• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2021/22: Race For Top 4

Do you believe we will finish in the top 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
A draw tomorrow would be a half acceptable result. Wolves are a good side and playing there won't be easy. We need to take something from the game after Sp**s getting beat and United dropping points. We can't keep missing opportunities.
A win would really show the players intent given the poor results of our competitors.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I know you're ready to believe again.

i-believe-jum-carrey.gif

GoonerJay24

We should have a points target for the year and I doubt we are above our mid year goal currently; it's just teams like Utd are way below their expected points that has given us a chance for top 4.

Based on what? They've been at the same level for around 9 season's.

It really baffles me how overrated United are sometimes. I expected them to finish between 4th-8th.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Based on what? They've been at the same level for around 9 season's.

It really baffles me how overrated United are sometimes. I expected them to finish between 4th-8th.
I think based on how/where they finished last season then adding Varane, Ronaldo and Sancho many (including myself), thought they would be much better. Hasn't materialised thankfully.

GoonerJay24

I think based on how/where they finished last season then adding Varane, Ronaldo and Sancho many (including myself), thought they would be much better. Hasn't materialised thankfully.

Last season they had a good spell midway through but finished badly and lost the Europa final.

How many signings have they made in the last 8 years that have made them better? I can only say Fernandes.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Last season they had a good spell midway through but finished badly and lost the Europa final.

How many signings have they made in the last 8 years that have made them better? I can only say Fernandes.
Still when you finish 2nd, and add the players I mentioned you'd expect better.

United are a **** show at the minute. That said its only good if we capitalise.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Do we really need any more motivation to cement our hopes of making top 4 after United drawing and Sp**s losing? FFS, just go to Wolves tomorrow and play with heart and passion and bring back the 3 points.
If I see anything less than full commitment in the first 10 minutes im turning it off

CountChocula

You act like nobody else ever spends money.
Man U didnt spend over £100m to go from 2nd to outside the top 4.
Chelsea spent around £100m also.
As said Sp**s didnt bring in Conte to finish below us for the 1st time in years.

Unfortunately the simple fact is we had a very poorly assembled bloated squad on the decline that needed a massive rebuild
Now things look better but we still need to add to it with the right players to honestly say we have a genuine top 4 level squad.

Yes we could get top 4 but we are not favourites & 6th is probably more realistic tbf.
After Spuds loss yesterday (has St. Totteringham's Day come early this year?), 538 now rates us as the favourites to finish 4th with 40% odds. Let's go beat wolves and get into CL!

Attachments

• gunners.png
    gunners.png
    242.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
The ****ness of the Sp**s squad outweighs it.

Seriously tho, a coach can only do so much, unless Kane and Son go super Saiyan for the remainder of the season I don't see why they should be finishing above us.

Besides A-M assures me that people are overhyping Sp**s anyways.

Finally he sees the light. I’m proud.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The ****ness of the Sp**s squad outweighs it.

Seriously tho, a coach can only do so much, unless Kane and Son go super Saiyan for the remainder of the season I don't see why they should be finishing above us.

Besides A-M assures me that people are overhyping Sp**s anyways.

Kane is sneakily having an appalling season.

The guy has less goals than Edouard, Ivan Toney and Neal Maupay ffs.

Kav

Established Member
Lets hope not 🤞

Many seem to have an agenda though & if we lose will always blame the manager.

However If Sp**s lose its always down to the players.
The fact they were in Champions league final only a couple of years back & have been above us for half a decade is conveniently not relevant. :rolleyes: 🤔
How many of their current players were in that team though? I can only think of Kane, Son, Moura, and Lloris at the moment. Dier has always been crappy and Alli has been gassed for a while. Hardly the the same team.

Goonger

We should have a points target for the year and I doubt we are above our mid year goal currently; it's just teams like Utd are way below their expected points that has given us a chance for top 4.

I set 70 points as a target for this season. That's a 9 point improvement on last year's **** show. By the half way stage of the season we were exactly on target for that. We've lost a couple of games since then so we need to make that up. Get to 70 points and that will be top 4 guaranteed now.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
How many of their current players were in that team though? I can only think of Kane, Son, Moura, and Lloris at the moment. Dier has always been crappy and Alli has been gassed for a while. Hardly the the same team.
Fair point but all teams change i would say the front 3 have always been their spearhead . , Winks was still there , Dier gets a lot of stick but aint as bad as people think.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Today result is huge for European football either CL or EL. Build good cap between us and wolves. What we need to do now keep getting results specially away from home because results like today is vital for top 4 finish

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Our next 8 games (Sp**s game might come in between):

Brentford (H)
Wolves (H)
Watford (A)
Leicester (H)
Aston Villa (A)
Crystal Palace (A)
Brighton (H)
Southampton (A)

Need a lot of points (20/24 maybe) to have a gap with the rest and set us up for the tough games later

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Latest posts

Top Bottom