• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
This is the crux of the whole problem. A lot of people have convinced themselves that Arteta is this untapped genius waiting to be unleashed, one who will take us to the promised land. Which is why they don't care if we finish 10th/12th, play crap football, break unwanted records left, right and center.

People love playing the lottery and Arteta is a the lottery in managerial form. They're willing to sink god knows how many seasons into him in the hope of winning a Fergie or a Pep or a Zaidan... etc. one day.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hard to think he's still 39. He looks like he's in his 50s.
Same with Arteta though, it's taking it's toll if you look closely.

DB0-FF9-EB-CF3-F-4689-B5-A4-88-D1588792-CD.jpg

vantoure

When Overmars and Anelka had a disagreement, this is how Big Wengz handled it...

"He asked the two players to spell out their issues; Anelka repeated his complaint to Wenger in their native tongue, while in English, Overmars claimed he always looked out for Anelka’s runs and didn’t understand his problem.

Rather than translating their comments accurately, Wenger simply told Overmars that Anelka had said he no longer had a problem, then told Anelka that Overmars was promising to pass more. Both were lies, but it temporarily resolved the situation."

:lol:
Reminds of this man :lol: 1617783737155.png

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Really for everyone's emotional sanity we need to move away from the idea that Wenger's style and ethos = Arsenal's style and ethos.

It's a natural way to think considering most of us either spent all or the majority of our time supporting Arsenal under Wenger.

Wenger era was the best, but it's not representative of what Arsenal have been most of their history. It was only a handful of years previous under George Graham that we were playing the antithesis of Wenger football. Over the 9 years he really imprinted himself on the club, it would have been silly to expect Rioch, Houston, Wenger etc to play '1-0 to the Arsenal' football though.

It's not even about Arteta, it's about every manager that'll be here in the future. You're setting the bar too high in terms of expectations.

Great football and challenging for trophies is a lot to ask. There aren't many Wenger's around who can do that on a non Man City budget.

Pass and move, know your pass one or two steps ahead. That's just good football and what we have taught for a good while due to Wenger. His style is a separate thing. Our current players, very few are capable. ESR and Saka do this and it comes naturally because it was coached along with their talent.

Goal two here for example

GoonerJay24

Remember when the boss was satan reincarnate for finishing 4th/3rd with Denilson and Song in midfield against teams containing Ronaldo, Lampard, Robben, Rooney and Gerrard?

Or when the cry was "Arsenal thugs, same old Arsenal always cheating" when we were up against a team containing Roy Keane, Giggs and Paul "he never learned how to tackle" Scholes and they got none of that branding?

Only for it to become "Arsenal don't like it up em" "too soft" "They need some leaders like Vieira" (the same Paddy who they lambasted from pillar to post while he was here) when it became open season on breaking Arsenal players' legs. Any other club suffer 3 leg breaks from tackles in 4 years?

For years the media has tried to undercut us at every turn. I don't care what people say about refs being impartial, they're humans and when they read all the time about how Arsenal's "continental" players were soft etc etc and then they reffed a game and one was tackled. I'm sure that was in their mind. Not to mention that they're corrupt ****s anyway.

So when the media is putting out these puff pieces, I read them the same way I do opposition manager's comments when they praise him. None of them want Arsenal to be successful and would be very glad if this current state of affairs continued indefinitely.

I've said many times that there has been an agenda in football, mainly English football, against Arsenal.
It's not even about Wenger or the influx of foreign players, this goes back further than that era.

What is noticeable to me is the way in which Arsenal have perennially been spoken about within the media. Obviously pundits and sport journalists are entitled to criticize teams especially the bigger teams with more finances when they underperform, I accept this. But with Arsenal regardless of their performances there's always been this underlying negative tone when we are discussed. In times the team wins they obviously recieve praise but it seems reluctantly. For example a couple of weeks ago I listened to talksport, it was the morning after we beat Benfica and Leicester got knocked out by Prague; the presenter made numerous excuses for Leicester, praised the efforts of Rangers and United to get through but when it came to Arsenal, he went on a three minute rant being critical saying there are serious problems at the club and we haven't won anything for years. One of his co-presenters had to inject bringing up our Fa Cup wins.

Supporters from all clubs will state the media and general bias against them but I feel with Arsenal it's very much real. The best way to thwart this movement is for Arsenal fans to stop engaging with the negativity on social media surrounding us and start showing continual love and real pride for thus great club.

say yes

forum master baiter
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Alright Mike Bassett

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

A sweet tongue doesn't mask the problem we can all see with our eyes.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
One of the reasons I have a more sympathetic view of Arteta is because he seems like he's the only person that's trying to imprint himself on the club.

This may sound silly but what do Vinai, Edu and Josh really believe in or want to do with the club? No-one knows apart from some management level buzzwords. They basically hide in the background hoping not to get noticed or do anything so egregiously bad the fans start attacking them. It's just treading water stuff.

There's no top down direction to the club.

If Arteta gets sacked, I won't like it but fair enough, It would be hard to argue with from a results perspective. Whoever gets the job next will be having to deal with these guys above them too.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
One of the reasons I have a more sympathetic view of Arteta is because he seems like he's the only person that's trying to imprint himself on the club.

This may sound silly but what do Vinai, Edu and Josh really believe in or want to do with the club? No-one knows apart from some management level buzzwords. They basically hide in the background hoping not to get noticed or do anything so egregiously bad the fans start attacking them. It's just treading water stuff.

There's no top down direction to the club.

If Arteta gets sacked, I won't like it but fair enough, It would be hard to argue with from a results perspective. Whoever gets the job next will be having to deal with these guys above them too.

Edu is the biggest disappointment to me, all he's done is just create a route for Kia to come to the club ffs :lol:

Loved Edu as a player too, shame.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Edu is the biggest disappointment to me, all he's done is just create a route for Kia to come to the club ffs :lol:

Loved Edu as a player too, shame.

No more former players man. We can’t judge them impartially.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Want to agree...but then you see that pic @Hunta posted of Henry and Vieira and all your senses go out the window :drool:

How would you react if Wayne Rooney does amazingly at Derby, creates a new brand of total football and gets hired by us?

You can’t really reminisce on him as a player because he banged in most of his goals against us ffs :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
How would you react if Wayne Rooney does amazingly at Derby, creates a new brand of total football and gets hired by us?

You can’t really reminisce on him as a player because he banged in most of his goals against us ffs :lol:

Never that diving fatty.

I don't want any and all former footballers, I am not crazy...just former Arsenal ones!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Never that diving fatty...I don't want any and all former footballers, I am not crazy!

Just former Arsenal ones ;)

No I get that but would you still support the club if we got a Rooney or Stevie G?

Or god forbid a Harry Kane when he retires. Like how do you as a person come to terms with it?

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom