?
I think it was valid point made @Garrincha and nothing to do with Arsène. If fans were genenuinly p!ssed off at paying the highest ticket prices in the Prem and not challenging for the league, if we’re still mid table when fans reappear, Arsenal may have to lower their prices. My point about fans possibly protesting again if they don’t, seems equally valid to me.

Not sure who’s rubbing who’s face in what bro. Do you think they’ll put up with paying the highest prices for the current level, if we didn’t climb the table.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
They won't do that again. I mean, look how it worked out :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I agree with your second paragraph.

The first one just puts Arteta in a position where you're not going to give him credit for anything.

The first portion of the season was largely down to team selection issues and tactics and that's mainly on Arteta. He deserves criticism for that.

Arteta changed up personnel ( Some enforced admittedly ) and tactics since Christmas and that's put us on top 4 pace since then.
Yet that's down to players playing for professional pride rather than Arteta's improved management? Well where was that professional pride in the first 3 months of the season? Seems like a way to deny giving Arteta any credit at all to me.

If you listen to the players talk it's pretty apparent that most are invested in Arteta in a way that wasn't the case with Emery.

Since the Özil crew have been blackballed we're not getting these dressing room leaks every 5 minute. The journalist Chris Wheatley said Özil's agent was behind a lot of those leaks. It seems to me that those guys were trying to manufacture the impression that Arteta had lost the dressing room for their own ends.
What an absolute stain that mob were on this team/squad. I’d actually apportion 80% blame on those insidious scumbags. They were out to wreck Arteta and Arsenal. Hope he writes a book and tells all, not that there’d be much to guess.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom