• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
This f*cks me off. Buy XYZ. Well what about Partey who looks like crap, Auba who looks like crap, Leno now looks ****, Gabriel crap, WHY CAN'T HE IMPROVE THESE GUYS?!

He can buy who he likes but if he can't improve them whats the point.
I think that old saying about only being as strong as your weakest link applies to this side, these clown moments like the one we saw from Cedric/Gabriel last night keeps bringing the team down.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I'll be honest here, I don't actually think I care about no CL now because all it means is Mikel will stay longer, we'll bring in the wrong players for a high price and finish 7/6th next season and get nowhere in the CL and be back to where we are now. Yes a trophy would be nice but I feel I can't trust this club right now with anything.

I mentioned it a few days ago but let's look at where we are now and take a look what we currently have.

Saka
ESR
Martinelli
Tierney
Gabriel
Saliba
Guendouzi
Balogun
Azeez

In my opinion, pretty much all of them have potential to be world class players in the future, so why not use next season when we have no Europe to focus on building a team full of exciting young and talented players.

Mikel or no Mikel, if we focus on this next season we'll be better off in the future and if needs be we'll have to sell 1 or 2 and make a huge profit, reinvest into the squad and build and build.

I'd genuinely be excited for next season if these were plans, go add a Bundia/Ödegaard and a RB as well if we can. Sell those we all know aren't good enough and focus on what we have instead of bringing in a load of players.

We have talent, we just need someone who can spark more life into them now and let them play their football.

However as I said, I really don't trust this club at the minute to try something like this. I refuse to believe Partey & Gabriel are as bad as they have been playing, that has to be on the current form of this squad and we need something to help these guys reach their potential every week. That might be a new manager.

Also I think if you sold this project, there aren't many managers who wouldn't turn this down an opportunity to work with this group of young players in only the PL and cups. It would be a great season for someone to implement their way of football.

One thing I am confident with is we won't bring in the wrong players. The money we've spent has gone on Gabriel and Partey, two excellent signings. We won't settle for Wenger esque signings on big money now. Arteta and Edu might be a lot of things but they know what level of player it takes to take this club forward.

To your point on younger players over half of those are playing for us regularly already. I wouldn't be putting Azeez in the side just yet and Guendouzi just doesn't deserve to be here at all, stinks out the place wherever he is.

If you look at the players we've been linked with (Bissouma, Hakimi, Ødegaard permanently) these are exciting, quality players. Not Pepe signings on stupid money.

If you get rid of Arteta you have to get rid of Edu, so this has to be a wise decision from the top, and we know for a fact no matter what Arteta will be given the summer and next season, or at least part of it. Saying that I'd want to see some sort of change if we finish below 8th and get knocked out of the Europa league early on. That can be a managerial change/DOF change OR if the club are truly backing Arteta then they need to prove it and give him 150-200M to get the squad the way he wants.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Yeah, couldn't beat mighty Slavia because we had Cedric instead of a 50m fullback
I wasn't saying that, the performance wasn't good enough overall which is a problem because the team will almost always find a way to shoot themselves in the foot, but if you create loads and score 3 or 4 it's less of an issue. The reason why these individual errors and refereeing decisions are so costly is because this team has a smaller margin for error than the best teams.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
One thing I will say in Arteta's defence regarding last nights game is despite the intensity really not being there you cannot blame Arteta for dumb individual mistakes from players.

Saka's miss, Auba's miss and more specifically Lacazette's miss are important moments. Laca's is just as bad as one of our defenders fluffing up and us conceding from that.

Also I don't see many people debating on Gabriel. Ever since he arrived he's looked awkward on the ball? That awkwardness can bring panic when under pressure.

vantoure

I think that old saying about only being as strong as your weakest link applies to this side, these clown moments like the one we saw from Cedric/Gabriel last night keeps bringing the team down.
That's not the reason we didn't win though. The overall play just wasn't good enough, simple. I remarked on twitter that the SLP players didn't even appear flustered, and that we were most likely to score from their own unforced mistake than our own creativity.

Simply, we didn't play well enough, it's a cop out to single that Cedric moment (stupid as it was) for the reason we didn't win

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

One thing I am confident with is we won't bring in the wrong players. The money we've spent has gone on Gabriel and Partey, two excellent signings. We won't settle for Wenger esque signings on big money now. Arteta and Edu might be a lot of things but they know what level of player it takes to take this club forward.

To your point on younger players over half of those are playing for us regularly already. I wouldn't be putting Azeez in the side just yet and Guendouzi just doesn't deserve to be here at all, stinks out the place wherever he is.

If you look at the players we've been linked with (Bissouma, Hakimi, Ödegaard permanently) these are exciting, quality players. Not Pepe signings on stupid money.

If you get rid of Arteta you have to get rid of Edu, so this has to be a wise decision from the top, and we know for a fact no matter what Arteta will be given the summer and next season, or at least part of it. Saying that I'd want to see some sort of change if we finish below 8th and get knocked out of the Europa league early on. That can be a managerial change/DOF change OR if the club are truly backing Arteta then they need to prove it and give him 150-200M to get the squad the way he wants.

If we're not bringing in the wrong players as you have said then there's no reason to sack Edu. Cedric, Mari, Willian, Partey, Luiz, & Ceballos are all his players signed off, few others probably always start for us. He's not making them work unfortunately.

Whickham

Arteta Ball:

- 10th
- Playing boring and predictable football.
- Less big chances created than Brighton and Leeds -Less clean sheets (8) than Fulham, saints, Leeds, Burnley, Brighton (9).
- 0 clean sheet in 15 matches (but I was told he has really improved the team defensively.)

The guy is clueless, He should have been gone after the Aston Villa home game. Trust the process, What a ******* process?

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
Not about what you care for.

IMO, Villareal are the likely winners, just based on precedents of the managers left in the competition.

I've not followed Roma closely recently, but interesting that they picked an away win at Ajax, so I imagine they'd give United a good match in the SF.
True. I think Roma will win it.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

One thing I am confident with is we won't bring in the wrong players. The money we've spent has gone on Gabriel and Partey, two excellent signings. We won't settle for Wenger esque signings on big money now.
This kinda stuff really annoys me as well. We deserve every bit of the misery Arteta/this regime brings this club tbh. More power to them.

vantoure

If we're not bringing in the wrong players as you have said then there's no reason to sack Edu. Cedric, Mari, Willian, Partey, Luiz, & Ceballos are all his players signed off, few others probably always start for us. He's not making them work unfortunately.
plus hairspray shouldn't then blame the players for poor results

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

You have to look at it from a monetary perspective. If we didn't sign Cedric, Mari, Willian, Luiz and Ceballos we wouldn't have been able to bolster the squad due to not having the funds available. As sad as it is these guys are stop gaps, short/medium term signings to get us through this period whilst we improve the main starting 11 over 2 or 3 windows. Why is that? Because we aren't given the money to do the things we want in just one window, and rightly so, I wouldn't expect a team to be built in one window. However if the club are truly backing Arteta I'd expect this summers window to give him at least 75-85% of what he wants.

The question for me isn't "Would Arteta be doing better with a shiny new 50M right back, 70M midfield, 100M striker, 50M new CB" its would Arteta be doing better with players that fit what he wants? We know what he wants is 5 or 6 new signings, so you'd have to say it would make quite a big difference as he's basically saying over half the team don't do what he wants.

@Macho With all due respect I know for a fact that Edu won't be signing Xhaka, Mustafi and Perez for 85 ****ing million. So if that stuff "really annoys you" then I don't really care, because its fact, most of the money Wenger spent was completely wasted.

• Dislike
Reactions: Kav

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Ornstein just confirming what has been obvious for a while. Arteta needs ££££ to turn it around, he’s not an overachiever, he’s not special, he’s like his mentor Pep in that he needs the very best for his style to work.

That’s never happening here, just a waste of time all this.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom