• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
You're on the wind up init? tell the truth.

That's my aim as a fan right now, but the ones in control of how well we do (players/coach) should never rule out finishing higher than expected.

It's not like Arteta and the players are gonna see that and think "well 4th is definitely off the table lads, Riou has already said so" ...we could get Champions League, I just don't expect us.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Gordon Ramsay Crying GIF by Gordon Ramsay's 24 Hours to Hell and Back

Riou

@Troopz was calling out Arsène everyday, for years on AFTV...he's one of the main reasons we are in this mess in the first place.

Don't you be blaming it on me, Fam!

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

He boasted he’d win the champions league in 3 seasons. So far we haven’t even made the Europa Conference. He’ll need every penny of that £250m.
:lol:

One likkle FA Cup really had man gassing, and he doesn't even make Europe in his next full season, you can't make this sh!t up.

On top of that we've basically given this g!mp the keys to the kingdom wrt to a seemingly massive summer budget. God have mercy on our souls.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

@Troopz was calling out Arsène everyday, for years on AFTV...he's one of the main reasons we are in this mess in the first place.

Don't you be blaming it on me, Fam!

Thank me later bruhhhh.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Thank me later bruhhhh.

Respect for the honesty and I feel the same way (even though I do feel it was the right time for him to go; I admit I took what he did completely for granted).

But you know certain man would've been twisting left and right to try and make it seem like they never wanted Wenger out.

We all know @Makingtrax was the one true Wenger don, a few others but that's it.

Anyway, it's the same story with Arteta, if we play mad football (in a good way) this coming season and he gets like 2nd/3rd I'll admit I was wrong (even though I don't think I'll ever really come to peace with the way he's treated certain players).

And it's not that I don't want Arteta to succeed; I just wholeheartedly believe (given what he's shown already) that he simply does not have the capability to do it.

Riou

@dka91

I respect your last post on Arteta, but don't be playing down the FA Cup just because you don't like him.

It's no Premier League or Champions League, but it's a great trophy to win, it's basically Arsène's Cup too.

Riou

Arsenal fans (before the 2010s at least) have been very lucky, we have won 13 league titles in our history (3rd highest amount in the country) so we are a super successful club...but think of any Arsenal fan who started supporting us during the Kroenke era, just got worse and worse really from what we used to be...only finished 2nd once, and even that actually led to our decline if anything :lol:

You shouldn't take any trophy for granted (as there is a good chance it may take a VERY long time before we win another league championship) this isn't even me talking about the Community Shield (can understand why people don't care about that) but the FA Cup is the second biggest trophy in this country, it's the first trophy I ever saw Arsenal win as a fan, good chance it was yours as a fan too.

Look at Sp**s, how the **** can you have a "golden era" and not qualify for at least 1 Community Shield game...now they are back to being nothing again, with a grand total of 0 cups in recent years!

Just be thankful we are winning some kind of major honour, even when at our lowest...could be much worse.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The club want CL money ASAP, Arteta already has 2 8 place finishes, has missed out on European football etc, he can’t have another season not competing for CL.

Our squad and team isn’t top 4, but they are good to be in a fight for it, just like Leicester this season.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It always surprises me that part of the fanbase are not content with having run our most successful manager through all times out of the club. They want to give it another go. Once you get a taste for that, when will it end?

Wenger once said something like that a club functions best when people do their job, and not the job of everyone else. People should heed that message. Our motto goes along the same lines, victory through harmony.

I stick to the 'Arsenal manager in' as long as he has the dressing room. Arteta seems to have that.

What troubles me the most is the extreme personalisation this has taken. Invectives such as 'low IQ', 'toxic personality' etc etc. By all means, argue that the manager isn't good enough, but low grade rhetoric like that is embarrassing at best, and reflects poorly on the poster.

At the end of the day, if the Arsenal manager, whomever he/she might be, succeeds, the club succeeds. Isn't that what we want?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Again, trying to be the bully, just stop it.
Stfu.

Anyway, we all want Arteta to succeed as that would mean our team is giving us something to enjoy. That said, this is Arsenal and he’s been here for 18 months, going into his second full season etc, with backing from the owners it seems, so the bar by some shouldn’t be set low. Compete for top 4 or you’re out.

Can’t be having that “oh we finished 7th, that’s an improvement” BS that @Riou is trying to feed us.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Stfu.

Anyway, we all want Arteta to succeed as that would mean our team is giving us something to enjoy. That said, this is Arsenal and he’s been here for 18 months, going into his second full season etc, with backing from the owners it seems, so the bar by some shouldn’t be set low. Compete for top 4 or you’re out.

Can’t be having that “oh we finished 7th, that’s an improvement” BS that @Riou is trying to feed us.

?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Play decent football and compete for top four, that's all we ask. But Some on here think we have to spend the budget of small country before we can play decent football. I want Arteta to succeed, I really do. But we all know how this is going to end. It's going to end with Arteta getting the sack which means we'd have wasted another season and taking us further backwards. I don't like this mentality of back the manager even if we're midtable. I didn't see see this level of support for our previous managers.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom