• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

Trill

Not Trilly
Tbf the “little boy” comment wasn’t actually about us. It was him talking about the choice between Utd and City which makes sense when you factor in the two clubs’ history.

Huh, fair enough. I'd choose United over City as well (if I wasn't a gooner of course) I ****ing despise clubs like City. When they win the title it might as well have been voided for a year for me. Feel nothing but indifference. Boring.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If we missed out on Champions League at any point from 2006/2007-2010/2011, we could have been in serious trouble as a club finance wise...the Cesc era wasn't fruitful in terms of trophies, but it was important to stop us maybe doing a Leeds.
That was ALL Wenger though.

Özil won 4 trophies here btw, had potential title winning seasons. Nobody cares about Cesc.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If you wanted to win the title you went United, I wasn’t that cut up about it myself.

mirrorstare

least with Nasri we got some world class seasons while he was here and sold him for a profit in a short amount of time.

RvP and Cesc basically forced a low transfer fee because of their behavior. We got ripped off with those deals.
24M for a crock on his last year of contract was a solid deal at the time tbh

The Cesc one was a disgrace, it could have easily been the transfer that allowed Wenger to build a side similar to what Klopp did after Coutinho, but I won't ever blame Wenger for respecting the wishes of a player that wants out of here. Anyone who has been a disgruntled employee at some point should be able to sympathize at some level.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
24M for a crock on his last year of contract was a solid deal at the time tbh

The Cesc one was a disgrace, it could have easily been the transfer that allowed Wenger to build a side similar to what Klopp did after Coutinho, but I won't ever blame Wenger for respecting the wishes of a player that wants out of here. Anyone who has been a disgruntled employee at some point should be able to sympathize at some level.
Counter argument. Selling Fabregas was bad for all parties. He wasn’t a la liga player then he was premiership built and couldn’t adapt to their style of play.
If he had to go then he should have gone to Real Madrid.

Ironicially he became the player Barcelona needed at Chelsea.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
My unpopular opinion is that RVP did nothing wrong.

Carried an absolute garbage tier side to a top four place and then went and won his PL title as a main man.

Never lied to the fanbase and was honest in what he wanted. Cesc is **** though. Drove down his price and went to a F1 race rather than train.
They are both ****. He could have won that title at city. He could have won it at juventus or at Bayern on a free. They didn’t have lewandowski at that time.

We carried him through all his injury prone seasons when a serious club would have Louis Saha’d his ass and brought in a proper striker. We let Torres, david villa, pato (I know how he turned out) and a whole host of promising strikers pass us by because we had rvp. Then he gives us one injury free zone and that gives him the right to go to man utd?

I dislike him more than I do Adebayor.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
That was ALL Wenger though.

Özil won 4 trophies here btw, had potential title winning seasons. Nobody cares about Cesc.
Mustafi won trophies too. Good player?
Fabregas performance was always great on the pitch. Özil was inconsistent as fxxk.

Özil is an efficient player who prefers direct play, he doesn’t help the team much in the build up. That’s why our team had so little control/possession/chance created/goals. How we won trophies had nothing to do with Özil. We would win with or without him.

Last edited:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
If we missed out on Champions League at any point from 2006/2007-2010/2011, we could have been in serious trouble as a club finance wise...the Cesc era wasn't fruitful in terms of trophies, but it was important to stop us maybe doing a Leeds.
I don’t get why we even built it if it was gonna make us go bankrupt. We built a stadium we couldn’t afford it seems in hindsight.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

You tried drinking hot milk before bed, switching off all the lights, having a cool room, getting in bed and reading a bunch of @Riou posts? You’ll be knocked out in minutes.
I don't know about the hot milk piece but I can confirm this works for me otherwise.

Jack Circus

People like to think the club's decline was because of the influx of oil money from Chelsea and City, but mostly it was just a natural loss of competitive advantage. After Wenger's arrival the club had a competitive advantage in terms of sports science and especially in recruitment, they had knowledge of a market other clubs in the PL didn't. That was never going to last forever. To have a decade of success as a result of that initial advantage was great and fans shouldn't complain too much about it coming to an eventual end. Football works in cycles.

Fans also love to complain about poor scouting, and in some cases the club missed obvious opportunities (Kante), but scouting is ridiculously difficult nowadays. Every club knows every player in every league. Even the smart clubs like Brentford or Leicester will soon lose their advantage. There are PL clubs with Phd holders working for their data analysis departments. People moan about xG in football, it's hilarious, xG is kiddy stuff compared to what professionals in the industry are developing.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
They are both ****. He could have won that title at city. He could have won it at juventus or at Bayern on a free. They didn’t have lewandowski at that time.

We carried him through all his injury prone seasons when a serious club would have Louis Saha’d his ass and brought in a proper striker. We let Torres, david villa, pato (I know how he turned out) and a whole host of promising strikers pass us by because we had rvp. Then he gives us one injury free zone and that gives him the right to go to man utd?

I dislike him more than I do Adebayor.
Agree on RvP but I don't dislike Cesc despite the lack of trophies in his time.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Who should be the standard bearers of the Emirates era...

Fabregas and Van Persie, who were the better players.

Sanchez and Özil, who were the more successful players.

...should be the latter, right?
****s to a man compared to Cazorla.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final

Latest posts

Top Bottom