• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

mpower2540

He isnt good enough overall I'll admit, but lets not revise his impact entirely. Its clear that he is a talented coach, even if this job is currently too big for him.

I think the main reason why he stays in the job is his potential, what he could be. Its clear that the club are trying to give him time, some investment and space to get it right. They are clearly hoping that he will get it right and the rest would be history, ala a hope he repeats what Ferguson did post 1990, when he was about to be booted from United.

He should be long gone, but the fact that he is still at the club is testament to his talent.
There’s a large part of me now that thinks I was taken in by his ability to communicate. I mean Jesus I was already sucking him off after his first press conference when he was talking about standards and non negotiables.
Even now when he talks after a game more often than not I find myself nodding a long to what he’s saying.

It’s weird to me how most of the players still seem to be 100% behind him and it looks like the board are completely invested too. Either he’s doing things that we’re not seeing that need time to execute or he’s so adamant in his convictions that everyone is just blindly following him like some kind of Jedi mind trick. probably because no one else has a ****ing clue what to do, and the board don’t want to have any responsibility of actually having to make any decisions that matter so let’s just leave Mikel to hang himself.

I’ve got sympathy with him on this part. it’s the guys first ever management job and we’ve basically done exactly what we did with Wenger. Chucked him the keys and said you fix it mate oh and if you need any help you’ve got Edu but I wouldn’t bother if I were you, he’s not got much experience either......anyway cya.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Immaculate hair, no greys. Has anybody seen him bleed? I'm not convinced that he isn't a robot.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
It's clear the club is really in a bad position.

Who is actually running the club?

Where are the people above making hhe decisions?

Who are they????

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He is simply an ego maniac. All of the data and research about Slavia beforehand showed that they play a high line and they lack quality to play from the back. So the correct thing to do would be to play a high press and with lots of pace in behind.

It's not even hindsight. Everyone knew what the line up should have been before the game. Yet he decided to play Willian and Lacazette where immobile and then ESR who has just come back from injury.

Having watched Saka get in behind and have nobody to square it to because Willian and Lacazette simply couldn't keep up with him why didn't he change it? Klopp took 40 minutes to make a change when he realised he got it wrong vs Madrid. That's Madrid ffs. Arteta is too proud and literally waited as long as he could for both Laca and Willian to contribute something. That trait is terrible in a manager. It means he cares about himself more than the team.

Martinelli---------Auba--------Pepe

------------------------ESR

------------Xhaka--------Partey

Saka-----Gabriel-Holding-Cedric

-----------------------Leno

That should be the line up for the next game.

Martinelli and Saka know how to play together on the left.

Xhaka can drop into the left back space to build up and Cedric has linked with Pepe the best out of our 10 right backs.

Press them high, play fast football and we will rip them about. That team would end the tie in the first 30 mins.

However, if he goes there with a conservative attitude, being scared to press or play from the back then there is literally no point in getting to the final.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Should score a few away in Prague, if he hasn’t lost the players.

So things are far from over.

If by some miracle we get past Slavia in Prague we have Emery's Villareal lying in wait. They're a much better team than Slavia with a much better manager than ours who has pedigree in this competition.

Not to mention the prospect of exacting a little vengeance on the club that wrong him by replacing him with someone woefully unqualified. I'm afraid we've spent whatever little bit of luck was left this miserable season.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
He's going to be here next season whatever happens in the Europa so by this point in the season surely he knows who is in his plans for next season and who isn't.

Especially in the league with the options he's got he should start playing a starting 11 with next season in mind and give them a run of games to finish, forget about results, just get them comfortable and hopefully start getting a bit of consistency playing with each other. This chopping and changing every match isn't doing himself or the team any favours. If that means some higher earners aren't involved then so be it.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
He isnt good enough overall I'll admit, but lets not revise his impact entirely. Its clear that he is a talented coach, even if this job is currently too big for him.

He should be long gone, but the fact that he is still at the club is testament to his talent.

It's not clear at all. And the only testimony given is one that condemns the club's ownership, management, and future.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Must you be the fly in the ointment? Tell us what we want to hear so we can delude ourselves even if for just a little while longer :lol:

Oh alright. He's staying because we're winning the Europa league this season, we're making the QF of the CL next season, and challenging for the PL title. Belieeeeeve, belieeeeve, caaaalm, caaalm, sleeep, sleeep... fade to music.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I think we can all accept the squad isn't good enough. My biggest worry is that from all the average players Arteta still hasn't figured out who is the best of a bad bunch. We've never had a settled team or starting XI in his tenure. Maybe it's a habit he picked up from Pep at least Pep does have genuine top talent and he can say I'll pick the best players from training. It's a solid principle but that's a luxury Arteta doesn't have due to the talent pool at Arsenal.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Oh alright. He's staying because we're winning the Europa league this season, we're making the QF of the CL next season, and challenging for the PL title. Belieeeeeve, belieeeeve, caaaalm, caaalm, sleeep, sleeep... fade to music.

Now I've got buyer's remorse. Ultimately, I blame myself for asking for too much :lol:

Jack badmon

It fills me with dread if by some miraculous reason we win Europa the absolute beatings we will get in the champions league. The kind of profile of player we attract seems to be one prone to a lack of concentration with merely flashes of quality and that comes from the mentality of the club when only 4th would do, then 6th, now 10th is fine. Look at Partey already he’s chilling spraying passes to Holloway Road tube. You think he’d be starting for Chelsea on this form?

scytheavatar

Established Member
I think we can all accept the squad isn't good enough. My biggest worry is that from all the average players Arteta still hasn't figured out who is the best of a bad bunch. We've never had a settled team or starting XI in his tenure. Maybe it's a habit he picked up from Pep at least Pep does have genuine top talent and he can say I'll pick the best players from training. It's a solid principle but that's a luxury Arteta doesn't have due to the talent pool at Arsenal.

This is why instead of kissing Guardiola's asses Arteta should have stayed with us and coach our youth teams. Besides creating a relationship with guys that he will need to rely on in the future, he also gets to learn how to manage players who are not going to be sold for 60 million in the future, but still have tremendous potential that he needs to unlock. It is pure folly for Arteta to think that he can become Guardiola by being his assistant.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom