• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

My boy Rex believing in the process. Iā€™ve been baptised and see the light too.

JIlcrt.gif

I feel a new man.

šŸ¤©
Cant believe you jumped ship šŸ¤£

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
subjective things like expected goals

That ****'s not subjective. What's subjective is your/anybody's perception of how great in terms of quality a certain chance/shot was viewing it live or on TV. xG is not based on people watching games on telly and going "oh yeah usually that shot goes in, so it get's a 0.8 xG value from me".

xG is relating the position a shot is taken from to the probability of that shot resulting in a goal based on data. A shot will get a certain xG value cause so and so many shots from the same position have resulted in goals or misses. There's nothing subjective about that.

Now that doesn't mean xG is without flaw. But by now there's more stats to put the sole xG variable into context and get a more in depth statistical analysis of goal scoring chances. It's a bit like sprint statistics in football: On their own they usually don't tell ****; but when looked at along other statistics regarding sprints such as length, direction, position on the field, etc. you'll get a pretty good data based picture on the movement, intensity and probably the overall style of a team.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ā­

This the sort of cringe stuff you see in the Notebook bro.

Itā€™s just football. Iā€™m Arteta in because weā€™re winning. When we lose itā€™s back to Arteta out again.
šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ Youā€™re getting worse everyday.

Whatā€™s the notebook g? Seems like you been reading it?

Farzad

Stormy's Lifetime Fan and Subscriber #1 šŸ«¶šŸ½

Player:Havertz
That ****'s not subjective. What's subjective is your/anybody's perception of how great in terms of quality a certain chance/shot was viewing it live or on TV. xG is not based on people watching games on telly and going "oh yeah usually that shot goes in, so it get's a 0.8 xG value from me".

xG is relating the position a shot is taken from to the probability of that shot resulting in a goal based on data. A shot will get a certain xG value cause so and so many shots from the same position have resulted in goals or misses. There's nothing subjective about that.

Now that doesn't mean xG is without flaw. But by now there's more stats to put the sole xG variable into context and get a more in depth statistical analysis of goal scoring chances. It's a bit like sprint statistics in football: On their own they usually don't tell ****; but when looked at along other statistics regarding sprints such as length, direction, position on the field, etc. you'll get a pretty good data based picture on the movement, intensity and probably the overall style of a team.
Ok how do you explain the obvious bollocks of a team generating .64 chances a game and scoring 1.2 goals a game. Tell me how .64>1.2. Is this the new math we heard about. Before you explain this stinking puke of poo in these numbers I wonā€™t address or read the rest of your post. Explain this as a defender of these obviously made up numbers.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I said stats except wins or losses his team was in a free fall. That is all that counts for manager not imaginary subjective things like expected goals
Well, everyone knew that Tottenham had played very badly, often not having any shots in a half on target, often in the 2nd half. But they got some results.

Before Nuno's sack, they had lost to United, and before that won Burnley in EFL Cup. Before that two 0-1 losses and before that three wins, and then their loss to us. Not exactly a freefall. They were also one point behind us I think.

But anyway, you do have a point.

Paperino

Itā€™s Timo Time

I will join the Arteta In-brigade 50% if we are convincing against Liverpool. Expect a 4-0 result though.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I remember this gem from a few years ago šŸ¤£

Iā€™m not gay, but I want to live in a log cabin in the woods with Rafa Benitez. We won't ever have sex, but there will be a simmering erotic undercurrent as I stand in the kitchen window watching him cranking out a paella valenciana, shirtless, sweat pouring off his body. I'll run upstairs and masturbate, the entire time forcing myself to think of women while my thoughts drift back to Rafa. I won't be able to climax and I'll eventually go back downstairs, angry. Sometimes we will look across the table and catch each other's eyes, and in that second, anything is possible, but we both deny ourselves and go back to what we were doing. One day one of us will die, and the other will bury him outside the log cabin. Then he'll go inside, pen a brief missive to his departed friend, and commit ****, never able to deal with life without his one true platonic love.

That must be one of the best/strangest posts I have read in quite a while. First the Beatles and now this, Liverpool does produce some good stuffā€¦

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Ok how do you explain the obvious bollocks of a team generating .64 chances a game and scoring 1.2 goals a game. Tell me how .64>1.2. Is this the new math we heard about. Before you explain this stinking puke of poo in these numbers I wonā€™t address or read the rest of your post. Explain this as a defender of these obviously made up numbers.
What team generates 0.64 chances a game and scores 1.2 goals a game?

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin ŠeŔko, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give ŠeŔko a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakub Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Arsenal enquire about Ā£17m-rated Barcelona defender Mikayil Faye [MailSport]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom