• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

@Rasmi this stuff, for example. you can get a feeling that he is all about dribbling, which is not the case in the rl as we all know how many times he trips on the ball

MikeVinna

Established Member
GK: Leno, Ramsdale?

LCB: Gabriel, Mari

RCB: White, Holdini

LB: Tierney, Tavares

RB: Chambers, Cedric

CDM: Partey, Lokonga

CM: Aouar?, Elneny

CAM: Smith-Rowe, Willock

LM: Saka, Martinelli

RM: Pepe, Willian/Nelson

ST: Aubameyang, Laca/Abraham, Balogun

Think this is very close to the squad we’ll have this season. Aouar could be anyone else and the player we sign for that position will determine how good of a window we had.

Defense will be slightly better with White and no Bellerin. Midfield should improve if we properly replace Xhaka. Attack is essentially unchanged.

Don’t think this adds enough quality for top 4.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

Think this is very close to the squad we’ll have this season. Aouar could be anyone else and the player we sign for that position will determine how good of a window we had.

Defense will be slightly better with White and no Bellerin. Midfield should improve if we properly replace Xhaka. Attack is essentially unchanged.

It's probably top 6 but Arteta has the talent to make it 8th or lower. RB situation is really poor, I honestly believe it should take priority over CM. Even if we drop Willock to CM it should still be better than having Bellerin, Cedric and Chambers on the RB

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Willock won't be here.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Bellerin goes, right back signed.
Xhaka goes, CM signed.
Laca goes, striker signed.
Attacking mid signed.
Ramsdale signed.

That is what we will get now. Along with sales of Willock, AMN and Nketiah. Could potentially see Chambers or Holding going as well once a right back is signed. No idea what's happening with Torreira.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Xhaka goes, CM signed.
Attacking mid signed.
Ramsdale signed.

That is what we will get now. Along with sales of Willock, AMN and Nketiah. Could potentially see Chambers or Holding going as well once a right back is signed. No idea what's happening with Torreira.
With 5 weeks to go? I'm happy to wait, just can't see it

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
With 5 weeks to go? I'm happy to wait, just can't see it

I think the CM to replace Xhaka is probably already lined up and ready. Ramsdale we've been bidding for so that's a fairly quick and easy one as well. AM is still looking like its Maddison, feel like that's a last week of the window thing if ever i've seen one. Can see the right back dragging until deadline day as well...

I can't personally see the striker happening, think Laca stays but if we genuinely want Tammy to replace him a loan with option/obligation will be a fairly easy deal to do.

I think everything is in the pipeline to be done once dominos fall, so things will happen fast but yeah. You're right, its a hell of a lot to do in 5 weeks.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Xhaka goes, CM signed.
Attacking mid signed.
Ramsdale signed.

I'm less confident to be honest.

Bellerin goes, Chambers takes the number 2 spot. Cedric as Back up and White as an emergency.

We can't avoid signing a cm with the losses of Guendouzi, Torreria and Xhaka.

I'd love a shiny new attacking player, but it's more likely Farteta puts more faith in ESR and Pepe this season. Plus, we have no Europe. Martinelli should play more also.

We have to buy a GK, but God forbid it be Ramsdale.

Laca will probably stay.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Got a feeling we'll be getting rid of a few players for a pittance towards the end of the window or maybe even loans in some cases . Seems like continental clubs are hanging around waiting for us to get desperate to sell.

Even with a fairly decent player like Laca, his wage demands are going to eat into the fee we could potentially receive, same with Hector. We'll probably end up getting about £10m for each of them if they do leave this window.

The likes of Torreira I've totally given up on us recouping a penny in fees from. If we can move him on without having to pay up the majority of his contract I'll consider that a success.

The younger English lads like AMN and Eddie we could probably still pick up a fairly decent fee for given they'll probably be PL clubs interested in them. Reiss probably to a lesser extent.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I'm less confident to be honest.

Bellerin goes, Chambers takes the number 2 spot. Cedric as Back up and White as an emergency.

We can't avoid signing a cm with the losses of Guendouzi, Torreria and Xhaka.

I'd love a shiny new attacking player, but it's more likely Farteta puts more faith in ESR and Pepe this season. Plus, we have no Europe. Martinelli should play more also.

We have to buy a GK, but God forbid it be Ramsdale.

Laca will probably stay.

Was thinking about that as the right back scenario and it didn't thrill me but I'm fairly happy with Chambers. I don't think he's anything special but I also don't think he's done badly when he's played. I don't see any obvious right back signings as things stand, so maybe its worth waiting until next summer to see what the market has to offer. If there's nobody significantly better than Chambers available there's no point because as you say Cedric is there as well.

Yes even numbers wise we'll be looking to sign a CM, that's a certainty if Xhaka goes.

In terms of the attacker its a difficult one. Pepe and Saka will be our wingers imo, Martinelli as backup. ESR is the AM, Willian will be difficult to shift and will get minutes as well. So that's 5 players for 3 positions but I still don't think you can go into a full season with just ESR as the main AM. It takes one bad injury to Saka, Pepe or ESR and we are pretty screwed. So I do think we'll sign a player for the forward line. We need more of a guaranteed quality player in there though, not another young guy, not another Willian. A Grealish, ideally. Second option Maddison.

Ramsdale obviously looking like something that'll happen as well, too expensive but it is what it is.

I'm still confident, I think things will happen fairly quick and come out the blue. Xhaka should be done this week (Say this every week) which will snowball into us getting our new CM. I think it'll end up being Neves tbh.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
It's actually amazing given how bad he is at general play and dribbling that he has a video like this.

Luckily we have Saka who will make Pepe irrelevant next season.
Saka can't make him irrelevant becuse he will never have his numbers. The two need to play together, something Arteta realized later in the season. Buying someone who can give you 15 goals a season from the wing would cost a fortune. I'm not surprised by the video, he tries stuff every time he gets on the ball, so of course, there's gonna be a lot of cool moves for youtube but it's also gonna be a lot of failed stuff that pisses you off

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Was thinking about that as the right back scenario and it didn't thrill me but I'm fairly happy with Chambers. I don't think he's anything special but I also don't think he's done badly when he's played.
He was definitely OK, has that good football understanding and potential to create some chances. It's just hard to see him going up and down at pace. I think we would need to play high line to keep him closer, but there is a concern that he could be targeted on the counter by other teams.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He was definitely OK, has that good football understanding and potential to create some chances. It's just hard to see him going up and down at pace. I think we would need to play high line to keep him closer, but there is a concern that he could be targeted on the counter by other teams.
If he had the pace of AMN, he'd have been an elite RB. His decision is on another level to our other RB. He's underrated on the ball too. But he could easily be caught out on the counter.

bonzka

Just get Aouar and Bissouma.

ESR Auba Saka

Aouar Partey
Bissouma

Let Saka, Pepe, ESR all rotate, not as much pressure on Saka as well to carry the team and with Aouar you have so many options.
Really does make a lot of sense. I’m in

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids

Player:White
Martinelli is the best LW in the team, Willian is the best RW. You can play Saka or Pepe there, all this results in worse team performances though (yes I also don't trust in the narrative of Arsenal being carried by Saka in the first half of the season, at least if carried means to carry to almost relegation positions).

The optimum team is these two brazilian in each side and ESR in the middle with either Laca or Auba upfront, I would say even Laca (but the difference is minimum imo). Now, Saka is better than Pepe imo.

Arsenal needs a CM first now, then the RB, GK and then one CAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 4

Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow could be acquired for little over €10m [The Athletic]

Other clubs believe Arsenal are in position to sign Benjamin Šeško [The Athletic]

Arsenal are not expected to pursue their interest in Bruno Guimaraes due to his £100m asking price [The Athletic]

Martin Zubimendi and Joao Neves are under consideration as potential signings in midfield [The Athletic]

Arsenal want £30m to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with several Premier League clubs interested [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom