• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

shoot for the top

How many West Ham players make it into the same squads you're talking about? Very few if any. Maybe Rice. That would be it.

However they are within touching distance.

The whole squad thing is valid if you are beating the inferior teams and finishing 5/6/7 behind the better squads.

However you cannot tell me that this Arsenal squad is only good enough to take 1 point from Villa/Burnley and Wolves. How its only good enough to draw with Fulham. How it is inferior to Everton.

The squad may not be able to compete for the league. I won't argue with that. It may also come up short for top 4. But should it be on par with Leeds? Nope.
Why do you bother replying to the troll?

shoot for the top

Yes, but he managed, thats the point. Zaidan didn't do too well with the RM youth team, but he managed. Management is about carrying the sole responsibility. It's about managing personalities and knowing how to utilise tools, and yes failing. 9 years as manager, 13 as chief assistant winning a WC in the process, can anyone dare compare that to Arteta's 3 years as cone boy and Ipad handler?
Apparently our board thinks he was the best choice. We need to change the board and the manager at the same time.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Juventus sacking the rookie, so one of their greatest managers can return...

You telling me Big Wengz is coming home!? :thumbsup:
tenor.png

Olivier_Giroud

Dumb but not shocking coming from Arteta. It has been proven time and time again that he has a very limited intelligence and a very vile creature. Our club is in a turmoil. To turn it around is very complicated and difficult yet for some reason, the club hierarchy gave it to a creature that has no experience, very low IQ and an egomaniac. There is just nothing in Arteta to show that he can be a manager or coach let alone become a good one. He has broken losing records that has not been broken since the medieval times, and he has broken it in just one season. That goes to show that Arteta is not coach/manager material. Arteta cannot turn this around, let us accept it. He should be the last creature on Earth to be given that task. You could not ask for anyone worse to appoint as he could not even do the most basic required for his job which is to coach. Arteta simply has no redeeming qualities to justify why we should persist with him except that he is a warm body and still breathing. We could get a random person off the streets to coach us and the results will be the same or even better. We can let a chimpanzee manage us for the fun of it and without a doubt, the chimp will get better results.

Vicki

He is a NOVICE! It isn't completely his fault that is he still in the position. The board should have noticed the trend half a season ago with the stale football we play. We are performing worst than when Emery was here.
It was worth a punt, but the trend was obvious, even after our mini-revival
It's clear to everyone now, but the problem is that a sacking now won't help us get into a Final, let alone win it...just look at Tottenham!

End of the Season is decision time.
Win the EL and he gets another go.
Kroenke will splash the cash in the summer to get fans back on-side.
Then let's see where we are come November.
If there aren't massive improvements then he can go.

If we don't make the Final, or lose in the Final then you have to draw the line there.
New manager in - but probably less of a spend in the Summer because less money will be available, as we have to pay off Arteta and get a new trainer in, but even that will be acceptable to Kroenke, because they can get fans back on-side with talk of new managers, and ambition, and all that other bullshit

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳

One of the dumbest quote I've read from a manager. If you can even call him that at this point. Has he never heard that too many cooks spoil the broth?
Problem is he had to respond with a dumb quote given there was no reasonable reason to explain why we played without a striker

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I can't be arsed, managers of relegation threatened sides with zero transfer budgets wouldn't survive this kind of ****. :lol:

One of these bad runs is bad enough, but how can you have two absolutely horrendous runs in the same season and still be under zero pressure.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I can't be arsed, managers of relegation threatened sides with zero transfer budgets wouldn't survive this kind of ****. :lol:

One of these bad runs is bad enough, but how can you have two absolutely horrendous runs in the same season and still be under zero pressure.
He’d have been sacked at every other club in the world. He only needs £200m every summer to build his squad though. Then you can say he’s got his squad and can start to question him if things don’t improve.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

What the fk... Pep is not an anomaly... The guy the purest cheque book manager that has ever existed.

Always makes me chuckle when people consider him one of the greatest managers of all time.

This is just simply not true tho. Look at the starting eleven Barca had in his first season in the CL final.

450px-Barcelona_vs_Man_Utd_2009-05-27.svg.png

Only one of those players was bought by Pep and that was Pique who had done nothing at Man United and he was bought for just £4.5 million. They won 6 trophies that year, the greatest year in Barca's history and arguably the greatest year of any club side ever. To say he's always just been a cheque book manager is just completely untrue. Only other big money signing they made that had any real impact was Dani Alves who missed the final.

Even by the time 10/11 rolled around the brought in Villa to their starting eleven. Their only real big money addition to the starting eleven and would go on to win La Liga, CL, Super Cup, etc once again.

You can say he's spent quite a bit of money at Man City, fine, but to just completely dismiss everything else he's achieved as simply buying his way to success is just being dishonest to suite your narrative.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom