• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nuno Tavares: The False #3

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The best thing to do would be to play him against Newcastle. If you're dropping players for one poor performance Tierney would've been dropped ages ago. Why should it be one rule for one guy and another rule for another?
Yeah start him against Newcastle so that you show that you back your players and don’t punish them for making one mistake after a bad run of games.

Then we can bring KT back in the following week. Arteta won’t do that though.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Agreed...

Amy Lawrence: "What was it like to play in the same team as Thierry Henry?"

Sol Campbell: "Why don't you ask Thierry what it was like like to play in the same team as Sol Campbell?"

...better to have cocky characters in your team, imo.
Is this real? Love that. 🤣

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yeah start him against Newcastle so that you show that you back your players and don’t punish them for making one mistake after a bad run of games.

It sets a ridiculous precedent too, one bad game and you're out is so silly.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
There is a "Tuesday Club" Invincible episode on YouTube, somewhere on there Amy says this happened when she was interviewing Campbell.

I believe her, as Sol is definitely the type to say that :lol:

Sol's a legit lunatic to be fair.

Great player though.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Was one of the few players that weren't afraid of Liverpool yesterday. Maybe it was naivety, maybe not but I hope he isn't dropped for his mistake yesterday. Start him against Newcastle then bring on Tierney later on.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
He had a terrible outing but everyone knew it would be an avid test. That being said I still think he has the ability to develop into a top class LB. There seems to be no attention span anymore everyone expects players to always have great matches. A lot of experienced fullbacks have gotten torched at Anfield even Barca a couple years back when they were still good imploded there so let’s not throw the baby out with the basket.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
His mistakes were egregious and he needs to take some time to earn his way back, imo. It's not about best fit or whatever. He was a better fit this match being more athletic than Tierney but those mistakes you just cannot make and keep your place. Disciplining him is not calling him a failure.

Plutarch

He had a terrible game against Liverpool and Tierney would have been better in every respect - attacking, defending and not giving the ball away with stupid, careless passes to the opposition. I've lost faith in him after that performance.

OSBK

Established Member
Terrible is a understatement. He was woeful and shouldve been pulled off. Massive learning curve for him against top quality, lota of potential there but he needs to be eased into these games and not chucked in.

mirrorstares

He was good against Villa but other than that what has he exactly done to make people think he has been awesome?

Defensively unremarkable, shoddy linkup with Lokonga/ESR, can sometimes get in good positions thanks to his natural strength but nothing at all happens after that, not involved whatsoever in any of our few relevant attack attempts on recent matches.

Making a fun dive to get a Watford player sent off is all that I can recall. Not seeing how that constitutes "strong run of form", "top class LB in the making" or even being better than Tierney at his worst.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Think Arteta will bring Tierney in, but I would play Nuno v Newcastle...he's a better attacker which we will need in a home game, plus I don't want the last game to dent his confidence too much as he has been good so far.

Save Tierney for United away, that's a massive game.
I'm a massive Tierney fan, but totally agree with this. You drop Tavares now and his confidence is shot - give him an easier game against Newcastle and then bring Tierney back into the side.

Pop Tart

Established Member
I'm a massive Tierney fan, but totally agree with this. You drop Tavares now and his confidence is shot - give him an easier game against Newcastle and then bring Tierney back into the side.
He kept playing dani cellbaos after costly mistakes. If you have a shocker then you should be dropped. This is not play school.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

He kept playing dani cellbaos after costly mistakes. If you have a shocker then you should be dropped. This is not play school.
Tbh it all depends on what type of manager he is. Both approaches work as long as you're consistent. From how Arteta has treated his favourites then he shouldn't be dropping Nuno after one poor game against one of the best teams in the world.

However if this was a Guardiola/Conte/Tuchel team then Nuno would already know that one poor performance and your mate gets to have a go, doubt he'd take it personally.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The Newcastle game will begin a run of 10 games in 35 days so Nuno will see plenty of minutes regardless.

Agreed...

Amy Lawrence: "What was it like to play in the same team as Thierry Henry?"

Sol Campbell: "Why don't you ask Thierry what it was like to play in the same team as Sol Campbell?"

...better to have cocky characters in your team, imo.

Sol Campbell started taking things personally long before MJ did it.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Why do you think it's like that? Arteta speaks to these guys behind closed doors you know...

I have faith in Tavares. I have a skill set that will benefit us both as starters and also when coming on at 80 minutes to run at defenses.

But was that worse performance than Chambers vs Swansea?

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom