• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Scottish_Gooner.

Arsenal will finish bottom half of the table. Even if we win the europa league who the **** is going to want to stay or join us? League position is going backwards and we will be shagged out of next seasons champions league. Finding it very hard to defend arteta anymore. He has to go.
This problem lies deeper with Kroenke though, this football club has become an embarrassment. A ****ing embarrassment.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Split it into three in case your tiny brain can only take one at a time.

First reply is to explain why your criticism is not logical.
Second reply is to prove the need of why I need to post a video.
The third one is just to express my thoughts towards your disrespectful comment.
Oh so I have a tiny brain as well....that's a new one😆

Whatever helps you sleep at night dude

mpower2540

Think I’m done with him now, he’s got us set up so negatively, even against crap teams, keeps shifting the team about, has no idea about how to make changes during the game but the biggest one of all is he’s not learning from these mistakes. Even his defensive improvement is based on us just retreating into a low block ffs.

Someone made an interesting point on the AV podcast about how we fail to sustain pressure because we lose so many duels and the opposition are able to get out. I’ve often been frustrated by this.

Our press is so bad but we’re also really weak when in comes to physical challenges up at the top. No wonder though when you’ve got Nketiah, Saka, Smith Rowe, Pepe and Ceballos doing it. 3 kids, Pepe is pretty strong but he’s not exactly a unit and I’d be more scared of a bubble heading my way than Ceballos.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Oh so I have a tiny brain as well....that's a new one😆

Whatever helps you sleep at night dude
Alright then. My first two reply, what are incorrect there? Point that out. If you failed to point that out, then that line you have posted should be applied to you.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

People get sick of this point, but it’s the most frustrating thing for me. We’re probably going to be 11th after this week of games, would we be doing any worse if Saliba, Guendouzi, Willock, Nelson, Martinelli and Balogun had been getting more game time?

Maybe we would have, but we’d also know what youngsters are good enough going into next season, instead we’ve had a wasted season and we’ll have to use next season to see if those kids are ready.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

We're going out there with the mindset of not getting beat. Everything is safety first and to me that all stems from Arteta. The defenders can have an open ball further forward but instead play it square. Midfielders have space to move into but will turn and pass it to the side, they rarely try any through balls. Even our wingers have chances to take their defender on but turn inside and pass it to the nearest man. Our whole aura is that of a scared team and it's really hard to get out of that at this point.
And it’s definitely coming from the manager, Xhaka is one example of Arteta clearly telling a player to be less ambitious. Pepe only gets in the team now because he doesn’t try and take his man on as much. Teta is correct to try and minimise risk but he’s gone too far.

A pundit made a great point the other day: Man City try to force through those passes that a defence really don’t want you to attempt. Doing this constantly mentally tires out a defence and means they’re more likely to crumble.

If the pass doesn’t make it through it’s usually because a defender has had to stretch to intercept it, or make a recovery, either way City are then favourites for that second ball or are in a possession to start their press.

Our safe passing just makes things so easy for our opposition.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
And it’s definitely coming from the manager, Xhaka is one example of Arteta clearly telling a player to be less ambitious. Pepe only gets in the team now because he doesn’t try and take his man on as much. Teta is correct to try and minimise risk but he’s gone too far.

A pundit made a great point the other day: Man City try to force through those passes that a defence really don’t want you to attempt. Doing this constantly mentally tires out a defence and means they’re more likely to crumble.

If the pass doesn’t make it through it’s usually because a defender has had to stretch to intercept it, or make a recovery, either way City are then favourites for that second ball or are in a possession to start their press.

I really think at this point we could have any player you can think of in this team at and we'd really not be that much better off. If you have a manager that wants you to go out there in a safety first mindset, then this is largely what you'll get unless the players just go out and there and disregard his instructions. I've seen it enough this season, particularly with young players like Nelson, that they are so scared of making mistakes that they just play the percentages for fear of being dropped altogether.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

The usual Arteta fan boys on here told me we’d be great once Arteta gets “ his “ players in the summer. How can you be that delusional to think 2 - 3 players is going to drastically change things next season? This currently is a team that should be in the Europa spots, at least, not struggling in the bottom half of the table. Even if we win the EL it’ll be the same as the FA cup win last season - papering cracks.
Arteta is done here, the rookie experiment is over.
Imagine Arsène with two raw physical cb’s like Gabriel and Saliba, a holding midfielder like Partey, talented players like Martinelli, ESR and Saka... it would be mouth watering what he could do with these boys. Sadly we got greasy Mik.

OSBK

Established Member
Underwhelmed is what i feel currently. The everton game was a nothing game in a nothing season. The everton goal was typical arsenal, never in danger so we gift a goal. This whole PL season has been a shambles by arteta. The honeymoon period is well and truly over and the only thing that can save him and us is winning the EL. The question is do the fans and players trust this guy to lead them to success, i dont.

Some young players have performed well but auba, partey, bellerin, willian, neny, holding,dc and many others have been extremely underwhelming. Yes we can blame players for the performance on the pitch but these guys dont look as if they train together every week. Why play xhaka at lb, we have better players in the position. He is trying to copy what pep does but pep has the ability to coach and manage players to play out of position.

The Ødegaard transfer for me screams at every wrong with arsenal football club from the top to the fans. We are desperate for a fullback, cb, cm of high quality and i mean seriously for a long time. There are players out there we couldve got, i mean we got one of the most talented cam in the world from one of the top teams in the world. The willian thing didnt work, fans are upset and the media narrative was we need a new creator. The board reacts to allow edu and arteta to satisfy the fans by bringing in a high profile cam, but its not what the team needs yet again. As fans we accepted it, over and over again we accept a high profile forward signing when we need high profile defenders and midfielders. We lauded the extension of auba and the signing of willian when that money shouldve been used to buy top defenders. And every season its the same thing over and over. Everyone remember when pep went out 1 summer and got a whole new defence, city fans wanting neymar had to put up with kyle walker and that didnt work out to bad for them. From the top we have the wrong people making the wrong decisions.

I pray for change, the board and the manager need to go.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

I mean this shouldn't be an alien concept to us of all clubs. This is what we used to do every single game against the smaller clubs under Wenger.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Part of me almost wants us to get knocked out of the EL. I mean I really wanna win that trophy, and CL is objectively much better than no european football at all. But a lot of me wants that group of players, the manager, Edu and Vinai, and especially the owners, to see just how bad we are and we much we've declined. I want it to be completely exposed, impossible to look away from or ignore.

Malky

Established Member
Imagine Arsène with two raw physical cb’s like Gabriel and Saliba, a holding midfielder like Partey, talented players like Martinelli, ESR and Saka... it would be mouth watering what he could do with these boys. Sadly we got greasy Mik.
No exaggeration to say that Wenger would have this squad in the top 4.
it took Wenger 6 seasons to lose as many games at the Emirates as Arteta has done in this season alone....and the season isn’t even finished yet. :facepalm:

Malky

Established Member
People get sick of this point, but it’s the most frustrating thing for me. We’re probably going to be 11th after this week of games, would we be doing any worse if Saliba, Guendouzi, Willock, Nelson, Martinelli and Balogun had been getting more game time?

Maybe we would have, but we’d also know what youngsters are good enough going into next season, instead we’ve had a wasted season and we’ll have to use next season to see if those kids are ready.
In a way it’s maybe a blessing that Arteta hasn’t used those kids. Save them for a manager that knows what he’s doing!

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Records are being broken by this incompetent corporate stooge left & right but they're the ones generally consigned to the dustbin of history.

Any fans who've continued to support him since things went south all the way back since at the end of October are doing themselves & the club they claim to support a great disservice.

This "Manager" has done nothing but mismanage the players, employ imbecilic tactics, antagonize players (including the captain) and all this yielded no gains whatsoever. On top of his bad management, he's a diabolical man manager.

He should be managing Cadiz or somewhere befitting his abilities, yet the amazing PR he got with endorsements from Wenger & Guardiola (in addition to being part of his all-conquering staff) pushed him ahead of the likes of Ancelotti, a winner across the 5 major leagues!!

We now have as many wins as losses and it's not looking to get brighter any time soon.

Get this charlatan out of our club posthaste!

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think the club will be in for a shock when stadiums reopen and quite a few tickets are left unsold.

Maybe not at first as it’d be exciting just to be back. But I’m not sure many will be paying and wasting their day watching this once that wears off.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom