• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
We seem to be able to grind these results out when we play 3 at the back. Maybe Arteta should just bite the bullet and commit to that long term if he wants to get results. We'd need more mobility for counter attacks though.

Preacher

Always Crying
Auba should watch his back. Arteta will snake him soon. Probably already putting the blame on him why our attack and goal scoring record sucked all season while speaking with Josh privately.

Nice win. It always good to beat Chelsea but we won against Liverpool at the end of last season in similar fashion. It didnt help us to make any forward step in the upcoming season.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
At this stage, I don't know if Arteta is a mad/stupid Machievelli type or some sort of genius who just needs regular meds to control his sabotage and get us on the up again. I'm starting to think that sacking Edu would be better so that he's kept on a short leash and cuts out his dodgy selections etc. To do the double over two Chelsea managers and then serve up the rubbish vs Villareal, Burnley etc makes no sense.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
I saw enough tonight to say that the players are largely still well and truly behind Arteta. You don't put in a determined backs to the wall job like that if you're not invested. Lads ran themselves into the ground for that win.

Saying that I'm not going to read a lot into the win in terms of Arteta's performance. He's pretty frequently done well in the defensive master class type jobs against the better sides. It's one of his strengths to date so I'm not overly surprised we won.

Doing the double over Chelsea is nice though.
This was far from a defensive master class, it was a piss poor performance and pure luck, nothing else against a Chelsea-side not at full strength. Twice hit the bar, Havertz missing with the goal gaping and plenty of other big chances. We were very lucky, nothing more to say really. We`ve been unlucky a few times this season too so nice to finally have a lot of luck on our side though.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Win away to Chelsea in the league after 10 years
Double over Chelsea after 17 years (only 2nd time in the Roman era)
Mastermind Mikel 💉

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
if we win last 2 we might make it to Europa. But do we really want it? Yeah some youth might get a chance to play in the group stage but I want a reset and trim the squad as well.

Iceman10

Established Member
Looking at the PL table we could win out to the end of the season and still finish 9th? Forget 6th. I'm actually more concerned about avoiding ECL.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Great we won, still has to go.

He's done nothing to warrant being given money to bring in recruits.

His credit for the FA Cup has long gone. He's piss poor.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom