• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
Not sure how close exactly Luiz and Willian are, assume they would be pretty tight. Maybe they end up going to the same MLS club, or something like that.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

In all seriousness, I think we might go for a CB like Vestergaard tbh.

Just saw his contract is up in 2022 too.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
How is still an unknown, he's playing football, you can watch him, you can turn on your telly at 8 o clock on Sunday and watch him play football.

There are even stats, if you want to look. He's not some mystery box.

With all due respect a lot of players have excelled in ligue 1 and been terrible elsewhere.

ScotsGooner89

I'm not sure why people like yourself are so sure that he is 1) an excellent CB or 2) showing anything in training to say he's worthy of a starting spot in the premier league.

"He must be better than Holding" I've seen people say, why? Things like this wind me up, he's still an unknown, yes he needs a chance but I doubt the clubs stance on Holding has changed from last year. The only reason he ended up staying was due to injuries.

You can see from attributes alone that he can be a top class centre back. Unless he is completely brain dead and uncoachable then his failure here will be down to Arteta’s management of him.

We as a club do not have the resources to ever spunk 30m on a player and not give them at least 5-10 chances to make it here. So far Arteta has given him a grand total of none.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You can see from attributes alone that he can be a top class centre back. Unless he is completely brain dead and uncoachable then his failure here will be down to Arteta’s management of him.

We as a club do not have the resources to ever spunk 30m on a player and not give them at least 5-10 chances to make it here. So far Arteta has given him a grand total of none.

Nobody knows if he will be good enough for the premier league. Fact, whenever I've seen him play he looks potentially clumsy as well.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Just seen Boateng mentioned on twitter

Oh man, it’s him isn’t it.
Can't be. He's still out with a broken ankle from this

giphy.gif

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Not saying he would be the best option but just a reminder that this is the same guy who started the CL final last year against mbappe and neymar

I wouldn't want Boateng personally but If we're judging players on getting made a fool of by Messi a lot of great defenders are clowns :lol:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think we've made some progress on the CB front, like we used to have 8 or 9 and now we have like 6? But still more numbers than proven quality. Spent money on Saliba and Gabriel who are future talents and need to be developed, but idk, it's just a bit of a mess, isn't it.

What you want is a set partnership, can't be chopping and changing every game like we were this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom