• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Currently the gap from top 4 to 5th looks humongous, don’t think it’s ever been this wide.
League's getting harder for Mikel, certainly.

See Potter's in the top 4 with 12 points, scoring nearly 4 times as many goals as us. Made short work of Leicester and put 2 past Burnley at their ground from open play, no less.

Artemis

It still is. Over here in West Africa for example, you hardly see Liverpool, man City, barca, or Madrid jersey. Every where you go, you only see Arsenal or Man utd Jersey. It is arguably the most supported club over here.

I dont know about Europe or asia though.
And this is exactly why the Kroenke family bought Arsenal. They literally said it. They loved the fact that Arsenal had a huge brand and a global fanbase who cheers for the team come rain or shine.

They wanted a famous brand they can depend on to deliver returns, the fact that it so happened to be a football club in London is just a coincidence.

What's important for them is a brand that continues to be supported with undying loyalty as the club slides down the table into mediocrity.

For how long do these imbeciles think Arsenal will remain a huge brand with losses to the likes of Brentford and no hope for Champions League football?

Are they that stupid that they believe the club will forever retain its value even after turning into cannon fodder for other League teams?

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
That's the annoying thing. If we were going to spend 150m, why didn't we give it to Conte?
Conte would atleast get us on par with teams like man utd with funds like that but we have it to a novice in charge who somehow convinced the fans that we have a youth project despite shelling out 150m on signings ffs
I agree with this.

Our owners should have had the alarm bells blaring across them when he was knocked out by Emery in the semi and then finish outside of Europe with arguably the worst season in over 2 decades.

Why did they trust him with another transfer season?
By the time they realize that it isn't working, it will already be too late because that's another season wasted and 150M spent on average players with ridiculously high transfer fees.

@field442 made a good point about how this sudden switch of strategy from signing experienced in last summer to signing young players this summer, it may all have been engineered by Arteta.
It buys him more time as he would have the reasons that these young players we signed now are here for the future and they need time. Going by the PR puff pieces in Athletic and the interviews of Arteta/Edu it certainly seems to be the case.

AmsterdamGunner

Looking back to the last 20 or 30 years, would you rather have 4 more leagues titles or the legacy of an entertaining attacking team?

I rather have the second. The games, attacks and goals in the 90’s and 00’s were so amazing sometimes, the brilliance of some players. Everybody around the world was talking about the Arsenal games, everybody looked forward to it. Ofcourse we want to win prizes but what I most remember is how special our teams were and how special our games were. For me that is worth so much more than 3 or 4 league titles. For me that’s Arsenal and I really hope we can get that back, with challenging for prizes.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

League's getting harder for Mikel, certainly.

See Potter's in the top 4 with 12 points, scoring nearly 4 times as many goals as us. Made short work of Leicester and put 2 past Burnley at their ground from open play, no less.

Bad choice for comparison.

How can you equate poor misunderstood Mikel with a manager who benefitted from having his own players for multiple seasons & clearly bought into his non-bogus process?!!

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

And this is exactly why the Kroenke family bought Arsenal. They literally said it. They loved the fact that Arsenal had a huge brand and a global fanbase who cheers for the team come rain or shine.

They wanted a famous brand they can depend on to deliver returns, the fact that it so happened to be a football club in London is just a coincidence.

What's important for them is a brand that continues to be supported with undying loyalty as the club slides down the table into mediocrity.

For how long do these imbeciles think Arsenal will remain a huge brand with losses to the likes of Brentford and no hope for Champions League football?

Are they that stupid that they believe the club will forever retain its value even after turning into cannon fodder for other League teams?

Yes.

Sadly, they're at a level of stupidity where the mere act of self reflection becomes an existential threat.

Pyres7

IMG-20210814-WA0023.jpg

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Nah, I'm obsessed with the injustice of abusing and campaigning to remove a manager who'd just come second. And then sucking up to a manager whose come 8th twice and producing the sort of football that Arsenal should pay us to watch.
Oh btw please try not to let your narrative get in the way of facts Arsène hadnt just come 2nd he had done so 2 years previously when all the current top 4 were in transition.
Arteta hasnt even been in the job 2 years. Arsène was here for over 20.
Torn between Top4 and Improvement in Performances. Decided to go for Top 4. Unai was held to that, so why should Arteta get away with a lot less. Arsène was drummed out for not winning the league ffs.
Was Arsène drummed out for not winning the league?

Perhaps?

Or maybe it was more down to the fact that we had not mounted a serious title challenge for the best part of a decade & had been overtaken by Sp**s & Leicester?

I loved Arsène but he wasnt going to turn it round. He had to call it quits someday & we needed to rebuild the club.

None of us know if Arteta is the right man to take us forward but unlike many on here who seem to have the attention span of 13 year girls I take a more balanced view.
I simply dont want to see us sacking managers every 12 months.

IstraBalagina

Oh btw please try not to let your narrative get in the way of facts Arsène hadnt just come 2nd he had done so 2 years previously when all the current top 4 were in transition.

Perhaps?

Or maybe it was more down to the fact that we had not mounted a serious title challenge for the best part of a decade & had been overtaken by Sp**s & Leicester?

I loved Arsène but he wasnt going to turn it round. He had to call it quits someday & we needed to rebuild the club.

None of us know if Arteta is the right man to take us forward but unlike many on here who seem to have the attention span of 13 year girls I take a more balanced view.
He's been here for 21 months, no progress.
I agree with the Wenger part.

Kav

Established Member

Perhaps?

Why do people keep comparing the two managers?

Arsène won the league title and Fa Cup in his second season. He also finished third in is first season.The year before that when Rioch was in charge Arsenal finished 5th behind Man U, Newcastle, Liverpool and Aston Villa in that specific Order.

There is no reason to compare the Championship caliber manager Wenger with windshield cleaner Arteta. You don't need to wait 10 years to view their ability. The evidence is laid bare in front of all of us, Arteta has been weighed and found wanting. Fire him.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Gave up on the top 4, trophies, or anything related to it a while ago, but I still do expect a club like Arsenal to show at least a few attacking patterns worth watching. I don't expect sexy football from Wenger but feels like we are falling behind mid table clubs like Aston Villa and Everton and we look more like Burnley these days.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

What's weird tho is we qualified for the EL a year ago and going into the next season not many thought repeating it would be seen as a success or progress. Yet not only did we fail to repeat that but we also ended the season trophyless, played worse football and didn't even quality for the conference league. So we basically regressed massively and are now on a position where repeating the feat of a year ago is now seen as a massive success. Arteta himself has somehow managed to lower to standards and the expectations for himself which is kinda crazy when you think about it.
the wire roland brice GIF

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Why do people keep comparing the two managers?

Arsène won the league title and Fa Cup in his second season. He also finished third in is first season.The year before that when Rioch was in charge Arsenal finished 5th behind Man U, Newcastle, Liverpool and Aston Villa in that specific Order.

There is no reason to compare the Championship caliber manager Wenger with windshield cleaner Arteta. You don't need to wait 10 years to view their ability. The evidence is laid bare in front of all of us, Arteta has been weighed and found wanting. Fire him.
I agree but some people think that it is fair to compare a rookie manager with a legend of the game.

I am just pointing out the arguments are not simply black & white

You like many want him sacked. I understand that .

I totally agree last season was very disappointing.

You think by getting a different manager all will be good.

I just try to take the more balanced view that pretty much all managers need time.

Look the club made the choice to go with a young manager in Arteta, rightly or wrongly so will/should give him that.

A young manager, like young players will need more time.

We are in transition with a new young squad so he will imho get this season to show if he can take us forward.

Does it makes people feel better bleating 24/7 on the internet about Arteta? 🤔

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

I agree but some people think that it is fair to compare a rookie manager with a legend of the game.

I am just pointing out the arguments are not simply black & white

You like many want him sacked. I understand that .

I totally agree last season was disappointing.

You think by getting a different manager all will be good.

I just try to take the more balanced view that managers need time.

Look the club made the choice to go with a young manager in Arteta, rightly or wrongly so will/should give him that.

A young manager, like young players will need more time.

We are in transition with a new young squad so he will imho get this season to show if he can take us forward.

Does it makes people feel better bleating 24/7 on the internet about Arteta? 🤔

What else are we supposed to talk about? Our football is insanely uninteresting.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Target should be to challenge for top 4 (a 70 points + finish) this season which is entirely possible with this squad playing once a week imo. Another 8th placed finish or an unispiring 6th placed finish with no little to no improvements to our performances should be the end of him imo.

Top Bottom