• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Burnley v Arsenal | Saturday, March 6 | KO: 12:30 UTC | BT Sport

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,603
  • Views 55,981

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

1:0 up .. heading towards halftime.. two opposition forwards pressing in your box.. why do u try a short pass? has the manager told you that this is a non negotiable and is mandatory? what is the risk reward ratio here and why does a professional player make that pass. both xhaka and leno should have booted it out
Yeah I think it’s pretty clear it’s been instructed and made a non-negotiable looking at how we’ve played the last year...

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
From the 60th minute to the 75th minute we couldn't even hold on to the ball. Burnley totally dominated us. Against a team like Burnley that's embarrassing.

Wenger and Emery never dropped a single point to this lot. All of a sudden we're winless against them in our last three games.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
From the 60th minute to the 75th minute we couldn't even hold on to the ball. Burnley totally dominated us. Against a team like Burnley that's embarrassing.

Wenger and Emery never dropped a single point to this lot. All of a sudden we're winless against them in our last three games.
It was always struggle against them specially away we won some but was very close the last 2 games was our own fault more than Burnley

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
It‘s very obvious that we don’t have any back up or competition for Xhaka, and it needs to be addressed. Not saying that necessarily because of this game, it is unrealistic to expect a player to never miss a game, and it’s clear we have no plan B for him.
Xhaka has almost double the number of errors leading to goals than any other player in the PL since 2016. This does not include the red cards that cost us games. This is never going to change, we are going to have to deal with these errors every 6-7 games going forward, unless we upgrade.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I am trying to give Arteta time and have reasonable expectations but he is the one picking players like Xhaka and Willian game in and game out. It is his call and he will have to face the consequences.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
The last month we back to bad habit gifting easy goals this is now Cedric Ceballos twice xhaka twice

Check

That squad isn’t mid table. Auba, Saka and Tierney would get in most sides. Pepe and Partey were superb at their last clubs. Leno is a half decent keeper. Willian was very good at Chelsea. Odergaard was supposed to be a talented boy wonder. Why are they mid table?
This squad isn't mid table quality, but also not top 4. If you look pure quality wise, I think our squad is 6th or 7th in the league.

The reason we're midtable is a combination of things. First of all dull tactics from Arteta until christmas. That 3-4-3 wasn't sustainable. After christmas, it has been better with ESR in the side.

Second, the quality of this squad in crucial positions. David Luiz, Xhaka, Lacazette in our spine are not better than for example Aston Villa's spine with Mings, McGinn and Watkins. All our right backs are mid-table quality at best as well. With full backs becoming more important that is really concerning.

The only players that are currently top 4 level are Auba, Saka, Tierney and Partey. ESR is really good imo but not at that level yet.

Also, a lot of refereeing decisions haven't gone our way and also injuries to key players like Partey and Tierney.

And to react on your post, I don't think Willian was really good at Chelsea as well. The Chelsea fans I spoke to always said he had 1 good game and then 5 really bad games. Zero consistency. And he is even doing worse here.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Arteta football is so draining.

All that sideways passing to absolute nothing. He’s trying to replicate Pep’s style but it’s not working.

He reminds me of this scene in Breaking Bad:

Trying to copy Heisenbergs recipe with cheap products.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Xhaka might need few games off too he just not looking all focused mistake against Leicester leading to goal and today. Not sure we have other choice Elneny is awful Ceballos is average.

Kav

Established Member
Saka should've scored as well, but Saka has a lot more credit due to his consistently good performances he is giving us for 1,5 season now. Pepe costs us 72 million, the least I expect is to convert a chance like his first chance today. I'm not saying he was **** or anything today because he did quite a few good things as you mentioned, but what I was reacting to is the fact that he misses chances because he is dropped for Willian.
Fair enough I just don’t like seeing people have a go at players for a single error and ignore the positives as well. Also I think he would have done better starting against this Burnley team but we are past that.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

This squad isn't mid table quality, but also not top 4. If you look pure quality wise, I think our squad is 6th or 7th in the league.

The reason we're midtable is a combination of things. First of all dull tactics from Arteta until christmas. That 3-4-3 wasn't sustainable. After christmas, it has been better with ESR in the side.

Second, the quality of this squad in crucial positions. David Luiz, Xhaka, Lacazette in our spine are not better than for example Aston Villa's spine with Mings, McGinn and Watkins. All our right backs are mid-table quality at best as well. With full backs becoming more important that is really concerning.

The only players that are currently top 4 level are Auba, Saka, Tierney and Partey. ESR is really good imo but not at that level yet.

Also, a lot of refereeing decisions haven't gone our way and also injuries to key players like Partey and Tierney.

And to react on your post, I don't think Willian was really good at Chelsea as well. The Chelsea fans I spoke to always said he had 1 good game and then 5 really bad games. Zero consistency. And he is even doing worse here.
Well they should be 5th, because that’s the amount we spent on them. We can disagree about just how good Willian was at Chelsea, but we can agree he’s **** here bro.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
We need to convert our dominance in certain periods of a game into bigger leads; this game reminds me of wolves a bit. We should have been out of sight when Xhaka made the error. Our wingers are good but they need to be scoring more than they do. Pepe and Saka missed some big chances tonight.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Arteta football is so draining.

All that sideways passing to absolute nothing. He’s trying to replicate Pep’s style but it’s not working.

He reminds me of this scene in Breaking Bad:

Trying to copy Heisenbergs recipe with cheap products.
Pep’s sides move the ball much faster.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

this could be the difference between Fulham going down and Burnley staying up ffs
People will say "well one is from the attacking team and one was from the defending team so therefor..." but where the **** is the common sense????? Maja's was clearly fine and this was clearly a pen.

If you did twitter polls on decisions asking non biased fans you would get more correct decisions.

Reactions: A_G

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
No I wouldn't play Ceballos or Elneny either but they're all players who Arteta has either signed in Dani's case or brought back from nowhere in Elneny's case. He talked Xhaka into staying when he took over also.
I know that's the players he wanted to keep but the club need to show more ambition and make us better team no matter who the manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom