• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If the following happens, the fight for top four is done.

1) Lokonga into the Partey role. He can't do it yet. Simple.
2) Xhaka at left back. Bound to give away penalties and get sent off. Lokonga also can't play in midfield by himself.
3) Elneny starting. Literally pointless.

Play Lokonga next to Xhaka and a two true 6's or go back 3.
Probably best back 3 and hope to win games 1 0. We can't seem to score enough goals and the back 3 should compensate for Parteys loss. White, Holding (until Tomi is back), Gabriel can focus on defending and let the likes of Saka RWB and Tavares LWB attack like mad.

Sounds easy like but need to try something different.

Would also allow for Martinelli and Laca to play closer together and then Pepe could come on for either of them and wouldn't have too many defensive duties to worry about and has a goal in him.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
You only posted this guy knowing me and some others would start cussing init :lol:

He's such a tosser man.
Some Doctors are so arrogant (if this guy is even legit) I had one that got mad at me for using the word oesophagus and knowing some medical terms.

From that day I always been wary of their egos and how they think they know better.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Some Doctors are so arrogant (if this guy is even legit) I had one that got mad at me for using the word oesophagus and knowing some medical terms.

From that day I always been wary of their egos and how they think they know better.
He's not even a medical doctor. He probably has a PhD in physiotherapy, hence the "DPT" title

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hes a top player but the injuries now are a joke. I'd say GK/CB/DM are the positions you need real solid players that can provide continuity and that can play 50 games a season, so his constant injuries are a big issue. Look at all of the other top guys, Rodri/Fabinho/Rice ect, all very rarely injured.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

His tendency to pick up knocks makes me uneasy, Tierney too.

With no Europe to contend with we should've been able to field our strongest 11 in at least 30 games.

Yet these two will only have around 45 league starts between them. Is it right to rely on them?

Think it’s a consequence of getting older for him now.

Think Simeone somewhat ran him into the ground. Was an iron man for us.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Not just the injuries but just when you think he's turned a corner and showed everyone the midfielder he can be he has another game where he can barely pass a ball.

He's got all the attributes in the world to protect a defence but when he's poor the back 4 have a very hard job on their hands. That's happened quite a lot, more often earlier in the season. He and Xhaka where almost non existent at Palace.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not just the injuries but just when you think he's turned a corner and showed everyone the midfielder he can be he has another game where he can barely pass a ball.

He's shown he's got all the attributes in the world to protect a defence but when he's poor the back 4 have a very hard job on there hands. He and Xhaka where almost non existent at Palace.

I think that Palace game was a one off tbh. Basically everyone had a shocker, I thought Ødegaard was just as bad if not worse.

We've seen Parteys level against City and Liverpool, I'm just really concerned about these injuries now. If he can't stay fit in a season where we have 45 odd games how is he going to cope when we're in Europe?

I love him as a player but it's coming to the stage where if someone offers us the money we paid for him, you'd have to consider it.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think that Palace game was a one off tbh. Basically everyone had a shocker, I thought Ødegaard was just as bad if not worse.

We've seen Parteys level against City and Liverpool, I'm just really concerned about these injuries now. If he can't stay fit in a season where we have 45 odd games how is he going to cope when we're in Europe?

I love him as a player but it's coming to the stage where if someone offers us the money we paid for him, you'd have to consider it.

No doubt he's a fantastic player but I think it shows in our play when he has an off day how much we struggle. Ødegaard was poor as well but I felt he seemed like the only one in midfield who at least looked like he was up for it, well until we went 2-0 down anyway.

Partey's had to many games for me in his time here where it's almost as though he can't be arsed or is half asleep or something. That's really frustrating for me as I'm a huge fan of him, even before he came here. Granted I'm not watching Liverpool every week but someone like Fabinho doesn't seem to have any off days when I've seen him.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
His tendency to pick up knocks makes me uneasy, Tierney too.

With no Europe to contend with we should've been able to field our strongest 11 in at least 30 games.

Yet these two will only have around 45 league starts between them. Is it right to rely on them?
Unfortunately we can’t rely on them if we are too try push on.

It’s unsustainable.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Yeah these injuries are concerning, and we need to address this in the window.

Excellent player when in full swing, but we need fitness as well if we want to compete. Arteta should be looking at this position in the summer now.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He's got all the attributes in the world to protect a defence but when he's poor the back 4 have a very hard job on their hands. That's happened quite a lot, more often earlier in the season. He and Xhaka where almost non existent at Palace.
Massive disappointment overall and we're two seasons in now.

Like him but also kind of hate him, also hate how the manager has created a system that's so reliant on an unreliable player. eurgh. Fabinho doesn't have off days like you said and even though he's clearly a starter Liverpool don't fall to pieces without him either.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Massive disappointment overall and we're two seasons in now.

Like him but also kind of hate him, also hate how the manager has created a system that's so reliant on an unreliable player. eurgh. Fabinho doesn't have off days like you said and even though he's clearly a starter Liverpool don't fall to pieces without him either.

Like I said I think he's a fantastic player and when it all clicks we look a brilliant team.

We've a young defence though, who've done really well on the most part, sure they've made mistakes along the way, but we're looking for Partey right now and to a lesser extent Xhaka to do all they can to make their jobs easier as the more experienced part of our side. We get overun quite a lot in midfield for a team trying to get to the top.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Think it’s a consequence of getting older for him now.

Think Simeone somewhat ran him into the ground. Was an iron man for us.
You say you're an Atletico fan, but what is the basis for this?

First season he played 435 league minutes. Second season 627 league minutes. Third season 2380 league minutes. Fourth season 2064 league minutes. Fifth season 2551 league minutes.

3420 league minutes is maximum if a player plays 38 games 90 minutes each. So even his last season he only played 75% of maximum league minutes. Second to last season he played 60% of maximum league minutes.

On average he has played about 363 European cup minutes per season in his time at Atletico. That's like 4x of full 90 minute games on average. Copa del Rey minutes have been like 1-2x 90 minute games per season.

I remember having to correct you about this matter earlier too. Not sure why you say so when it's clear that with those minutes he can't in any way have been "ran to the ground by Simeone".

Also he is soon 29 years old, which is the prime age for a player. Can't see how this is the reason for him to get injured, when he hasn't even been ran to the ground in his career, but has always played moderately.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom