• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Thats me assuming we go for someone other than Ramsdale due to excessive cost.

Also found this -

Backs my thesis massively.

Underlying metrics tell a different story. We were still overperforming a number of metrics like we were with Emery and it could once more catch up to us.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I said a few days ago I could see them go for Abraham instead of signing a 10. I still think that’s an option they might take, especially if the numbers (money) work out. Auba can play on the left a bit more, ESR and Saka can cover in the advanced midfield role, Abraham adds a different dimension to the attack.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I said a few days ago I could see them go for Abraham instead of signing a 10. I still think that’s an option they might take, especially if the numbers (money) work out. Auba can play on the left a bit more, ESR and Saka can cover in the advanced midfield role, Abraham adds a different dimension to the attack.

We won't sign a striker unless lacazette leaves.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We won't sign a striker unless lacazette leaves.
Part of the reason why people respond a certain way is how you word your statements.

'We wont sign a striker unless Lacazette leaves' you literally have no idea whether that is the case, just like most of the statements you throw out there regarding transfers.

Why not say,
' I don't think we will sign a striker unless Lacazette leaves'. Then you have voiced your opinion, and not stamped over someone else's, which leads to a healthy debate. Rather than telling people they are wrong, inciting pointless back and forth arguments.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Yes its a possibility, i don't like it myself, i don't like the balance.

A 3 of Auba, ESR and Saka/Pepe behind the striker just doesn't have enough creativity for me.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Part of the reason why people respond a certain way is how you word your statements.

'We wont sign a striker unless Lacazette leaves' you literally have no idea whether that is the case, just like most of the statements you throw out there regarding transfers.

Why not say,
' I don't think we will sign a striker unless Lacazette leaves'. Then you have voiced your opinion, and not stamped over someone else's, which leads to a healthy debate. Rather than telling people they are wrong, inciting pointless back and forth arguments.

Because the Athletic literally posted an article earlier saying Tammy arriving is based on Lacazette and Nketiah leaving.

Its also fairly simple logic. Why would you sign a striker whilst having 4 at the club already, same with the right back situation. I can word things in whatever way and still get pelters on here, but the above is quite literally just simple logic that everyone should be using.

We will not sign a striker unless Lacazette leaves.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Because the Athletic literally posted an article earlier saying Tammy arriving is based on Lacazette and Nketiah leaving.

Its also fairly simple logic. Why would you sign a striker whilst having 4 at the club already, same with the right back situation. I can word things in whatever way and still get pelters on here, but the above is quite literally just simple logic that everyone should be using.

Mate it was fairly simple logic and you were certain that we were not giving ESR the number 10 because of Maddison not 3 hours ago. Playmaker has a point.

You treat your theories as consumate facts and if you worded it for what it is - your take/opinion/guess - people would get off your back a bit more.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

No, the article speculated that they both might need to leave because of the financial Implications of any deal and squad space. They didn’t talk in absolutes.

To mitigate against the substantial cost, Arsenal’s preference would be to strike a loan deal, although Chelsea are understood to be keen to extract a fee of around £40 million. Any move for Abraham is likely, therefore, to be dependent on outgoings.

For Arsenal to bring in a new No 9, the likelihood is that Lacazette would also need to leave.

If Balogun went on loan you’re left with two strikers and a maybe striker in Martinelli. If Lacazette or Auba get injured you’re not left with much in reserve. If Chelsea agreed to a loan with an option/obligation deal why would the club turn that down if they see Abraham as a long term option?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Mate it was fairly simple logic and you were certain that we were not giving ESR the number 10 because of Maddison not 3 hours ago. Playmaker has a point.

You treat your theories as consumate facts and if you worded it for what it is - your take/opinion/guess - people would get off your back a bit more.

Some things like the striker are just so obvious they shouldn't need explanation.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Thats me assuming we go for someone other than Ramsdale due to excessive cost.

Also found this -

Backs my thesis massively.
Team plays better with their best players, who would have thought it?

You're right about not signing a striker if Lacazette is still here it's pretty obvious. Don't let people tell you how to speak.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Looks like a good suggestion by Wrighty. Only 23 and he got 18 goals last season.

Joga Bonito.

Jack_The_Lad

Looks like a good suggestion by Wrighty. Only 23 and he got 18 goals last season.

Joga Bonito.
Looked very raw at times last season, albeit playing in the worst basel side in my lifetime. Was isolated loads as a consequence. Maybe this season he'll have better support. It'll be interesting to see how he kicks on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom