• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

This franchise is too big to keep such an underperforming coach in place. Not only that, I think the franchise could do with a new GM and Owner, we’ve got a lot of cap space this summer if we cut players from the roster.

The time is now. #PotterParadise2022

Now this is tough 💯

Terry’s been back for days and he’s already been broken by Mikel and Rory Burns.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Not advocating another ex player for the sake of it...but what's Gio like as a manager, from anyone who has watched his teams?

I know he won Feyenoord's only league title for 20 years, what's his football like?

In the summer though, Potter or ETH with Overmars should be our choice...the latter may even allow us to sign some ****ing Ajax players finally!

Bloodbather

Established Member

Is ETH really a Klopp type? I think Rangnick will pick their next manager and i assume he will go for that type.
Ten Hag's brand of football is more possession-based than gegenpressing, but there are overlaps. He applies the high press consistently and emphasizes winning the ball back quickly.

Rangnick isn't exactly spoiled for choice when it comes to hiring the next United manager. He can't just go ahead and give the job to a new protégé like he did at RB Leipzig. I think he either stays on or tries to find an established manager that isn't at odds with his approach to football.

In the summer though, Potter or ETH with Overmars should be our choice...the latter may even allow us to sign some ****ing Ajax players finally!
Overmars & Ten Hag would be the dream, but I think it's only a dream. Overmars just renewed his contract.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
In the middle of the season it's not going to happen (we're clearly not sacking Arteta middle of the season anyways so, moot point).

But in general? Bigger club (with all due respect to Ajax, and with all due respect to the fact that they have the bigger history, but that doesn't change that this is the current reality), bigger wage, MUCH bigger league...the same reasons Klopp would go from Dortmund to Liverpool except even more amplified.
I can understand end of season but people want him right now and I'm just wondering if they are serious.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Giovanni Sartori at Atalanta is more exciting than Overmars tbf. Both of them are waaaaaay more exciting than Edu.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'm sure he's an upgrade on Edu, but what makes Overmars so special? I don't get the clamouring for him tbh.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
He comes across more as quietly competent, than blockbuster but I think it's the relationship that he has to work with Ten Hag that makes it especially attractive as a combo.

Overmars is probably beyond anyone's reach at this stage.

To be fair to Edu, he has been relatively effective in his role during his time here. I do think that so long as he is able to back a good manager and get the deals done as he has done so far, we should be alright.

I wouldnt be opposed to a Edu-Potter or Edu-Ten Hag combination.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I'm still not sold on Edu - he appears to have bought fairly well last summer and looks like he can close a deal and attract players. Other than that though... Not sure he's the very best that's out there.

Don't see him as the main issue but if there's a better option available then he should go as well.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Think they'll 100% be on the next guys back from day one unless that guy is Potter.

Kinda want Low to take over just so Gunnerblog is forced to write about Joachim's xSNIFF stats per 90.

I think the smart move is Southgate tbh.

He’s a nice guy, media would be on our side and a lot of our lads have worked with him already.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom