• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not sure if there’s an actual quote in here but:
Think he said it when he first joined. Next season is going to be all or nothing literally. They’re going to spend big again in the summer to complete the rebuild and they’ll expect fourth minimum.

Reactions: A_G

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Did Arteta really say we should expect 4th in November?

Feel him and Edu have always been very vague in their aims, to avoid any pressure on themselves.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I remember that 🤣

This loser mentality has been ingrained at all levels of our football club. The biggest sheep here are the fans that are buying into this.
The interview that made me Edu/Arteta out. During that time Arteta was really downplaying the team as well. They are absolute crocks and refuse to set goals for the team

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Think he said it when he first joined. Next season is going to be all or nothing literally. They’re going to spend big again in the summer to complete the rebuild and they’ll expect fourth minimum.

I mean Arteta told Willian he wanted to win the Champions League in three years :lol:

That timeline’s already f*cked because we’re probably not even making CL for three years.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If we get Top 6 again next season, I will be shocked if Arteta gets sacked over not making Top 4.

I don't think Stan would have sacked Arsène or Emery either, without the other people on the board (Ivan for Arsène and Josh for Unai) pushing for it...Arteta is Josh's guy, while Edu and Vinai are too worried about keeping their own jobs to rock the boat with Mikel...I don't see the drive in the club, to get us back to Top 4.

Think Stan will be happy, as long as Mikel keeps us in Europe...think the reason we spent so much last summer, was just to get back in the Top 6...not sure we will push on from here, but hope we do.

Just worried about the expectations at the club now...who is really pushing us on from the board?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Did Arteta really say we should expect 4th in November?

Feel him and Edu have always been very vague in their aims, to avoid any pressure on themselves.
That’s always been the issue. They always refused to set any goals because they don’t want to answer to anyone. The worst part is even the media do t treat Arsenal as a big club. Chelsea gets far more scrutiny for the slightest failure

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
More great quotes from Arteta.

"You have two types of people: fighters and victims, you need fighters and you don't want any victims." - Arteta

"Last year we won against Everton with a 25% chance of winning, you win 3-2. Last weekend, it was a 67% chance of winning, any Premier League game in history, and a 9% chance of losing, and you lose. 3% against Burnley and you lose, 7% against Sp**s, and you lose." - Arteta

"I think it's first time in the PL that we put 33 crosses. I'm telling you that if we do that more consistently we're going to score more goals. If we put the bodies we had in certain moments in the box, it's maths, pure maths & it will happen" - Arteta

“The way I see myself in that relationship is the solution, not the problem." - Arteta

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

They are men who are absolute physical specimens
andre lotterer oops GIF by ABB Formula E

Must…not…tag…Ri-

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I was listening to the Legrove podcast and they made the really good point that Alexis Sanchez lost the ball all of the time, and probably wouldn't be a player that Arteta would play or like much lol.
How can someone back a manager while also acknowledging that one of our best players in recent years would struggle under him.

I just don’t get it.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004

Latest posts

Top Bottom