• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerShy

At the end of last season I wanted to see us invest heavily in the midfield, integrate Saliba and get our key business done early to give Arteta a preseason to work with them.

I'm looking forward to the window closing to assess it properly. Currently underwhelmed

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Helmet
Bellerin Mustafi Kos Monreal
Ramsey Xhaka
Mikhi Özil Auba
Laca​

£450m later and the mess left by Wenger finally cleaned up...
I saw this and I think this is not a bad line up you know. New right back, new midfield, new centre back, new striker, and new Keeper.

l_4717.jpg

Last edited:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Doesn’t look lost here
ecen xhaka and bellerin can be made to look great on youtube. I just dont get how Norwich who were hopeless in the PL and couldnt defend had 3 highly rated defenders in Godfrey, lewis and aarons. If they were not young english players would they be as highly rated? Yes lewis plays for N Ireland, but he is born and breed in england. The first 2 went for 25 and 15 million. I wouldnt say Godfrey at 25 million was good signing. he is an ok player, Lewis is average for newcastle. Aarons looks another quick player who cant really defend. a young Bellerin, but more limited on the ball. Yes I know people have short memories, but young bellerin was someone people thought was going to be world class

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
ecen xhaka and bellerin can be made to look great on youtube. I just dont get how Norwich who were hopeless in the PL and couldnt defend had 3 highly rated defenders in Godfrey, lewis and aarons. If they were not young english players would they be as highly rated? Yes lewis plays for N Ireland, but he is born and breed in england. The first 2 went for 25 and 15 million. I wouldnt say Godfrey at 25 million was good signing. he is an ok player, Lewis is average for newcastle. Aarons looks another quick player who cant really defend. a young Bellerin, but more limited on the ball. Yes I know people have short memories, but young bellerin was someone people thought was going to be world class

You can't be more limited on the ball than Bellerin it's impossible.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I'm more concerned at this point with players leaving. Willock, Xhaka, Bellerin, Nelson, Nketiah, AMN, Laca, Leno, Kola all need permanent moves and nothing was done so far. Massive failure if end up loaning them out over the last few days of this transfer window, and even worse if we keep any of them here.

Game Over

I'm more concerned at this point with players leaving. Willock, Xhaka, Bellerin, Nelson, Nketiah, AMN, Laca, Leno, Kola all need permanent moves and nothing was done so far. Massive failure if end up loaning them out over the last few days of this transfer window, and even worse if we keep any of them here.

I think we all need to be prepared to be underwhelmed. No way can the our inexperienced duo turn over that number of players both in and out in such a short amount of time.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Seriously. I get that one might want to upgrade on bellerin, but he's nowhere near as bad as people on here make him out to be.
He is actually worse than what people think about him here but still has some credit from the past as he was a good RB for a couple of seasons. That youtube clip is a joke, even on "highlights" he was barely able to save the ball on many occasions, and of course, that clip wouldn't show how many times he gave the ball aways for free. That's the first youtube video I've seen where the guy is fighting to survive with the ball at his feet instead of being a threat

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Seriously. I get that one might want to upgrade on bellerin, but he's nowhere near as bad as people on here make him out to be.
rarely do we upgrade, thats the sad part and why we have been on slide year in year our for the last 8-9 years. So going by our record. There is no reason to believe this aaron guy is any better than bellerin. And bellerin is also homegrown. I just dont get why we are going overboard with young players. Lokonga, White and Tavares are all very young. we need to find some sort of balance and need more players in the 25-28 range

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He is actually worse than what people think about him here but still has some credit from the past as he was a good RB for a couple of seasons. That youtube clip is a joke, even on "highlights" he was barely able to save the ball on many occasions, and of course, that clip wouldn't show how many times he gave the ball aways for free. That's the first youtube video I've seen where the guy is fighting to survive with the ball at his feet instead of being a threat
point is I can show you xhaka youtube video and he looks class. every player look class on youtube

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
point is I can show you xhaka youtube video and he looks class. every player look class on youtube
Agree with that. They are still fine when you see a player for the first time just to get an idea of who he is, but when you look at Xhaka and Bellerin, you definitely don't need a video to know how bad they were for us over the years

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Agree with that. They are still fine when you see a player for the first time just to get an idea of who he is, but when you look at Xhaka and Bellerin, you definitely don't need a video to know how bad they were for us over the years
true, but I seen people in here use youtube to defend our players...like pepe lol

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
true, but I seen people in here use youtube to defend our players...like pepe lol
I'm a Pepe fan, would never use a video to show what he can do. I'm completely aware that he loses the ball like an idiot far too often but highlights would only end up having his best goals and staff that actually worked for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom