• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Its true that we wont always have it easy. We had a tough time against 2 of the worst teams in the league for example.
And Brentford, Chelsea and City for example. Wonder what these strengths are he's alluding to apart from loading the area around our box with all 11 players.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I know they had far from a perfect month but when you look at how City played at Stamford Bridge and Anfield and we're meant to believe Arteta performed better than Pep this month?

Even Klopp himself surely in with a better shout.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Honestly think you lot are making way too much out of this manager of the month award.

Havent they just given it to Nuno the other day?

Its not going to be the difference between him getting sacked or not. Results are.

He finishes 8th again despite 130m put on the team and it's not MotM trophy that will save him.

Palace and Villa will tell us a lot more about how infuriatingly boring this season might be, but I'm choosing to get on Mikels nerve once we cross that uninspiring bridge.

It's the only way any of us are going to make it to the end of the season without pulling a @Football Manager on each other.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
I know they had far from a perfect month but when you look at how City played at Stamford Bridge and Anfield and we're meant to believe Arteta performed better than Pep this month?

Even Klopp himself surely in with a better shout.
City vs Liverpool was in October. So that's not considered. Just look at the fixtures.

Despite the Chelsea win, City drew vs crap Southampton at home. You lot will kill arteta if he gets the same result (which is happening now with the Brighton draw after Sp**s win) but it's fine for billion dollar team to draw vs saints at home and get manager of the month? Klopp is a better shout. 1 draw vs Brentford but for Liverpool quality you expect a win.

Sp**s played crap but won first 3 matches and nuno got the award. Similarly Mikel got it. Why are you guys so against him getting this? This is just results based mostly and we simply had the better results. And it's not like a huge award and all.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Honestly think you lot are making way too much out of this manager of the month award.

Havent they just given it to Nuno the other day?

Its not going to be the difference between him getting sacked or not. Results are.

He finishes 8th again despite 130m put on the team and it's not MotM trophy that will save him.

Palace and Villa will tell us a lot more about how infuriatingly boring this season might be, but I'm choosing to get on Mikels nerve once we cross that uninspiring bridge.

It's the only way any of us are going to make it to the end of the season without pulling a @Football Manager on each other.
It's weird at the moment because unless you are die hard in one camp or another you feel the next couple of performances and results are really significant. He loses the next one with another limp performance and it's hard to see a way back. Conversely a couple of convincing wins and you're actually looking at a decent enough record and a proper turn around.

El Duderino

It's weird at the moment because unless you are die hard in one camp or another you feel the next couple of performances and results are really significant. He loses the next one with another limp performance and it's hard to see a way back. Conversely a couple of convincing wins and you're actually looking at a decent enough record and a proper turn around.

Its worse for me, because I can see us winning Villa and Palace in the jammiest way possible. You're more on the results side, which is fair enough, but I need to see this team playing as well as the players on the pitch we know can play.

There are no more excuses, the technical level of the team is pretty good right now. It's all on Arteta's feet and I honestly can't handle more boring, no thrills, games being the norm. That alone is not sustainable.

My sneaky feeling is that he'll get results now to secure his seat until season's end, but he won't improve the team, despite the club improving it for him. Being realistic (at least from the Club's POV), he should really be sacked if he doesn't finish 5th-6th.

I honestly dislike him, despite having backed him before.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Its worse for me, because I can see us winning Villa and Palace in the jammiest way possible. You're more on the results side, which is fair enough, but I need to see this team playing as well as the players on the pitch we know can play.

There are no more excuses, the technical level of the team is pretty good right now. It's all on Arteta's feet and I honestly can't handle more boring, no thrills, games being the norm. That alone is not sustainable.

My sneaky feeling is that he'll get results now to secure his seat until season's end, but he won't improve the team, despite the club improving it for him. Being realistic (at least from the Club's POV), he should really be sacked if he doesn't finish 5th-6th.

I honestly dislike him, despite having backed him before.
He's gotta be sacked if he doesn't make 6th surely... I think the debate raging on here is whether he should be given the time to try or not. One of the worrying things for me is that the really good, dominant, entertaining performances are so few and far between. I'm a results guy, as you said, but I share the fear that he's just got lucky essentially with Burnley and Brighton. If the results go south over the next couple of games then I think the Kroneke's should pull the trigger early rather than limping to the end of the season - obviously so long as there is a top quality replacement coach who is available.

REWB

One good half out of 14 and he gets manager of the month. :lol: Mikel leads a charmed life.

See the Athletic is still sucking up too. Their latest article by James McNicholas 'Arsenal won’t always have it easy', explains in detail how Potter completely nulified Arteta's tactics, yet it was dressed up like this was just a hiccup. Love the line 'This was a team that had prepared for Arsenal and came with a plan to combat their strengths.' :lol:
You're acting as if Arteta hasnt bested Potter before..when he has :lol:, comfortable 2-0 win at the emirates.

El Duderino

He's gotta be sacked if he doesn't make 6th surely... I think the debate raging on here is whether he should be given the time to try or not. One of the worrying things for me is that the really good, dominant, entertaining performances are so few and far between. I'm a results guy, as you said, but I share the fear that he's just got lucky essentially with Burnley and Brighton. If the results go south over the next couple of games then I think the Kroneke's should pull the trigger early rather than limping to the end of the season - obviously so long as there is a top quality replacement coach who is available.

I'll be here to pile on if results against Palace and Villa don't come, but I just can't be bothered to pull my hair out at every little thing anymore. You've got Arteta Out people yelling at other Arteta Out because they're not Arteta Out enough.

Yeah, I'll meme him when he says BS stuff like the fans/supporters thing, or crack a joke because of the picture he posted when he won MOTM. But I'm not losing my mind over it.

And I agree with you, his winning runs feel very much like that of his predecessor. And we all know how that turned out.

But we both also know that they won't sack him before Christmas, if at all, this season. We're just lucky that the dominos are looking like they're going to fall in a way that leads Potch back to Sp**s, which leaves Conte/Potter/Whoever open. Things need to go catastrophic for him to be sacked mid season.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I'm basically on the same page as Barry, but also agree with El Duderino on many things.

What I wanted to do with my crying jokes, was to make people realize, that the recycled crying won't help and makes this forum unreadable, especially when the Arteta hate comes to many other threads when not even invited. Good jokes I understand.

We know he won't be sacked for a few games at least, so people have to accept it. He has deserved it with his comeback 3-1-0. The team is young with new players. He/we still has/have some hope.

On the other hand I understand if people need to vent the frustration, but it's really dire to read this forum if most cry about one single thing non-stop. And accuse those who disagree even in a minor way, Artetasexuals or something as silly.

Like I have said, I don't have much patience anymore, so we need good performances in the next few games. Then I will probably express my frustration for a few times and be also Arteta Out.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Sp**s played crap but won first 3 matches and nuno got the award. Similarly Mikel got it. Why are you guys so against him getting this? This is just results based mostly and we simply had the better results. And it's not like a huge award and all.
Not going to lie, I wasn’t aware that Nuno won it. He didn’t deserve it either.

Seems like the award is simply based on results and is something they like to share amongst managers. As long as our clueless board see it for what it is then I don’t mind, if I see somebody reference this award in defence of him that’s when I’ll lose it.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Not going to lie, I wasn’t aware that Nuno won it. He didn’t deserve it either.

Seems like the award is simply based on results and is something they like to share amongst managers. As long as our clueless board see it for what it is then I don’t mind, if I see somebody reference this award in defence of him that’s when I’ll lose it.
Now your can understand that the award must be from results, not so much about performances.

If someone references the manager of the month award, they likely mean the 3-0 record of that month.

No need to lose it.

Kav

Established Member
Seriously peeps it’s not a big deal that he won’t it. If anything it should be generally considered a good thing. It means he has done something good with the club. Let him have his moment we won 3 in a row. I don’t think anyone should down play the team’s results.

Same way when we lose a few in a row i don’t expect anyone to talk up the results as if they were better.

Let give dues where they have been earned.

shoot for the top

Seriously peeps it’s not a big deal that he won’t it. If anything it should be generally considered a good thing. It means he has done something good with the club. Let him have his moment we won 3 in a row. I don’t think anyone should down play the team’s results.

Same way when we lose a few in a row i don’t expect anyone to talk up the results as if they were better.

Let give dues where they have been earned.
Did he earn it though? He got dominated by Brighton. I would say he lucked out.

Kav

Established Member
Did he earn it though? He got dominated by Brighton. I would say he lucked out.
I agree he lucked out against Brighton. Let’s be honest we did get 3 wins in a row in September and that is what put him in the frame for the award. We fans can rightfully debate the performances in some of those games particularly the Burnley one and the second half against Sp**s but it is still 3 wins in a row. Give him some credit for that.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Took Arsène 15 months to win manager of the month, took Arteta 15 months to win manager of the month. Wait . . . a sign . . .he's the next . . . ?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Pep, Klopp, Tuchel manager of the month this season combined . . 0. Clearly inferior.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom