• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
People saying don't read much into essentially a dead rubber against Chelsea. I agree on that point.

Though if we had got battered it would have been a much more consequential result / match to a lot of people if we're being honest.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
now that is a stretch. We were just more **** than them. They didn't teach a lesson or anything.

This Chelsea win is not worth much but any win over Chelsea is something to be happy about.
I think a squad value that is probably worth and was built for less than what we paid for Pepe winning over 2 legs and limiting us to about 2 chances is taught a lesson. Considering we only scored by a dubious penalty says it all.

All these isolated wins that look good on paper but don't mean anything don't do anything anything me. The performance wasn't good. The style wasn't good. Apart from the result nothing was good about the match.

Similar to the City semi final it's a match we could play 10 times and probably lose 8 of them.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Don't get why even a slightly positive opinion on Arteta would be considered fickle by principle. If anything, in the past five months both our performances and results have been on the level of a team that would be expected to qualify for CL or at least seriously contend for the spot. Both the actual and underlying numbers support that.

It's ludicrous to think that next season is a write-off with him in charge. You can't be angry with a manager for not improving the state of things and then willingly ignore evidence indicating that. It's a different story if you place more importance on a knockout competition than league form.
We are 8th. Most likely finish 9th. I haven’t seen any improvement last few games. I’m judging him on the whole season. Most fans want him out and if you think he starts next season with clean slate, then you live in different world. It will be pressure from the start and toxic. Yesterday was the definition of lucky win

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Hope the spineless board put him out of his misery at the end of this season.

The media has been fawning over him all season. The minute he's getting anything resembling criticism after the shambolic way we got knocked out of Europe he's out there like a crybaby. If you don't like the pressure of managing a club of Arsenal's size, just **** off. Take your **** football with you too.

Iceman10

Established Member
Don't get why even a slightly positive opinion on Arteta would be considered fickle by principle. If anything, in the past five months both our performances and results have been on the level of a team that would be expected to qualify for CL or at least seriously contend for the spot. Both the actual and underlying numbers support that.

It's ludicrous to think that next season is a write-off with him in charge. You can't be angry with a manager for not improving the state of things and then willingly ignore evidence indicating that. It's a different story if you place more importance on a knockout competition than league form.
This idea of picking and choosing start points for taking slices of the season can work both ways. In looking at points since Boxing Day there was a run of five matches where our form was 2nd. Apart from Chelsea it included some bottom of the table teams. More importantly, after that run of five games the form is 8th, so you can see the improvement was not continuous on the up (or anything near CL qualification form). If you want to slice and dice the season then don't complain when others respond in kind. Most people of course operate on the premise of the table position over the season as a whole not lying.

Your confirmation bias is showing where you aren't even mentioning the exit against Villareal now, the main end product overall (with PL position) being next season will be the first since 1995/96 when we won't be having any EL or CL football.

D

Dial Square 1886

I'm just going to drop these here and watch it all go off.

Form table in the last 6.

Extending it out to last 12 games.

Now, since Xmas & the introduction of ESR for the Chelsea game.

:shivering:

Yes, it's funny how the facts do not actually suit the popular narrative at all.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son

At the end of the day, we have been hanging around mid table all season. Guess the form table doesn't have an explanation for that. I do - it's because we are ****. We win games against the relegation candidates yet get treated like one when we play a Liverpool or a Man City.

If Arteta's jammy football and his way of constantly fluking a result is deemed progress, we are in much much deeper **** than people realise.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Christmas was when we finally included a creative midfielder in the squad and also changed the formation to accommodate him, so not an arbitrary cutoff point. I know there’s no trophy for that I but it’s a tangible sign of progress. There’s another tweet which makes that even clearer, about us accumulating 14 points in the first 14 games we played without an attacking midfielder, and 41 from the 22 we’ve played since then at a rate of nearly 2 points per game.
Love how they wait for a fluke win that takes us from 5th in this table to 3rd to start pushing their agenda.

Most of the teams in there have played less games than us to. So shameless.

D

Dial Square 1886

That first table in there should not really be posted. Looks like we are only one of three teams in there who have played the six matches.

I was looking at the table since boxing day to be honest. Was quite surprised with what I saw!!

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Who’d have thought that? If you just pick and choose certain dates you can make Mikel look really good.

Just thought I’d drop that one bro.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Bro we want Ole to have 10 years
No we definitely don’t want United keeping a manager who is enabling the likes of Bruno, Rashford, Shaw and co to have the best seasons of their careers.

We definitely don’t want United keeping a manager who seems to comfortably get top four and are now trying to push on beyond that.

???

Goonger

At the end of the day, we have been hanging around mid table all season. Guess the form table doesn't have an explanation for that. I do - it's because we are ****. We win games against the relegation candidates yet get treated like one when we play a Liverpool or a Man City.

If Arteta's jammy football and his way of constantly fluking a result is deemed progress, we are in much much deeper **** than people realise.

Im not going to pretend everything is all rosey, it's far from that. We need big improvement, especially at home, I'm sick of seeing Arsenal 0 at home as much as anyone else is. Just pointing out some stats that you wouldn't think with the negativity just now.

At the end of the day, he's not getting sacked in the summer, so we might as well just see what they do in the window & see how they get on from there. Hopefully fans in the stadium will galvanise the home form a bit as well. One thing is for sure, he won't get away with it when fans are back in.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
I was Arteta in but precariously before last night but now I just don’t know. These games dont matter, at the very least they are a chance to reinforce a style of play but this prat will not stop tinkering. Sure a team in our position needs to rotate and I’m all for rotation but give the players some consistency in terms of their position when they do play. Bukayo saka inverted fb? Willian playing 10 on Sunday? Gabi at striker? Granit at fb? Wtf is he doing? Most of that **** didn’t even work in the short term but the long term is the worry. How are these players supposed to settle and form relationships? This is the finest generation of young players we’ve produced in decades and I’m scared of the system that’s handling them.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten
Top Bottom