• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: Arsenal Career on Death Rowe?

Bloodbather

Established Member

Again no. This is what you want if you want to compete. Don’t force them all in. Let them compete, the most in form plays. We want to be in Europe again, we need a problem like this at striker, cm, in defense. We have one guy too many who is so good he should be playing and you guys wanna change the system like its that easy. What do we do if another one emerges? Force him in too? Let’s play 2-4-2-2 or some ****.

Feck that, build your system, have players compete within that system, win. Repeat.
You are missing my point. I keep repeating the word compatibility for a reason. I am not arguing for a long term system change willy nilly just to get our guys in the lineup, I'm doing it because I think it's going to be the way to optimize their strengths in the long term. I think, long term, 4-3-3 will be more conducive to being a dominant side for this group.

You want competition, yes, but you want your players to compete for a spot in an optimized established system, not a system that continuously re-adjusts depending on who is on form. City uses a bunch of people at false nine, but they all play the same role.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

You are missing my point. I keep repeating the word compatibility for a reason. I am not arguing for a long-term system change willy nilly just to get our guys in the lineup, I'm doing it because I think it's going to be the way to optimize their strengths in the long term.

You want competition, yes, but you want your players to compete for a spot in an established system, not a system that continuously re-adjusts depending on who is on form. City uses a bunch of people at false nine, but they all play the same role.
I disagree. ESR can play the LW role well and do it differently from Martinelli and still get results. Same for ESR vs Ödegaard at CAM. We saw it when he cam on today. System didnt change just the personel and we didnt miss a beat.

Moah

He's good, but I just can't like this guy. Feels like something is missing, I just don't what.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I disagree. ESR can play the LW role well and do it differently from Martinelli and still get results. Same for ESR vs Ödegaard at CAM. We saw it when he cam on today. System didnt change just the personel and we didnt miss a beat.
Have to agree to disagree, then. I see Martinelli at LW to be a far superior option than ESR at LW because he's more of a wide forward, which contrasts Saka on the other side and makes us less predictable. We won't be playing Norwich every week.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

As much as I like Martinelli, ESR reclaiming that LW role seems inevitable to me.

Said in the summer he'd oust Pepe, but I didn't see Martinelli or his bench role coming so who knows. Doesn't really matter for now?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I remember when people were calling Welbeck a super sub, how times change.

Your posting has been superb today, Mr Gumble.

But don't you dare go after the Welbatros, he's a top man!

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
It is more or less simple. Move Laca to the bench, replace him with Gabi, and put ESR as LW.
The best attack lineup is staring everyone in the face and has been for some time. Saka/Gabby/ESR. One thing about Wenger he trusted the quality of his young players once someone showed they were good enough. I think Arteta still doesn’t grasp that the younger guys are better than the more seasoned guys. Can say the same for Sambi and Xhaka

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
It is more or less simple. Move Laca to the bench, replace him with Gabi, and put ESR as LW.
Uff I'm not so sure, Laca really has improved our play offering an outlet, like another 10, especially when Ødegaard drops deep to help with build-up and playing the ball out in our own half against a press and moves into the position of an 8. I'm not really sure if Gabi has this in his game at this point. He'll need a lot of refining in that aspect to get that level, and it may just not ever be in his game...I think Gabi is more of a 9 in the mould of Agüero, should we develop him in that sense. So if we are going to take Lacazette out of the lineup we need a lot more confidence and security in bringing the ball out than we currently have...I wouldn't make that change now when for the first time in years we are actually playing out from the back in a coherent fashion against a press.

Would be something to look at more in a time when we improve our central midfield significantly, and when we are more confident and more rehearsed in playing this style, ie have done it for more than 4 games against weak-ish opposition.
The best attack lineup is staring everyone in the face and has been for some time. Saka/Gabby/ESR. One thing about Wenger he trusted the quality of his young players once someone showed they were good enough. I think Arteta still doesn’t grasp that the younger guys are better than the more seasoned guys. Can say the same for Sambi and Xhaka

Meh, I don't rate Xhaka that highly but Xhaka >> Sambi at the moment.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Uff I'm not so sure, Laca really has improved our play offering an outlet, like another 10, especially when Ødegaard drops deep to help with build-up and playing the ball out in our own half against a press and moves into the position of an 8. I'm not really sure if Gabi has this in his game at this point. He'll need a lot of refining in that aspect to get that level, and it may just not ever be in his game...I think Gabi is more of a 9 in the mould of Agüero, should we develop him in that sense. So if we are going to take Lacazette out of the lineup we need a lot more confidence and security in bringing the ball out than we currently have...I wouldn't make that change now when for the first time in years we are actually playing out from the back in a coherent fashion against a press.

Would be something to look at more in a time when we improve our central midfield significantly, and when we are more confident and more rehearsed in playing this style, ie have done it for more than 4 games against weak-ish opposition.

Meh, I don't rate Xhaka that highly but Xhaka >> Sambi at the moment.

Imagine Saka, Ode, Martinelli and ESR playing with prime RVP!! That would be some fun stuff to watch. RVP as the starting CF, Santi in the middle replacing Xhaka. That would be such a devastating team to watch game in and game out.

balthazar

fantastic to have 4 undropables fighting for 3 spots. -
Hard to pick, since they are all on fire. Love how they rotate sometimes, must be a nightmare to defent against.
I think there could a little bit more rotation though, with Saka coming on from the bench sometimes. Also I think Laca is doing really well, even though he doesn't score as often.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

fantastic to have 4 undropables fighting for 3 spots. -
Hard to pick, since they are all on fire. Love how they rotate sometimes, must be a nightmare to defent against.
I think there could a little bit more rotation though, with Saka coming on from the bench sometimes. Also I think Laca is doing really well, even though he doesn't score as often.
Laca has never been the total striker here.

I have always pointed out his point per minute compared to Auba, where they have mostly been equal.

Only now other people are seeing his Firmino qualities. (I have comparing posts here, and was ridiculed for the comparison.) Other than @Macho

People usually just watch goals for strikers and their brain makes an error if something more happens.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Idk man right after every semi-positive comment you stumble over yourself to diminish it while with guys like Pepe you’re moist as ****. Should be hot for our Hale End crop, much better than any signing.
I can feel how I want!

I tend to defend players I think are unfairly criticised and then go against the grain with guys everyone loves for sh*ts and giggles. Same with the KT agenda I started in summer that winds everyone up.

Guys like KT and Hale End don’t need yet another poster up their arse. They’re fine without me. :lol:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I can feel how I want!

I tend to defend players I think are unfairly criticised and then go against the grain with guys everyone loves for sh*ts and giggles. Same with the KT agenda I started in summer that winds everyone up.

Guys like KT and Hale End don’t need yet another poster up their arse. They’re fine without me. :lol:
Nah man you’re from London bro I’m not having it, these guys are from your ends, its all love.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I can feel how I want!

Don't pretend like most posters on here love hale end academy players. They are usually the first to get blamed and also the fans seem okay for them to be thrown away like trash cause they cost nothing. But still make excuses for bums like Xhaka and Pepe. It's like those people that will only buy really expensive things that have no real value, but will do everything to big it up cause of the price. Iwobi took way more insults on here than Pepe ever has.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
If ESR can keep up this level he deserves to be on the team of the year, it would be a close call but he would deserve consideration. He is fantastic at getting into dangerous positions and precise striking. We have phenomenal young players

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom