• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
:lol:

You had a fair enough point anyways just messing with you as you can tell. I guess "nothings changed" is too far.

However, there is strong irony for me in seeing Xhaka or Saka back at LB with all the money spent and personnel in and out the club that's all.
We’re paying in cash for years of poor transfer decision making (some of which happened under mikel) particularly in the sales department. The hope is we won’t have to keep on spending like this after the next couple windows, at least that’s my hope.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Always said it on my end tbh. Are we really meant to believe that Di Matteo is a better manager than Wenger?

I mean we were a John Terry slip away from Avram Grant winning the CL ffs. Even Mourinho only managed to win it when he was the underdog.

Pep’s made one final since 2011 as well with all his spending power.
I think your team still needs to be at a certain level before the luck element kicks in. There's a reason why we've never even come close to winning it since 06.

I've always said as a manager with CL aspirations your job is to get to a level where you can regularly get past the round of 16. After that it's mostly luck, not sure about 90% but yeah.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

If we aren't expected to win Mikel might as well get his galaxy brain sh*t off why not?

Listen I tried to tell your m8 Trilly I'm all for free hits but he didn't have the vision, he thought points against Pool was the litmus test when it's actually this stretch.
I tried telling you this, but you was trying to see 3 points as a sign of real progress instead of the free hit against Liverpool - didn't have the vision.

Now lookatchu, you'd take top 4 any how now init?
What you talking about you poomplex?!
Well if we got some points off pool then maybe one loss to Palace wouldn't have you and your Assna mates in a frenzy. You seen the race for top four thread? Pathetic stuff all around, even from that **** who goes around responding to everyone who doesn't rate Arteta with clown reactions. You poomplex

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

What you talking about you poomplex?!
Well if we got some points off pool then maybe one loss to Palace wouldn't have you and your Assna mates in a frenzy. You seen the race for top four thread? Pathetic stuff all around, even from that **** who goes around responding to everyone who doesn't rate Arteta with clown reactions. You poomplex
:lol: I had quotes coming for you from that time you were saying Liverpool win would be a sign of progress and I said shotop and take the free hit.

Who's doing the clown emoji?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
No thanks because people are going to put us missing out on the top four solely on him. I'm going to end up getting banned and only God knows how @Macho will react to that.

Nah, it's end of season Pepe time.

He'll drive us to 3rd place and hit double figures in last 9 matches, including a hat trick against Sp**s that guarantees top 4.

Arteta bins him off to St Etienne for £6m in the summer and yourself and Macho become the first two confirmed cases of spontaneous human combustion 🤣🤣

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

lol you could have left that in general, I had quotes coming for you from that time you were saying Liverpool win would be a sign of progress and I said shotop and take the free hit.

Who's doing the clown emoji?
Boontheloon or suttin like that.

I stand by what I said though. Almost every week I see half decent teams create a few good chances (and even score! 😱) against Liverpool yet I'm expected to get gassed because we trouble them a bit more in the middle third.

Anyway I've changed my tune recently. I'll wait for next season for my progress, I just want that CL money by any means necessary. If only we didn't free hit 18 points a season eh, you man would be breathing a lot easier rn.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think your team still needs to be at a certain level before the luck element kicks in. There's a reason why we've never even come close to winning it since 06.

I've always said as a manager with CL aspirations your job is to get to a level where you can regularly get past the round of 16. After that it's mostly luck, not sure about 90% but yeah.

So was Wenger a failure then post 2011?

Felt we had some sh*tty luck with draws where we could’ve have faced a Sporting or a Leverkusen instead of Bayern and Barcelona continually.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

So was Wenger a failure then post 2011?

Felt we had some sh*tty luck with draws where we could’ve have faced a Sporting or a Leverkusen instead of Bayern and Barcelona continually.
We were super unlucky to keep getting Bayern and Barca tbh...like extremely unlucky but we had our chance with Monaco and failed that too.

It's a bit of a sweeping statement but yeah, need to get to that last eight standard and we just weren't there were we. How many last eights do you think we could have got to if we didn't keep drawing Barca and Bayern?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Was our PL game at Anfield regarded as a "free hit"? If so, why didn’t Teta start with AMN in midfield after he was coming off a MOTM performance in the game prior to that…

🤔

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We were super unlucky to keep getting Bayern and Barca tbh...like extremely unlucky but we had our chance with Monaco and failed that too.

It's a bit of a sweeping statement but yeah, need to get to that last eight standard and we just weren't there were we. How many last eights do you think we could have got to if we didn't keep drawing Barca and Bayern?

A few. In 2011 and 2013 we pushed the eventual champions closer than any other team really did tbh.

It’s impossible to set reasonable goals in the CL because you can even get a group with Napoli and Klopp-era Dortmund like we did.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Cl’s a cup competition, you can jam your way to cup competitions. All games considered, which is quite a few, Chelsea have been patchy under Tuchel. He’s an excellent coach, Chelsea are only decent though and only have a decent squad.
You can certainly jam your way to the odd cup win, but 7 FA Cups and 20 top 4, no matter what your spend, shows consistency on another level.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I do think this argument is useless though. Over here we deal with binaries. Arteta is either a god or completely useless. The response to anything will be completely based on whether that the person making the argument is classified as an "Artetasexual" or an "hater".
Never seen any post that says Arteta is completely useless. Have you got a link?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Boontheloon or suttin like that.

I stand by what I said though. Almost every week I see half decent teams create a few good chances (and even score! 😱) against Liverpool yet I'm expected to get gassed because we trouble them a bit more in the middle third.

Anyway I've changed my tune recently. I'll wait for next season for my progress, I just want that CL money by any means necessary. If only we didn't free hit 18 points a season eh, you man would be breathing a lot easier rn.

I’ve never understood this “free hit” stuff, personally. A team like West Ham can go to Anfield and make the likes of VVD, Konate etc look pretty average yet some on here get shook whenever they hear City, Liverpool or Chelsea.

The “free hit” mob need to watch this:

Antonio, Lanzini and Fornals all should have buried their one on ones. The likes of Liverpool and City can be exposed.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
I’ve never understood this “free hit” stuff, personally. A team like West Ham can go to Anfield and make the likes of VVD, Konate etc look pretty average yet some on here get shook whenever they hear City, Liverpool or Chelsea.

The “free hit” mob need to watch this:

Antonio, Lanzini and Fornals all should have buried their one on ones. The likes of Liverpool and City can be exposed.
Personally, I fancied us less against the big teams this season than last from the start. The reason is because we're now looking to systematically dominate these teams which I think is approach we should focus on for long term improvement. But to do that to these teams you have to be very, very good; playing a more counter attacking style probably had a greater chance of getting us return in these games tbh. We were more dangerous to these teams in the cup run and last season even though we're a better team now.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

lol yeah a bit strange you'd ask about fledgling Balogun instead of a whole Aubameyang but I don't feel like putting the tin foil hat on today.

blrgooner

Established Member
Never seen any post that says Arteta is completely useless. Have you got a link?
Not many say that he is god either. Of course i was exxagerating. But the point that some people went on and on about comparison between arteta and klopp when that was never the point indicates that people were responding to their idea of the category which they put the poster in rather than the post itself.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom