• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

picsou

isn't ESR injury prone ? feel like he will be injured most of the time, bit like Tierney, so we definitely need someone else than him as attacking mid

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
isn't ESR injury prone ? feel like he will be injured most of the time, bit like Tierney, so we definitely need someone else than him as attacking mid

A bit, he had to be managed very carefully when he was on loan to Huddersfield. Credit to both Huddersfield and the club there in making that a successful loan with no major hiccups.

He came back and was injured a bit, shoulder I think? Also some other niggles.

Defo needs to be kept an eye on so that this doesn't turn into another Wilshere-like situation.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Most of us believed Saliba would be given a chance. We were obviously wrong on that front.

Even so you can't really replace Luiz with Saliba. I feel like initially it was a why are we going for a RCB. But then once you think about it, it does make sense.

However with striker at this moment in time we can safely say there will be no movement until at least two are gone.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Willian is still here so this transfer window is still rubbish because we know if he stays he plays. Also, we're fvcked if Roma pull out of the Xhaka negotiations.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Gotta agree with HSG here... Surely, surely we don't add a £40m striker without one of Auba or Laca leaving first?

If anyone disagrees then put your money where your mouth is - we'll have a bet and the loser has to change their avatar to Barry Redknapp for a month.

Who's in?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Looks like a good suggestion by Wrighty. Only 23 and he got 18 goals last season.

Joga Bonito.
He has been mentioned before. Weird thing about Abraham is that he isn't what people think he is. The whole modern striker who runs in behind and drops deep to link play while also holding the ball up in the air. He is more of a poacher who is good in the air. Yet I don't actually believe he attacks the box very well. Most of his goals come with the ball falling to him in the right place, so he has periods where he doesn't score for a while.

There are players who are around the same age and are more complete who would cost a little less and have a higher ceiling.

Cabral is one of them, but also someone like Dolberg. I don't know. I am not really convinced by Tammy.

Goonger

He's different gravy. Was extremely impressive in the u23 game against us. Big fan of BNC in our academy but after losing Oyegoke and seemingly no other RB links, this I can get behind.

A move I could get behind, meant to be a really good prospect just ready for a breakout year.

Think he is pretty close to a deal with Brighton unfortunately. They'll have this guy & Lamptey for the right wing back spot. You actually could envisage a much clearer path to the first team with us before Brighton!

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Did you not say we have no money, & we won't be signing anyone to compete with ESR?! :lol:

Pretty much said ESR's contract tells us we won't sign Maddison, I think once Xhaka and Bellerin leave we'll replace them.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We should keep Willock, get a RB and DLM, and that would be enough, for me.

Agreed.

We definitely need to keep Willock, or at worst loan him out for some more experience. My main thinking is beyond Arteta and Edu, and the importance of getting the best out of our talented youngsters.

Could you imagine Willock, Nelson, Saka, ESR, Martinelli, Lokonga, Tierney, Gabriel, Saliba, Balogun, Pepe and even Guendouzi under someone like Ten Hag?

Last edited:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Players on their last year:
Lacazette
El Neny
Kolasniac
Chambers
Nketiah

Players on their last 2 years:
Willian
Auba
Leno
Xhaka
Torreira
AMN
Willock
Nelson

Is it impossible to sell these guys? We should surely be able to recoup some money for a majority of them even in this Covid market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season
Top Bottom