• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Fighting Until The End

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
You also said this:

(T)here was no other player that could play the position
Like I mean you could play any fkin player there if you wanted, but hey you want to throw in a player with no experience at the top level in an already weakened team that had forced subs with a 2 nil lead that could very quickly become shaky.

Do you understand how stupid that sounds? Did you really want Arteta to risk the match so you can be happy he played a youth team player? Are you related to anyone with an association with hair spraying?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Arteta said Mari would have played without the bug, and Ødegaard was supposed too.

I think we can expect totally different line-up for this competition in the future than in the league. Likely until the last games if we get that far.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Like I mean you could play any fkin player there if you wanted, but hey you want to throw in a player with no experience at the top level in an already weakened team that had forced subs with a 2 nil lead that could very quickly become shaky.

Do you understand how stupid that sounds? Did you really want Arteta to risk the match so you can be happy he played a youth team player? Are you related to anyone with an association with hair spraying?

Leeds had given up. And they gave a 19 year old his fvcking debut in the starting eleven ffs.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Arteta said Mari would have played without the bug, and Ødegaard was supposed too.

I think we can expect totally different line-up for this competition in the future than in the league. Likely until the last games if we get that far.

Thats fairly annoying given how badly exposed Mari has been and both Holding and Chambers have had a good match.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
The Pepe stuff is mostly banter between those who know, I'm just theatrical for laughs- I think he's good but those who don't that's fine.

My Arteta anguish is no joke however, I'm not with it. I've not genuinely not watched a match since the Sp**s win as for me it's eerily similar to that Chelsea win last season. If we're not losing and I am still not buying into it then in all honesty I just need to step away.

I honestly feel bad for you with the Arteta situation. It's like your torn between wanting Arsenal to do well but hating that it means
Arteta will be here for a while longer.

You've got to do what right for you. Personally I hope you don't decide to pack it in though.
He'll be gone within a few years at most and you need to be around to flip him off as he exits 😁

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Leeds had given up. And they gave a 19 year old his fvcking debut in the starting eleven ffs.
Yeah Im sure they decided to lay down and go to sleep with 20 minutes left, never mind Philips going straight through Nektiah etc. out fo frustration, nothing like that happened. No team would ever come back to get 2 goals to make it 2 all.

Bielsa teams especially are known for their low effort and giving up mentalities. You are truly a leading light of managerial expertise, I must thank you for providing me with such knowledge.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Yeah Im sure they decided to lay down and go to sleep with 20 minutes left, never mind Philips going straight through Nektiah etc. out fo frustration, nothing like that happened. No team would ever come back to get 2 goals to make it 2 all.

Bielsa teams especially are known for their low effort and giving up mentalities. You are truly a leading light of managerial expertise, I must thank you for providing me with such knowledge.

Just rewatch it. They did absolutely nothing after the first goal.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Arsenal’s next six fixtures: Leicester A Watford H Liverpool A Newcastle H Manchester United A Everton A #afc

Now this is a tricky run. Idk maybe need minimum 10-12 points from 18

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Just rewatch it. They did absolutely nothing after the first goal.
Yeah, totally agreed Philips definitely wasnt charging around putting in tackles and blowing steam, they werent putting in tackles etc. Arteta could have played a team of u20s after that and nothing wouldve happened.

Daniel James didnt look pissed with his performances and he never ever tracked back - not once, they definitely didnt close down our players in midfield or the wings. Players like Pepe were never dispossessed or tackled, Nektiah wasnt constantly dragged and pulled and p[retty much being held for the majority of the match, Martinelli was never fouled. Holding and Chambers were definitely not pressed, Holding definitely didnt give away a foul after a bad pass from Cedric(?) and a quick press. They clearly decided that coming back from 1 nil or 2 nil down was completely impossible and didnt do any of that stuff.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Arsenal’s next six fixtures: Leicester A Watford H Liverpool A Newcastle H Manchester United A Everton A #afc

12 is realistic if we turn up in every match. We'll be smashed by Liverpool, there's no sense thinking otherwise and despite the fact that I fully expect Arteta to outmanage that Norwegian gimp if he's still in a job, the refs are never going to let Utd bottom out fully and there will be some nonsense to give them an undeserved result on the day.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

Maybe I'm being a bit pessimistic but if I were offered 10 points now I'd probably take it.

If we're not on form I can see us dropping a fair few points here. Watford and Newcastle are the only two I'd really put money on us winning. We'll probably do Man Utd too, saying that, unless we get screwed by the ref.

Liverpool is a write off and Leicester and Everton away will be tough I think.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Yeah, totally agreed Philips definitely wasnt charging around putting in tackles and blowing steam, they werent putting in tackles etc. Arteta could have played a team of u20s after that and nothing wouldve happened.

Daniel James didnt look pissed with his performances and he never ever tracked back - not once, they definitely didnt close down our players in midfield or the wings. Players like Pepe were never dispossessed or tackled, Nektiah wasnt constantly dragged and pulled and p[retty much being held for the majority of the match, Martinelli was never fouled. Holding and Chambers were definitely not pressed, Holding definitely didnt give away a foul after a bad pass from Cedric(?) and a quick press. They clearly decided that coming back from 1 nil or 2 nil down was completely impossible and didnt do any of that stuff.

I didnt say they sat down or left the pitch ffs. How dumb are you?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Stop baiting the one trick troll! You are being cruel!

Baby Reaction GIF

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

How many games is that now without a loss? Can this be described as a bit of a run?

I find it a bit frustrating. I had just settled in for being Arteta out and now he is winning games again and I start wavering. My problem is I like us winning games and as soon as we string a couple of wins together I am happy again. When people speak about fickle football fans, that is me 100%. ****ing pathetic!

• Funny
Reactions: Xln

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
How many games is that now without a loss? Can this be described as a bit of a run?

I find it a bit frustrating. I had just settled in for being Arteta out and now he is winning games again and I start wavering. My problem is I like us winning games and as soon as we string a couple of wins together I am happy again. When people speak about fickle football fans, that is me 100%. ****ing pathetic!

As blood has said, it's been very 20 unbeaten Emery run.

Only two convincing performances, but not that convincing when you look a bit deeper.

Some games we literally just lucked it.

I rather a 3w 3l run with good performances in 4 of those games, for example, than a 4 wins 2 draws where we only played well once or twice.

The former points were working towards something. I just want us to dominate games again and not just because the opposition were poor or not up to it.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I've never claimed to be a football expert.

I'm an Arsenal fan on an Arsenal forum giving my honest opinion.

If others think I'm talking rubbish that is fine.
Stay strong, mate. Anything with a bit of nuance about Arsène will have the cultist attacking you like mad.

Arsène was obviously not a great tactician. He was a great manager but perhaps never a great tactician, and if he ever was a great tactician it was at the beginning when his tactics were rather revolutionary in England. His European record also speaks to the fact he was never the greatest of tacticians, even when he was certainly one of the greatest of managers.

I can see what you mean about Fergie in that he was probably a greater manager than tactician too, but it's also hard to see where one starts and one ends and Fergie did indeed have the European success that Wenger didn't have, with the caveat of having far bigger budgets. One's tempted to remember times like when United were simply played off the pitch by Barça and it was clear that Barça was not only on another level talent-wise but also tactically, but then we also have to remember that tactics in football are cyclical or progress from era to era, and that was one great manager at the beginning of an era, at the forefront of the sport (Pep), and another at the end of an era.

I don't know, were Fergie's tactics in the late 1990s revolutionary the way Pep's were then in the late 2000s? Probably not to the same extent, as Fergie's seemed a little bit less about a coherent and drilled tactical approach (not saying they weren't about this, saying a little bit less about) and more about a success built on a more holistic and motivational approach it seems to me...but I was also at different ages where I could appreciate tactics differently, and we are also probably biased psychologically to think that the more current revolutions are the more significant / dramatic ones, forgetting a bit what the former ones really felt like and meant in their time.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I just want us to dominate games again and not just because the opposition were poor or not up to it.
I must say I don't really disagree all that much although I wouldn't be as harsh about our victories. Seldom is a win just because a team lucks out or the other team is utter rubbish. Still, our wins haven't been against top opposition, so whatever we have achieved in terms of 8 matches without a loss, has to been seen in that perspective. It's not like we have rolled over Chelsea, Liverpool and City.

I refuse to be too negative though. Simply nice to win games and pick up points! Arteta in or out, I am simply much happier when we win. Even if it is a bit scrappy and against not so good teams.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004

Latest posts

Top Bottom