• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

You say you're an Atletico fan, but what is the basis for this?

First season he played 435 league minutes. Second season 627 league minutes. Third season 2380 league minutes. Fourth season 2064 league minutes. Fifth season 2551 league minutes.

3420 league minutes is maximum if a player plays 38 games 90 minutes each. So even his last season he only played 75% of maximum league minutes. Second to last season he played 60% of maximum league minutes.

On average he has played about 363 European cup minutes per season in his time at Atletico. That's like 4x of full 90 minute games on average. Copa del Rey minutes have been like 1-2x 90 minute games per season.

I remember having to correct you about this matter earlier too. Not sure why you say so when it's clear that with those minutes he can't in any way have been "ran to the ground by Simeone".

Also he is soon 29 years old, which is the prime age for a player. Can't see how this is the reason for him to get injured, when he hasn't even been ran to the ground in his career, but has always played moderately.

To my memory the only time he missed games was due to suspension. I seem to remember him playing in almost every league game the last few years.

Simeone substitutes midfielders quite a lot but most games he was in there for us.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Huge blow this- monumental even.

Indispensable to the way we play and have performed of late.

Sambi… if there was ever a time to come of age…

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

#

Mikel Arteta has revealed Arsenal are “not very optimistic” about the possibility of Thomas Partey playing again this season.

Partey, 28, has been assessed this week after the Ghana international sustained a thigh injury during Arsenal’s 3-0 loss at Crystal Palace on April 4.

The Athletic reported last week that Partey was expected to be out for the next few weeks with his thigh problem.

Arsenal have eight games to play in the Premier League with Arteta’s side battling it out for a top-four spot but it seems unlikely the Spaniard will be able to call on Partey's services.

Arteta, speaking ahead of Arsenal’s trip to Southampton on Saturday, said: “The news we got after having an assessment is not great.

“It’s not looking very positive for his availability this season, but we’ll have to wait and see. He’s trying to get back as quickly as possible but at the moment we are not very optimistic about it.

“The moment is not ideal. We knew towards the end of the season one of the key elements was going to be having the team available as much as possible. We have a few issues with him and (Takehiro) Tomiyasu, but we have to continue to compete.”

The Arsenal manager is hoping captain Alexandre Lacazette is available for selection despite there being doubts over his availability.

Arteta added: “Obviously, there are private reasons that I cannot comment on but I have no other team news to give apart from the guys that we have discussed.

“We will see if he’s available. There’s a good possibility that that's the case.”

Tomiyasu and Kieran Tierney remain sidelined.

(Photo: David Price/Arsenal FC via Getty Images)

Are Arsenal prepared for Partey's absence?​

Following a January transfer window where Arsenal did not sign a single player, they are light in terms of quality and experience in midfield.

Albert Sambi Lokonga was used in Partey’s absence against Brighton, but does not have the experience of the Ghana international to withstand pressure as calmly.

Granit Xhaka was moved to left-back against Brighton, but as one of Arteta’s more influential players, could be moved back into midfield to aid Lokonga.

Mohamed Elneny is another option, but has not featured since a six-minute cameo against Manchester City on New Year’s Day.

Given Partey’s importance to Arsenal both on and off the ball, the main dilemma facing Arteta will be whether to stick with his recent 4-3-3 shape, or give his midfield more protection.

CountChocula

It's telling how important Partey is to our team. We have only scored 1 goal (off a deflection) in 2 games since Partey has gotten hurt. Back to playing U-shaped **** without this guy's passes through the middle.

Pop Tart

Established Member
It's telling how important Partey is to our team. We have only scored 1 goal (off a deflection) in 2 games since Partey has gotten hurt. Back to playing U-shaped **** without this guy's passes through the middle.
dude is **** anyway, few games in a row post african cup is not going to to do it. been dogshit apart from man u away last term. injury prone too. sell this ****

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I should name and shame each of you who disrespected Uncle Thomas. I’ve been hearing wack opinions like “Cellabos was better”, “he lied about his age”, “Xhaka is better”, “Lokonga is better”, “AMN is a better CM”. Etc etc.

On a serious note. Arteta’s failure to fix the midfield means Partey has become our single point of failure. Our 433/diamond system depends on Partey. I am not going to draw out every summer signing but was £50 million on Ben White necessary? Could we have sold Xhaka and gone for another Partey-like midfielder? A Bissouma or Kondogbia for instance. Look this has been a long issue with Arsenal. We don’t support our better players and they often get injured or demotivated trying to carry the team. You don’t think it’s weird how involved a defensive midfielder is in every aspect to our play? Partey is involved in build up play, attacking play, defending, counter attacks etc.

mpower2540

I should name and shame each of you who disrespected Uncle Thomas. I’ve been hearing wack opinions like “Cellabos was better”, “he lied about his age”, “Xhaka is better”, “Lokonga is better”, “AMN is a better CM”. Etc etc.

On a serious note. Arteta’s failure to fix the midfield means Partey has become our single point of failure. Our 433/diamond system depends on Partey. I am not going to draw out every summer signing but was £50 million on Ben White necessary? Could we have sold Xhaka and gone for another Partey-like midfielder? A Bissouma or Kondogbia for instance. Look this has been a long issue with Arsenal. We don’t support our better players and they often get injured or demotivated trying to carry the team. You don’t think it’s weird how involved a defensive midfielder is in every aspect to our play? Partey is involved in build up play, attacking play, defending, counter attacks etc.
Couldn't agree more. We love overburdening players here.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It only happen to us these things he key player sure but shouldn't collapse because he got injured. Shouldn't be the case club that want to get 4th ffs

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
Most valuable player in the team if you think of it as value over replacement. We look like a mid-table team without him.

It was said whilst we were in good form, his performances as the lone 6 were simply immeasurable. We look half the side without him. Not just his physical presence and athleticism, he has quick feed and is brilliant at feeding the ball between the lines.

The one irreplaceable player we have gets injured. Typical Arsenal luck.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
It was said whilst we were in good form, his performances as the lone 6 were simply immeasurable. We look half the side without him. Not just his physical presence and athleticism, he has quick feed and is brilliant at feeding the ball between the lines.

The one irreplaceable player we have gets injured. Typical Arsenal luck.
He was fit when we were completely destroyed by Palace, some would say he was our worst player. I agree that he is unplayable on his day, but boy he has off days far too often and nobody is there to rotate when needed while Xhaka is only hiding behind him

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
He was fit when we were completely destroyed by Palace, some would say he was our worst player. I agree that he is unplayable on his day, but boy he has off days far too often and nobody is there to rotate when needed while Xhaka is only hiding behind him

Yeah he was terrible against Palace tbf. Gave the ball away a ridiculous amount of times. That kind of performance was few and far between for him as of late though.

But yeah, definitely need more depth in his position. Sadly he’s caught the Arsenal bug of getting injured every so often. Need proper cover.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom