• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Burnley v Arsenal | Saturday, March 6 | KO: 12:30 UTC | BT Sport

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,603
  • Views 55,819

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanfrothan

Just seen pieters post match interview and he actually said if they had a 'bit more luck' they might have won it!!!! How much do thy need?!?! Hands down the luckiest team in the league. Granted they have some real spirit but there best player out there was the post, by some distance.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
I still think there is something wrong if we can't score two against Burnley without relying on a penalty decision

We EARNED a penalty. It was stonewall.

I still think there is something wrong if we can't score two against Burnley without relying on a penalty decision

Burnley beat Liverpool and they didn’t put 2 past. Wtf is your point? Fair officiating and we win.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
That was one of the worst managerial performances since Arteta took over:

1. Playing a team which had played a difficult game three days ago whilst we were rested, he failed to rotate the squad despite knowing we had three season defining games coming up in a few days.
2. Having taken an early lead he encouraged the team to sit back and play the ball at the back which led to the equaliser
3. Whatever he said at half-time did not work, we were much worse in the second-half.
4. Failed to respond to the changed dynamic.
5. Kept Saka on the pitch (he shouldn't even have started) with a yellow and was lucky he didn't get sent off.
6. Failed to bring on Martinelli who unlike Willian - who Arteta was dying to start as soon as he offered something but mostly reverted to type today - must be in his bad books and must now be thinking of leaving.

Yes we should have had a penalty, but a penalty isn't automatically scored so that's not an excuse. Yes, Xhaka and Leno screwed up for the goal but who has instructed them to play that way? Why didnt he think of actually resting Xhaka for once anyway?

Pathetic. In a couple of weeks I may be in the Arteta out camp.

Last edited:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Got an assist. He did his job but was let down by others.

Taylor Swift Hair Flip GIF by MOODMAN
That assist should be give to Partey but that's another topic, but at least you've learned what Willian can do and what he can't

Breezy ®

The club has to file a complaint to the FA about VAR. It’s becoming too blatant now to just be down to bad lack.

baccy_man

Established Member
Some of these players really pee me off the back passing and slowing the game down when we should be attacking is awful,
If we had been playing with more pace in our games this season we would not be in the situation that we are now.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
All anger aside, another good performance for us, barely ever play badly now which will put us in great shape under Arteta in the league next season ( Mikel will still be here then, accept it everyone :drool: ) and puts in a good position for a strong finish in the Europa.

mpower2540

We have no business being near the European places. Strolling to victory against a garbage team but let’s miss chances and then give them some confidence by gift wrapping a goal for them.

Became a Burnley game after that, they won most of the second balls and just blocked us off. So so poor, but befitting of a team in 10th

Not sure how that handball isn’t given though :facepalm:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
You seriously blaming Arteta for today? WTF wrong with you ignoring the people on pitch again that's why we midtable

Hm I agree, but also I think Arteta is partly to blame. The urgency to score 2-3 goals and kill the game early also needs to come from the coach. In the 1st half the players were playing as if they had all the time in the world and nothing bad could happen, then something bad happened. Exact same thing as against Wolves. That's a mentality thing, which is partly the coach's responsibility.

If it happens once, call it an accident, but twice, no. It's a pattern. Arteta should be screaming at players to kill a game off when they are on top.

Finesse

Been observing forum as the game progressed. All the swearing at players for moments of madness , misses etc. Then boom end of game it’s all Arteta. Yes a Manager takes responsibility for the end of the game but today our players failed to kill the game when it mattered. Not once and not twice. Give Burnley our chances and the game would be done in the first half.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

That assist should be give to Partey but that's another topic, but at least you've learned what Willian can do and what he can't

Yes provided what should have been the match winning assist, such a shame he was let down by his teammates. But we go again!

Legend14

Established Member
Just a bad day of football. I still think Burnley out worked us and thats the difference. You have to make your own luck and we were lazy in all aspects.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

This. Xhaka ****ed up on the goal yes, but the forwards didn't do their job either by missing multiple sitters. You can't rely on a clean sheet every match to get the three points.
No, that is clear, but with us not scoring freely we cannot concede unnecessary goals like this. No defending Xhaka and his constant mistakes every season.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Those players should have won this game.
We drew in large part because the manager's pet who clearly is not good enough made yet another error leading to a goal which he leads the league in since joining the club. Being the manager means being accountable. This team under Arteta is prone to mistakes and red cards. If a manager is not accountable for performance then how do we judge them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom