• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

shoot for the top

He then admitted that Allegri will probably have been the manager of Real Madrid now if he didn’t return to Juventus.

He told Il Bianconero via Football Italia: “The last year that he was at Juventus, Allegri said no to five big offers. Chelsea tried twice in the space of 15 days and he always rejected every proposal.

“Then Real Madrid contacted him more than once, while Arsenal, PSG and Manchester United also tried. This was all in the space of a year, but he always said no.

“I do think that if Juve hadn’t called, he would be in Madrid now, even though he wasn’t entirely convinced by the organisation there. Nobody is, really.”

He just didn't want to come here.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I'm not going to go deep about it on this forum anymore. But it is basically a long drawn out ploy from people who control the media to get Arsenal fans turning on the club.

In terms of AFTV and other online platforms negative influence, I totally agree it's so clear. They're really needs to be an alternative channel or site for smart Arsenal fans to speak the truth.

Today, I had to challenge that Curtis Shaw guy on YouTube because he was going on a huge rant about Arsenal missing out on Buendia for Aston Villa. Problem with his argument was, he had no facts and I called him out on it. More of this needs to continue, but on a bigger scale.

I'm not going to go deep about it on this forum anymore. But it is basically a long drawn out ploy from people who control the media to get Arsenal fans turning on the club.

In terms of AFTV and other online platforms negative influence, I totally agree it's so clear. They're really needs to be an alternative channel or site for smart Arsenal fans to speak the truth.

Today, I had to challenge that Curtis Shaw guy on YouTube because he was going on a huge rant about Arsenal missing out on Buendia for Aston Villa. Problem with his argument was, he had no facts and I called him out on it. More of this needs to continue, but on a bigger scale.
True Jay there definitely should be a platform on the internet for more thoughtful posters.
The reason i dont post on here more often is that
there are far too many who simply parrot the numpties.
Its pretty much a cliquey borefest persistently ranting about the manager or players. Very few new topics seem ever to get posted which offer interesting debate.
All i really see on here are threads about the manager, or players. As said no interesting questions or topics ever seem to be introduced to garner reasonable debate?

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
U probabIy say that as a pisstake?
However i will make an effort to answer that honestly with insight for you so perhaps you can appreciate although obviously not be happy with the reality.
Arteta overachieved this season, right?
Nah imho he slightly underachieved we perhaps should be 6th or 7th.

semi finals in europa was probably about right although very disappointing. We wouldve loved to get to the final & win the trophy obviously.
We have never won much in Europe though tbf.

Winning the FA Cup the year before overcoming billion spenders City & Chelski in the semi & final was over achieving though tbf.

We should be 6th next year imho.
Behind the top 4 & Sp**s who have finished above us consistently for 5 years now. Leicester are a very well run club (It has to be said we have been run poorly) with a well developed plan so should be competing as well so perhaps some & Leicester will say we should be behind them at the moment, so a fair argument for 7th? West Ham had a worldy last season so i would be very surprised if they finish above us again.

These are the simple facts of the EPL & where we stand at the moment in the pecking order. Many refuse to accept the reasons that we are now a 5th to 8th place club & why we are there. I dont like to accept it but its the truth.

Unfortunately there is no logic that says why we should be top 4 at the moment.

Last edited:

shoot for the top

Nah he

semi finals in europa was probably about right though but still wouldve loved to get to the final obviously.

Winning the FA Cup the year before overcoming billion spenders City & Chelski in the semi & Final was over achieving though tbf.

We should be 6th next year imho.
Behind the top 4 & Sp**s who have finished above us consistently for 5 years tbf. Leicester are a very well run club (we have been run poorly) with a well developed plan so should be competing as well so perhaps then we should be be 7th? West Ham had a worldy last season so i would be very surprised if they finish above us again.
These are the simple facts of the EPL & where we stand at the moment in the pecking order. Many refuse to accept the reasons that we are now a 5th to 8th place club & why we are there. I dont like to accept it but its the truth.
The truth is Arteta is lucky to have to this job. He is even luckier to keep this job after most people here admit that after the terrible run of results losing to Unai was the last straw.

Iceman10

Established Member
How did Manberg even get started on Arsène, anyway?

Is he just throwing a hissy fit, cause big Granit is getting thrown into the Italian bin?
I will always maintain that attacking Arsène is mainly for fans of other clubs. Some fans obviously wanted a change a few years back but we are past that now. Emery got 5th with an end of season collapse the season after Arsène left and at that point it was United and Chelsea in a worse position, but then the club f*cked up royally with the disconnect between Sanllehi and Emery's wants/needs.

A strong fan of a club should not be attacking club legends and icons. George Graham is another club legend, and I similarly only paint him in the best light now even though mid-90s are similar to current. All I'm saying is it really hurts to see needless attacking of Arsène, it is the kind of thing plastic fans would do, with no sense of club history and identity. We're a better club than that.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

It's because of Arsenal going from one of the best teams in the country to consecutive 8th place finishes. Add in the humiliating results over the years, some of the clown players and selling our best players all the time made Arsenal fans turn on the club. It's easy to blame the media or the fans or whatever but it's mainly because Arsenal aren't what they were after building this huge stadium and paying most money.

You guys who consider yourself smart are just the type to parrot whatever Arseblog or Gunnerblog say and think it makes you more enlightened because you get on your high horse about being positive and optimistic while we're dropping down and getting worse each season.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
It's because of Arsenal going from one of the best teams in the country to consecutive 8th place finishes. Add in the humiliating results over the years, some of the clown players and selling our best players all the time made Arsenal fans turn on the club. It's easy to blame the media or the fans or whatever but it's mainly because Arsenal aren't what they were after building this huge stadium and paying most money.

You guys who consider yourself smart are just the type to parrot whatever Arseblog or Gunnerblog say and think it makes you more enlightened because you get on your high horse about being positive and optimistic while we're dropping down and getting worse each season.
the only reason Liverpool have overtaken us as a club is because the fans were able to unite and drive the **** owners out.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The club (management) has invested the 5th most money in this squad. So there's your standard.

If you buy poorly or coach badly you'll finish below that. If you buy well and coach well, like Arsène did for years, you'll finish above that.

8th is pretty bad and shows there are problems. The only intelligent debate stems around 'having seen these rookies working for a year or so, do they show signs of making good decisions to give you a feeling they might improve'?

Personally, I've seen very little to give me any encouragement.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Liverpool owners went bankrupt and had to sell because they were broke, fans had nothing to do with it.
Still though, the Liverpool fans quickly realized where the rot was in their club.
They didn't protest against mediocre managers in Hodgson or Dalglish. They went against their joke owners: Hicks & Gillet.

Now compare that to our situation.
We had/still have equally inept, incompetent owners in Kroenke, but our fans were so easily manipulated by media and agenda merchants that they went full steam against our most decorated manager, a club legend.

Looking in hindsight, it defies belief.

kash2

Still though, the Liverpool fans quickly realized where the rot was in their club.
They didn't protest against mediocre managers in Hodgson or Dalglish. They went against their joke owners: Hicks & Gillet.

We had/still have equally inept, incompetent owners in Kroenke, but our fans were so easily manipulated by media and agenda merchants that they went full steam against our most decorated manager, a club legend.

If AFTV didnt get serious money from Kroenke...they sure are fools.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Many refuse to accept the reasons that we are now a 5th to 8th place club & why we are there. I dont like to accept it but its the truth.
The club has been on a downwards trajectory for some time now. It really started under Wenger and it isn’t until now I think things are being done to really rectify the issues. It will be a longer journey though. At least we are seeing some squad reshuffling with underachieving players leaving. Not sure that Arteta and Edu are up for the job, but I for one feel somewhat optimistic.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Don’t forget that Wenger had a lot of agency in all of this! Both in bringing Kroenke in and in how the club was run overall. Wenger also gave a lot of cover for poor decisions that might or might not have been his solely. That things got toxic at the end is also in large part on him.

ChefMan21

Reread the thread again, not really convinced yet that he needs to go. Players, coaching staff rate him highly; none are really saying that he's a nutter or that he's lost the dressing room. I don't want us to end up in a sack hire fire, sack hire fire, cycle either. I think there's much more to why we've declined over the last several years and I don't think scapegoating Arteta is the right approach, quite frankly - I certainly don't think we're consigned to being a mid-table club with him in charge. Willing to give him this season to see where we get to.

A-M meltdown in 3, 2...

kash2

Reread the thread again, not really convinced yet that he needs to go. Players, coaching staff rate him highly; none are really saying that he's a nutter or that he's lost the dressing room. I don't want us to end up in a sack hire fire, sack hire fire, cycle either. I think there's much more to why we've declined over the last several years and I don't think scapegoating Arteta is the right approach, quite frankly - I certainly don't think we're consigned to being a mid-table club with him in charge. Willing to give him this season to see where we get to.

A-M meltdown in 3, 2...
more than half the people have been let go. Only those remain who dont speak against him.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Don’t forget that Wenger had a lot of agency in all of this! Both in bringing Kroenke in and in how the club was run overall. Wenger also gave a lot of cover for poor decisions that might or might not have been his solely. That things got toxic at the end is also in large part on him.
Wrong!
Wenger wasn't a factor for bringing Kroenke. The A-M favorite Dein was the one who brought Kroenke and Usmanov. Wenger went beyond his duties in protecting the club from all sorts of attacks from media and the clueless gimps on Board as well as the cynical billionaires all happily hid behind his reputation.

What you might blame Wenger for was some failed signings, but even those are in question as there seems to have been a power struggle between Wenger observations and Gazidis forcing his authority through.

When things got too toxic all the blame was laid on Wenger, and as with any human the massive pressure campaign will eventually reach its climax and break you.

If you read Arsène's book you will understand how it emotionally broke him over the last 2 years.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.
Top Bottom