• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Still won it though.:lol:

Ranieri won the Premier League. Doesn’t mean we should hire him.

CL is 90% luck. Four rounds of unseeded knockout competitions with two legs.

If John Terry didn’t fall over and Sheringham hit the post in 99 would that have made Ferguson a worse manager?

Also Rudiger assassinated De Bruyne in the final.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If John Terry didn’t fall over and Sheringham hit the post in 99 would that have made Ferguson a worse manager?

So what point are you making?

You also think winning the CL isn't that big a deal? Or you take the stance that Arteta's work with Arsenal so far is equal to Tuchel winning the CL?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why are people still comparing the first 18 months of Arteta and Klopp? If the former achieved what the latter did in that time span, he'd have been knighted by the queen ffs.
Making the top 4 and getting to the CL final with guys like Karius, Lovren, Milner, Lallana, Emre Can, etc was fantastic works and those guys won't even start for us.

Meanwhile we have some people here still arguing if a 150m spend is enough to get us top 4 ffs

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Why are people still comparing the first 18 months of Arteta and Klopp? If the former achieved what the latter did in that time span, he'd have been knighted by the queen ffs.
Making the top 4 and getting to the CL final with guys like Karius, Lovren, Milner, Lallana, Emre Can, etc was fantastic works and those guys won't even start for us.

Meanwhile we have some people here still arguing if a 150m spend is enough to get us top 4 ffs

Also, Emery already had Saka in the team before Arteta arrived and everyone could see how talented he was. Just like Teta has brought ESR into the team, it’s not like Klopp hasn’t done the same with their talents. He threw TAA for his full debut away at Old Trafford and it paid off big time for him. He’s also given games in the PL to the likes of Harvey Elliot, Williams and Jones.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Also, Emery already had Saka in the team before Arteta arrived and everyone could see how talented he was. Just like Teta has brought ESR into the team, it’s not like Klopp hasn’t done the same with their talents. He threw TAA for his full debut away at Old Trafford and it paid off big time for him. He’s also given games in the PL to the likes of Harvey Elliot, Williams and Jones.
Even ESR got his debut under Unai in 18/19 and he even saw a reasonable amount of game time that season before going on loan.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Imagine saying the CL is 90% luck back just a few years ago. Mentioning luck or injuries got you hunted down and buttered in novichok. :lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Imagine saying the CL is 90% luck back just a few years ago. Mentioning luck or injuries got you hunted down and buttered in novichok. :lol:

Not winning the CL is a constant stick used to beat Wenger, didn't matter that we were the best side in 06 and luck went against us in the final. Or robbed Vs Liverpool and Barca in 08 and 11 respectively. Or the few times we went out on away goals only the change the rule as soon as Wenger retired. No one wanted to hear about luck in regards to all that.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Even ESR got his debut under Unai in 18/19 and he even saw a reasonable amount of game time that season before going on loan.

In Freddie's final game he played all the kids and dropped some of the senior boys but it'd take Arteta a long time before he'd start really showing faith in some of the same lads. Hmmm...

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I would have rather made the top four and then worried about sterner tests and all that but this is probably the biggest test he's had in his career. For the first time ever I'd say he has some expectations, most fans have bought into making it into the CL and a lot will cool off on him if he doesn't make it imo.
I tried telling you this, but you was trying to see 3 points as a sign of real progress instead of the free hit against Liverpool - didn't have the vision.

Now lookatchu, you'd take top 4 any how now init?

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
we are not making top four are we? Sp**s gelling, Tierney and partey out Saka tired. It’s a free hit for me though since it’s bad luck for Arteta
We go again

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

In Freddie's final game he played all the kids and dropped some of the senior boys but it'd take Arteta a long time before he'd start really showing faith in some of the same lads. Hmmm...
The Miktator took too long to introduce ESR as he waited until his hand was really forced. Could have given Martinelli a bit more game time last season as well but cream always rises to the top I guess.

Other than that, I have zero probs with Mikel's approach regarding integrating youth into the starting 11, never have.

Me being Mr ⚖️ again @Trilly I know you want to complain.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Always said it on my end tbh. Are we really meant to believe that Di Matteo is a better manager than Wenger?

I mean we were a John Terry slip away from Avram Grant winning the CL ffs. Even Mourinho only managed to win it when he was the underdog.

Pep’s made one final since 2011 as well with all his spending power.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

we are not making top four are we? Sp**s gelling, Tierney and partey out Saka tired. It’s a free hit for me though since it’s bad luck for Arteta
We go again
It just feels bad because we lost and they won emphatically. Just have to see how tomorrow goes and good vibes will be back. Obviously if tomorrow doesn’t go well then we can panic..

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We go again

Kinda like how Sp**s were "gelling" at the Etihad, only to lose to Burnley the next week?

Just watch us all lose apart from Man United tomorrow. Then who are the favourites?

Lots to play for, what matters tomorrow are three points and a solid performance, nothing else.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Always said it on my end tbh. Are we really meant to believe that Di Matteo is a better manager than Wenger?

I mean we were a John Terry slip away from Avram Grant winning the CL ffs. Even Mourinho only managed to win it when he was the underdog.

Pep’s made one final since 2011 as well with all his spending power.
Preaching to the converted bro. :lol: Spot on.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Cl’s a cup competition, you can jam your way to cup competitions. All games considered, which is quite a few, Chelsea have been patchy under Tuchel. He’s an excellent coach, Chelsea are only decent though and only have a decent squad.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakub Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Arsenal enquire about £17m-rated Barcelona defender Mikayil Faye [MailSport]

Latest posts

Top Bottom