• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Preacher

Always Crying
It's strange to me that Arteta is so lienient while talking about refs and their decisions. He should have hammered and put pressure on them more through out the season. But this what you got with inexperience manager, I guess.

Refs are f*cking us with no push back. Emery didn't have vocabulary, Arteta doesn't have experience and respect as newbie.

Kav

Established Member
Arteta is giving off some Beta vibes lately. The whole speech about our ownership was cringe worthy in light of the present circumstances.

My bigger concern is that he’s tactically limited and he doesn’t operate well outside of his set system. If the players don’t fit into his system it shows. Also his way of playing is difficult to watch as it is slow and quite blunt. Rarely do we penetrate defenses and we don’t make a lot of shots on opposing goals.

Instead of identifying a system that gets the best out of most of his players he tries to force his players to play his system. Ideally you want him to bridge the two spectrums. He has to make the best use of the talent that is available to him and I don’t think that he is doing so. We can look at his use of Pepe for example, absolutely Wasted.

Also he has not managed Saka very well this season. The lad has been tired and he still pushes him into games. Also Arteta is playing him every where he can on the pitch which is not good for his development long term. You need to expose an attacking player to a few positions but saka has played LB /LWB/ LM /CM/LW/ RB/RWB/RM and RW this season alone. How do you expect him to gain much consistency and learn his craft when he is being shunted around the pitch so that the Manager can fit other players on the field?

Another example is he had Willock playing CM earlier in the season which he was not suited to, he lacks the passing skills and spatial awareness to play deep. Willock is more of a 8 or a modern 10 position ally who makes runs into the attacking third. Bruce has found the best role for Willock at Newcastle.

We can also go into his use of Aubameyang, Lacazette and Nketiah but I can’t bother right now as that will just annoy me.

If he can’t succeed without getting 5 or 6 new players that fit his system then he is simply not the one to lead this club forward because we are unlikely to have the spending power to go get those players in this condensed transfer market.

Further to this he has already been in charge of some very questionable acquisitions ( Willian, Cedric, Mari, Runarsson) so I’m not sure I would trust him on the recruiting front to build anything. Unfortunately for Arteta if you don’t win you get sacked and he’s not been winning much lately. He has to bring home the EL because he hasn’t earned another season here otherwise.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
This has put me off Arteta a little bit, can't lie.

I wasn't expecting him to say "Yeah, hope Stan ****s off!" as he wants to keep his job, but feel he went too far the other way...

"Our discussions behind the scenes have been positive about the next transfer window, hopefully we can all show the fans that soon and give them a team they want."

...something like that would have been acceptable, praises the owners but also acknowledging that the club needs to do better...instead of "our owners are the best people and the best owners in the world!" which was basically what he said ffs!

Feel after all that's happened recently, that answer from Arteta was very poor and patronizing to the fans.

The word lapdog came to mind.

His hands are tied anyway, better sucking up to Kroenke if it increases the chances of him staying in the job.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Mans trying to tell me Arteta hasn't managed Saka well despite Saka having an unbelievable season. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jack Grealish can also play right across the 3 behind the striker, must mean he's been mismanaged this season as well.

The ludicrous statements from people on here sometimes.

UnbiasedNeutral

If I don't survive, tell my wife "hello"
Mans trying to tell me Arteta hasn't managed Saka well despite Saka having an unbelievable season. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jack Grealish can also play right across the 3 behind the striker, must mean he's been mismanaged this season as well.

Willow also needs to be played as a 10 so he can make late runs into the box. Just ignore the fact he's Championship level in every sense.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The word lapdog came to mind.

His hands are tied anyway, better sucking up to Kroenke if it increases the chances of him staying in the job.

I guess...think he could have gone a bit more measured with his answer, rather than go all in favour of Stan ffs.

We are 10th in the league, in a bad run of form again...and save a few great FA Cup wins under him, have been declining as a club/team since Kroenke took us over in 2011.

He should know that his response would just annoy an already unhappy fanbase...as I said, poor from Mikel, imo.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Willow also needs to be played as a 10 so he can make late runs into the box. Just ignore the fact he's Championship level in every sense.

Another rubbish statement from @Kav Willock needs to be played deeper to have the biggest impact. Even under Emery Willock was borderline useless in the 10. But he'll conveniently forget that to make a point. Easy to say when you aren't back in the situation.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

That just means how many decisions have been overturned by VAR, it doesn't mean that they were incorrect.

Yep, I was gonna say that.

However to be fair, the fact that we've had the most negative overturns is not insignificant (as negative overturns shouldn't be occurring so frequently over the period of a season). But that alone doesn't say much.

A better statistic would be "dubious overturns" or "inconclusive overturns", basically any overturn which was incorrect or there's not consensus whether the decision was correct or not (Pepe's offside being a perfect example).

Last edited:
Reactions: A_G

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

That's one game. He has been one of the biggest outliers I've seen in the league. Their xG is so much higher than their goals suggest. He needs a goalscorer + Lamptey (their best player) to be fit. I see him pushing onto mid table next season if they make the right signings.
Brighton + a good striker are a solid mid-table team imo. Not sure what Potter's ceiling is but he definitely passes the 'deserves better players' test.

mirrorstare

It's strange to me that Arteta is so lienient while talking about refs and their decisions. He should have hammered and put pressure on them more through out the season. But this what you got with inexperience manager, I guess.

Refs are f*cking us with no push back. Emery didn't have vocabulary, Arteta doesn't have experience and respect as newbie.

Him putting pressure on the refs is not going to make the lines magically move to onside.

We haven't been ****ed by the refs this season in any way, it's just a very weak excuse to avoid talking about our poor football being the root cause we're not winning matches or "dominating" as Arteta would say

Before all this moaning the excuse was why Aubameyang wasn't able to put the only header he was able to get in 90 minutes into the top corner.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

To be fair, if and it's a big if we win the Europa League, based on achievements and goals achieved Arteta would have to go down in the top bracket of first time managers in English football.

2 major trophies and CL football within 18 months would be exceptional.

As many of his critics like to point out it's a results / achievements based business.
Statements like this make me hope that Arteta doesn't win a trophy again, unfortunately I'm an arsenal fan.

What is it about a trophy (small sample size of results) that makes people forget the bigger picture? I mean almost everyone accepts that Arteta would be fluking his way to this EL trophy and yet it seemingly erases the bigger picture problem which is that he's clearly (and this isn't an opinion it's a statistics backed fact) out of his depth?

Sarri won the goddamn trophy and made the top four and STILL got sacked because Chelsea knew he wasn't good enough long term. Maybe that's why they're successful and we are where we are. A lot of our fanbase seem to be okay with settling.

Last edited:

Kav

Established Member
Another rubbish statement from @Kav Willock needs to be played deeper to have the biggest impact. Even under Emery Willock was borderline useless in the 10. But he'll conveniently forget that to make a point. Easy to say when you aren't back in the situation.

How dumb are you that you can’t read what was said and understand?

I said Willock is more of an advance 8 or a modern 10. Did you see where I said he should be played as a 10? No. What I said what that Arteta used him as a CM in his system which does not fit his attributes yet you ignore that like the little cretin you are. You are as stupid as they get on here. Don’t respond to my post anymore as I am tired of your stupidity.

Kav

Established Member

Reading comprehension is clearly something that you have failed at in life!

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Latest posts

Top Bottom