• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Arsenal 2 - 0 Newcastle United | Saturday 27th November | KO: 12:30 GMT | BT Sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Important we get good result here a clean sheet too would bring the confidence back to our defense after conceding 4 yesterday. Newcastle are shocking defensively they concede for fun even after going 523 yest they still conceded 3. One bad result doesn't mean we should change formation i think mikel will stick with same 4411. Maybe one or tow changes Ødegaard and Tierney for Tavares and Lacazette.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Good to see the next match thread up. We need to move on from Anfield and start another good run.

Maybe drop Laca for this one and start Martinelli for a change. Its that or Ødegaard as 10 and ESR on the left. Will Tierney start? Personally I think it would be harsh on Tavares. The only other change could be AMN next to Partey. I dont feel Sambi has done much wrong, just maybe AMN is a better fit.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
It will be the similar formula we have seen during our first run I reckon. A fast start and blitzing them followed by attempts to control the game and then absorb pressure.

2-0 to Arsenal.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Mikel Arteta v Jason Tindall...as tactical battle for the ages!

rockofcashel

Apart from the loss v Brentford, where we were down players through Covid, our three other losses this season have been against

Chelsea - current Champions League holders
City - Champions League beaten finalists
Liverpool - CL winner 3 yrs ago, PL winners 2 yrs

Two of those defeats were away from home

Take out those games.. we've conceded 5 goals in 9 games.. scored 13

And people here think the sky is falling in. Would you ever catch a grip on ye're selves. Arsenal have the youngest squad in the PL, transitioning in 19-21 yr olds.. and lads are moaning that they're not competing with the Chelseas, Citys, Liverpools

Guess what.. neither are Real Madrid, Bayern, PSG, Man U, Barca etc.. the cream of European football, with older more experienced, more expensive squads.

Transition takes time.. patience.

Look at United.. literally a billion spent since Ferguson left.. and onto their what, fourth/fifth manager.. and behind Arsenal.

Give Arteta a bit of time.. he may not be the manager that bridges the gap.. no more than BR wasn't the guy who did it for Liverpool.. but he may lay the essential groundwork

He may be the one who'll give the kids.. and trust me, all they are is kids, the experience to bridge the gaps in a year or two.

In the end, Liverpool needed to spend huge to do it.. don't mind all that net spend bullshit.. Arsenal may need to shell out another 200 million yet

rockofcashel

Yep yep, 1-0 win with an xG below 1, barely any chances created. Goal probably from a set-pieces and we'll have to read posts for the next week on how this proves xG is bullshit, all the stats are wrong and we should trust the process.

What's your opinion on Stephen Kenny?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Apart from the loss v Brentford, where we were down players through Covid, our three other losses this season have been against

Chelsea - current Champions League holders
City - Champions League beaten finalists
Liverpool - CL winner 3 yrs ago, PL winners 2 yrs

Two of those defeats were away from home

Take out those games.. we've conceded 5 goals in 9 games.. scored 13

And people here think the sky is falling in. Would you ever catch a grip on ye're selves. Arsenal have the youngest squad in the PL, transitioning in 19-21 yr olds.. and lads are moaning that they're not competing with the Chelseas, Citys, Liverpools

Guess what.. neither are Real Madrid, Bayern, PSG, Man U, Barca etc.. the cream of European football, with older more experienced, more expensive squads.

Transition takes time.. patience.

Look at United.. literally a billion spent since Ferguson left.. and onto their what, fourth/fifth manager.. and behind Arsenal.

Give Arteta a bit of time.. he may not be the manager that bridges the gap.. no more than BR wasn't the guy who did it for Liverpool.. but he may lay the essential groundwork

He may be the one who'll give the kids.. and trust me, all they are is kids, the experience to bridge the gaps in a year or two.

In the end, Liverpool needed to spend huge to do it.. don't mind all that net spend bullshit.. Arsenal may need to shell out another 200 million yet
I like this model of yours.

Every defeat and lost point should be discounted.

:lol:

rockofcashel

I like this model of yours.

Every defeat and lost point should be discounted.

:lol:

Nah.. but anyone thinking we were going to be competing with those three this year, were pretty much on the voddy early

They're in a league above us..

We're in with the West Hams, Sp**s, Uniteds, Wolves, Leicester's at the moment.. and we're more than competing with them.. we ain't running.. but we're past walking.. gentle trot maybe

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Salah is Henry level. Prefer Henry, but not by much

"Salah and Ronnie clear, Thierry "dusted" Henry well behind"

...thought this would be your response when I saw you quoted me, tbh :lol:

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
"Salah and Ronnie clear, Thierry "dusted" Henry well behind"

...thought this would be your response when I saw you quoted me, tbh :lol:

Nah I might have insane opinions but i would never go up against the king

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

What's your opinion on Stephen Kenny?

For Arsenal manager? :lol:

I think he should be given more time, tho I haven't watched all of Ireland's matches recently we're not conceding and the goals have finally started to come so I think we should persist a while longer. It's as poor a group of players as I can remember so that has to be factored

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom