• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Imagine if our manager didn't have a personality disorder so we at least had the likes of Guendouzi and AMN as options to fill in rather than relying on Lokonga and being one Xhaka brain fart away from having literally no midfield. 🤦‍♂️ Top 4 almost certainly down the drain because of one man's ego. 🤮

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Imagine if our manager didn't have a personality disorder so we at least had the likes of Guendouzi and AMN as options to fill in rather than relying on Lokonga and being one Xhaka brain fart away from having literally no midfield. 🤦‍♂️ Top 4 almost certainly down the drain because of one man's ego. 🤮
So you want to keep Guendouzi AMN Elneny and we already add Lokonga too without European football? When they'll play? You know Lokonga never seen minute of football since January when xhaka and Partey are fit. Without European football you don't need 25 man squad.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
****, this is a blow.

Unless we can replicate Partey to some degree at the base of midfield, we could be out now. Really unfortunate.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
****, this is a blow.

Unless we can replicate Partey to some degree at the base of midfield, we could be out now. Really unfortunate.
We need to switch the formation from 433 to a basic 4231 mean xhaka can't be number 8 anymore and Ødegaard back play as number 10. Big blow but Lokonga did well before but i hope we won't keep play 433 from now on without Partey and Tierney is going to be struggle.

Batman

So you want to keep Guendouzi AMN Elneny and we already add Lokonga too without European football? When they'll play? You know Lokonga never seen minute of football since January when xhaka and Partey are fit. Without European football you don't need 25 man squad.
Cream rises to the top. I don't give a damn who doesn't get minutes. I want enough depth that anyone getting minutes has enough quality to do a job. Everyone and their dog knows that Partey picks up injuries and Xhaka picks up cards. It's better to have too much depth and some unhappy players than it is to have not enough depth and miss out on the CL. If you recall, we couldn't field a team because we didn't have enough fit players and then we still went and sent players out on loan and transfer. It doesn't matter how many competitions we're in, injuries are a part of the game and to leave ourselves so short to where we already play without a striker and are essentially one more injury away from having no midfield is negligent and stupid.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

If Xhaka can be the leader we need now, help us (and his younger partner, Lokonga) to Champions League football next season...then all his issues/mistakes in the past should be forgotten, imo.

With Partey possibly missing the rest of the season, massive chance for Granit to really win the fanbase back over.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Cream rises to the top. I don't give a damn who doesn't get minutes. I want enough depth that anyone getting minutes has enough quality to do a job. Everyone and their dog knows that Partey picks up injuries and Xhaka picks up cards. It's better to have too much depth and some unhappy players than it is to have not enough depth and miss out on the CL. If you recall, we couldn't field a team because we didn't have enough fit players and then we still went and sent players out on loan and transfer. It doesn't matter how many competitions we're in, injuries are a part of the game and to leave ourselves so short to where we already play without a striker and are essentially one more injury away from having no midfield is negligent and stupid.
I understand but players won't be happy stay on bench waiting for one to to get injured so they'll have opportunity that's why AMN and Guendouzi wanted to go somewhere else. Same you can say about Saliba me too i want us to have top depth but without European football that'll never happen unfortunately

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Have to agree here. It’s not even Guendouzi that I’m fussed about but the minimum we should have done is kept AMN until the end of the season and then given him his chance to move elsewhere during the next window.

There was no logic in keeping him until January, if he wasn’t in Arteta’s plans in the first place. Same thing with Auba tbh. I know it was roughly the festive season but you can’t be handing out free gifts mid season when you’re broke.

Pop Tart

Established Member
If Xhaka can be the leader we need now, help us (and his younger partner, Lokonga) to Champions League football next season...then all his issues/mistakes in the past should be forgotten, imo.

With Partey possibly missing the rest of the season, massive chance for Granit to really win the fanbase back over.
he is one red card from being a **** again, he is due one. He is no leader not for a club anyway.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

There’s only one man who can lead us back to the CL from this perilous position. The true captain of Arsenal, I don’t even need to say his name.

Batman

I understand but players won't be happy stay on bench waiting for one to to get injured so they'll have opportunity that's why AMN and Guendouzi wanted to go somewhere else. Same you can say about Saliba me too i want us to have top depth but without European football that'll never happen unfortunately
But that's a job for the manager to be able to come up with a system that doesn't rely on having his first XI available every match. Even without European football, a good manager can rotate his players and keep them fresh while still offering opportunities and in a perfect world your unhappy players are the ones being pushed out because they're being outperformed by those who are playing. The fact that the only players we have on the bench are players who have been happy being on the bench is exactly why we're in big trouble as relates to top 4. This idea that players being unhappy at not playing as much as they want is the end of the world is not true. There are unhappy players at City and Liverpool and they come in and keep those teams running at near their peak level when called upon. That's what I'm advocating for here because injuries are a reality of life and when you know your margins to make the CL are razor thin, you cannot just be giving away your cover over personality conflicts. Even if the results have been a bit better on the pitch, this is now every season that we are paying a price for Arteta totally failing to mature as a man manager and frankly even if we make the CL and now have more money and a better profile to attract bigger players, those players will have bigger egos and we'll run into more problems with him not being able to humble himself for the good of the team and be less combative.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
The most depressing thing is he can’t be relied upon to be a injury free in the 1st 11.

So are we looking at needing 2 cms in the summer now?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If the following happens, the fight for top four is done.

1) Lokonga into the Partey role. He can't do it yet. Simple.
2) Xhaka at left back. Bound to give away penalties and get sent off. Lokonga also can't play in midfield by himself.
3) Elneny starting. Literally pointless.

Play Lokonga next to Xhaka and a two true 6's or go back 3.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Arsenal have set a deadline of two weeks to complete the signing of Benjamin Šeško [Sky Germany]

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is expecting an offer from Arsenal [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom