• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Spending too much money doesn't mean guarantee top 4 finish if Arteta keep being nerd. I like the young profile we targeting finally does seem there is an actual planning and not wait until late in window and start panic mode.

Lokonga Tavares and white are all names that have big potential and that promising

Kysus

With that side there's no excuses to not get into the top 4, especially with no European football.
That's the same team as last season but Neves/Maddison instead of Xhaka/Ødegaard.

Neves is only a tiny upgrade at best and even our club actually prefers Øde to Maddison.

Your Shtick last season
was "Players are at fault, give Arteta the player he needs"

Now you post a barely upgraded team and suddenly top4 becomes a must? What?

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I'd be happy with White, Lokonga and Tavares (providing we keep him away from Crufts). Ramsdale and Neves I don't think are upgrades on Leno and Xhaka however. If we do sign them though I'd be delighted to see them prove me wrong.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

In regards to the top 4 debate. Except for a complete FM window (think Haaland, Grealish, Rice AND Varane), we'll struggle to get top 4 even with 1 game per week. We're just too far behind in terms of squad. Of course we should aim for top 4 but realistically we'll need at least one but likely a couple of years as 5-6 first.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I know many don't but for me Neves is a huge upgrade on Xhaka, in fact I think he's tons better.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Both Tavares and Logonka bought for depth don't know why people think they'll start 30 games for us they won't start many games unless Tierney and Partey are seriously injured white bought to replace Luiz and improve the quality in defense.

We haven't started to buy starting players yet RB CM to replace xhaka and number 10 there still too much to be done

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
That's the same team as last season but Neves/Maddison instead of Xhaka/Ødegaard.

Neves is only a tiny upgrade at best and even our club actually prefers Øde to Maddison.

Your Shtick last season
was "Players are at fault, give Arteta the player he needs"

Now you post a barely upgraded team and suddenly top4 becomes a must? What?

What? Maddison is a mammoth upgrade on no AM, Neves is an upgrade on Xhaka, White is a huge upgrade on Holding and hopefully a new right back will be much better than Bellerin. That on top of backups being better than no left back at all and Ceballos/Elneny, means its significantly better than last season, surely you can see that?!

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The guys that say "we can't do this with those signings, these signings are so bad!!" do my head in, if you're gonna be chatting nonsense at least put up some alternatives that you think we should buy. I never see alternatives, just a load of noise.

Kysus

What? Maddison is a mammoth upgrade on no AM, Neves is an upgrade on Xhaka, White is a huge upgrade on Holding and hopefully a new right back will be much better than Bellerin. That on top of backups being better than no left back at all and Ceballos/Elneny, means its significantly better than last season, surely you can see that?!
Neves/Maddison/White/Logonka is not much of an upgrade on Xhaka/Ødegaard/Luiz/Ceballos right now, no.
It's a much younger core though which helps a lot down the line.

Kysus

The guys that say "we can't do this with those signings, these signings are so bad!!" do my head in, if you're gonna be chatting nonsense at least put up some alternatives that you think we should buy. I never see alternatives, just a load of noise.
We are not scouts, neither are you so we are all clueless about the who, let's be honest.

Going out spending 50mil on a CB shows ambition. Need to back that up by signing a top-class CM though and "too expensive" is no excuse as otherwise the money spent on the CB is foolish.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Neves/Maddison/White/Logonka is not much of an upgrade on Xhaka/Ødegaard/Luiz/Ceballos right now, no.
It's a much younger core though which helps a lot down the line.

Oh come on man.

Xhaka turns like a tank, is slow at actually passing the ball and makes mistakes. Neves doesn't make mistakes, he gives the ball quicker off both feet and might be slow in a straight line but he's way more agile than Xhaka, huge upgrade.

Maddison is a seasoned PL player who regularly gets 10 G/A + from midfield in the league. A huge upgrade on Ødegaard.

White will be replacing Holding, in that sense he is once again a massive upgrade, more so on the ball than defensively.

Lokonga's athleticism alone completely ruins Ceballos.

If you can't see these are big improvements then idk.

zilfy

Bissouma, buendia, onana and a quality cb like tapsoba or kounde take us up levels for around the same price (actually cheaper).

Buendia is already sold you say?
Yeah I know, to Aston ****ing villa for half the price of a weak minded, injury ravaged Madison. And you wonder why people are being negative?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Bissouma, buendia, onana and a quality cb like tapsoba or kounde take us up levels for around the same price (actually cheaper).

Buendia is already sold you say?
Yeah I know, to Aston ****ing villa for half the price of a weak minded, injury ravaged Madison. And you wonder why people are being negative?

Weak minded? He's literally the opposite. I don't get where this whole Bissouma and Partey CM takes us forward? Its so bloody defensive and in Lokonga you're getting a younger version of Bissouma.

Again, Tapsoba had a price tag of around 70M euro, unrealistic. Kounde is wanted by sides like Madrid, teams who are in Europe. Was never going to happen.

Its all well and good chucking these names out there, but you have to be realistic.

Why

Always Me ?
Getting QPR 2011 vibes from Arsenal at the moment.

Wonder if Loic Remy and Chis Samba are still available.

I honestly don't care if we buy White, if he comes and then we sign nobody and Arteta says "Significant outlay" and "Failed to offload some players" in the first press conference then I have a problem.

Iceman10

Established Member
I know many don't but for me Neves is a huge upgrade on Xhaka, in fact I think he's tons better.
Lokonga could be a cut price, younger, Neves. Some in here disagree but he has development potential to do pretty much everything Neves does. I'm not advocating it, but it could have been Lokonga vs.Neves, and Wolves getting too greedy with the price for Neves, will see.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Lokonga could be a cut price, younger, Neves. Some in here disagree but he has development potential to do pretty much everything Neves does. I'm not advocating it, but it could have been Lokonga vs.Neves, and Wolves getting too greedy with the price for Neves, will see.

I mean yeah maybe, but at the moment our partner for Partey is Elneny. I think we'll see movement when Xhaka is out, but it's not looking good atm. Neves is only 24, he could still come here and perform and be sold at a profit if Sambi developed into a top player.

35M for me isn't too much at all and I'm probably the only one on here who'd be happy with Neves. Aoaur and Bissouma are available as well, be happy with either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom