• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nuno Tavares: The False #3

tcahill

People here need to chill. Sure he had a clanger today, but he's been on a very strong run for a 21 year old backup. Honestly I thought he held his own against Salah, arguably the most in form player in the world right now.

He obviously couldn't cope with the Liverpool press, however he was far from the only one in our team.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The best thing to do would be to play him against Newcastle. If you're dropping players for one poor performance Tierney would've been dropped ages ago. Why should it be one rule for one guy and another rule for another?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Weird situation on here with Tavares. People deciding he's the bee's knees off the back of 300 PL minutes against fairly mediocre sides.

You can't be making mistaking like that at this level of football, you just can't.

In an ideal world he'd be on loan at a lower PL side for a season or so to round his game off.

He's one of those that has all the physical components but lacks the mental side currently, which is to be expected at this stage of his career.

Get those flaws ironed out and we've got a really good player on our hands.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I’ve never seen this not backfire in professional football you know :lol:

A lot of these young guys were really feeling themselves leading up to this match, hopefully they gain some humility from this and not have their confidence knocked entirely.
This was a horrible result but maybe it will teach these guys some things as well. If they can pick themselves up again for the next match

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

This is going to be a tough situation with Tavares now for sure. He definately has good potential to play consistently but everyone has their learning curves, if we drop him right now because of 1 mediocre performance against one of the top teams, it may put his confidence right down but we can't just forget about Tierney now out of the blue.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I liked Tavares yesterday. Didn't hide.

He has a very strong presence. Maybe we should move him into CM or LW.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
The best thing to do would be to play him against Newcastle. If you're dropping players for one poor performance Tierney would've been dropped ages ago. Why should it be one rule for one guy and another rule for another?

Because Tierney has proven himself.

Tavares is a rookie who has looked somewhat decent in handful of games against mostly average opposition.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
People here need to chill. Sure he had a clanger today, but he's been on a very strong run for a 21 year old backup. Honestly I thought he held his own against Salah, arguably the most in form player in the world right now.

He obviously couldn't cope with the Liverpool press, however he was far from the only one in our team.
I wouldn’t single him out. Gabriel’s marking for the Mane header was woeful and they easily took the ball of White when he tried his runs. We were pulled out of shape and when they got in behind us in the second half there was panic all round, like a rout in battle.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Think Arteta will bring Tierney in, but I would play Nuno v Newcastle...he's a better attacker which we will need in a home game, plus I don't want the last game to dent his confidence too much as he has been good so far.

Save Tierney for United away, that's a massive game.

Riou

see and I played into it spreading it (I never watch talksport) because I thought it was funny.

That has really annoyed me tbh.

I think you only did it, because Nuno seems like the type of nutter to say it.

He's looks the type to bring a knife to a gun fight, then throw the knife away and start punching everyone.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

He got so much hate for that made up quote as well, sad.
Disgusting tbh and a bit typical of how Arsenal is treated in the media. As a fanbase, arguing amongst ourselves is a bit different but we really should be challenging these narratives from outsiders.

Agreed @Riou, reading his other interviews it didn't seem that out of character tbh.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
@Macho

...media did him dirty :lol:

Shocked they lied to make an Arsenal player look bad, really not like Talkshite.
Media lie?

Simpsons Shocked Face GIF - Simpsons Shocked Face Cheeky GIFs

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
i liked him more because of the fake quote :lol: so thats disappointing to hear

though he was our young mouthy Corner Back calling out the star receiver

Riou

i liked him more because of the fake quote :lol: so thats disappointing to hear

though he was our young mouthy Corner Back calling out the star receiver

Agreed...

Amy Lawrence: "What was it like to play in the same team as Thierry Henry?"

Sol Campbell: "Why don't you ask Thierry what it was like to play in the same team as Sol Campbell?"

...better to have cocky characters in your team, imo.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Latest posts

Top Bottom