• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Rumors doing the round we’re looking into selling Auba in the summer.
Actually, I could understand it if a good offer came in. He's worth €35m according to Transfermarkt. Let's say a club comes in and offers something around €20-30m. Do we take it? He's our biggest earner (300k+ apparently) and 32 years old.

Ideally, I would sell Lacazette and get one more year out of Aubameyang with Martinelli or a prospect like Isak/Edouard as a backup who can slowly be integrated to take over. But what are the chances we get any fee for Auba in the summer of '22?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Actually, I could understand it if a good offer came in. He's worth €35m according to Transfermarkt. Let's say a franchise comes in and offers something around €20-30m. Do we take it? He's our biggest earner (300k+ apparently) and 32 years old.

Ideally, I would sell Lacazette and get one more year out of Aubameyang with Martinelli or a prospect like Isak/Edouard as a backup who can slowly be integrated to take over. But what are the chances we get any fee for Auba in the summer of '22?
40m€ should be minimum he only had 1 bad season in last 6-7 and still this season he could end up with 20 goals all competitions

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

The approach:

giphy.gif

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
€40m is a lot for a 32 y.o. though. If PSG or something would come with that cash I'd take it for sure.
Its alot but auba still has like 2 years at least in top level and he not injury prone. For me i keep him here he'll guarantee you goals no matter what you can't find strikers with 25 goals a season this summer.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
His loss.

Debatable. I mean that seriously. I'd say his loss to e.g. Van Persie who left for United to clutch one title. Even without his sale the club would've made around 35m by selling Song and Vela, could've still brought in Cazorla and Giroud, then Monreal in the winter. Walcott had had built a good relationship with van Persie and came off 11 goals/12 assists, went on to have 21 goals/16 assists in 12/13. With a high firing van Persie leading the line with Giroud as a finally quality backup, Cazorla added to the team, and the Merte/Kos partnership the Dutchman might've just fired Arsenal to a league title instead of United. Would've been an undisputable legend. Now he's the Arsenal legend in the making who sold his sold to one meager PL title with United.

Haaland. Not his loss. Look at Arsenal now :lol:

Might be a unwarranted serious take on your fun comment, but suddenly had an urge to write about "vintage" Arsenal and the idiot van Persie:lol:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Haaland was probably too good for Dortmund to begin with, is ahead of his development and should/could've joined any top franchise already after Salzburg. He will not consider any non CL franchise at all and will only go to absolute top clubs.
I assumed he'd go to Leipzig after Salzburg. Hindsight and all that but surely Leipzig win the title with him in the team this season? I mean they're very close to Bayern without him at the moment.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think signing Ødegaard, a CM, back-up GK and LB are prioritised in the summer. I think they want a new RB and CF but that is entirely dependent on receiving decent offers for Bellerin and Lacazette, so if it happens it's only later in the summer.

Selling Kola, Torreira and Guendouzi will be tricky, AMN, Willock, Nelson and Nketiah should be easier deals to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom