• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I was confident we would win. Chelsea were tired, terrible home form, nothing to play for and Tuchel heavily rotated the team.

It was pretty obvious, as Chelsea loves to bottle against us and we had our backs against the wall.

Just find it funny that both the No Chill Outers and the true Cultist like to disapear and come back whenever we either lose on the trot or manage to get a win back when people write us off.

AM is nothing if not predictable.

I rather be here for every game, win or lose.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Just need to get rid of inconsistency hot/cold form need to be over.

One last push mikel don't f**k up against utd after this please

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
E8srH0vUYAAIVmb.jpg

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
@Baki unsurprisingly none of the haters have responded to this yet 🤣

We're closest to the performance level we were at when Wenger left the club since he left it (and perhaps at it or better after tonight), and far better than the level Em*ry brought us back to. Of course that is something to celebrate. The club is finally moving in the right direction this season and building a project worth following, instead of watching the club move further and further backwards.

It’s because you’re using bullshit stats (expected points 😂😂) and it’s clear you’re so far up his arse there’s no point having a civil debate with you. You’ve gone full cult. At the end of the day, he’s tracking ahead by 4 points from our dreadful last season despite playing 1 game a week and spending close to $200M.

I will honestly never understand your loyalty to Arteta over Arsenal football club but I’ll also never under Qanon folks or the Jonestown folk. Go drink your kool-aid.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I love everyone on AM right now, even all the fat and ugly people.

Great night for Arsenal!

El Duderino

Back to 8th next season if we get into Europa.

Man, have you tried living in the moment a little? Worry about that next season :lol: We can finish anywhere between 8th and 4th and he will still be the manager, regardless of much I or you might dislike him.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
It’s because you’re using bullshit stats (expected points 😂😂) and it’s clear you’re so far up his arse there’s no point having a civil debate with you. You’ve gone full cult. At the end of the day, he’s tracking ahead by 4 points from our dreadful last season despite playing 1 game a week and spending close to $200M.

I will honestly never understand your loyalty to Arteta over Arsenal football club but I’ll also never under Qanon folks or the Jonestown folk. Go drink your kool-aid.
Yeh, what bullshit, focusing on what actually describes performance level and has predictive value, ie, what a manager can control 🤡 🤪 . What madness!!

Big chances created is a really bad stat to use to predict goals scored in all honesty. So bad that Opta, the company behind most revelations when it comes to stats in sports has decided to remove it from their range of stats.

Big chance is as @Trilly points out a chance where the player is reasonably expected to score because their not under a lot of pressure from defenders and there's a clear path to shoot for goal. Your archetype big chances is one on one with keeper or close to goal without a lot of traffic in between. So basically big chances are high xG chances. Saka missed what was probably a big chance vs Soton. ESR's half hit (and deflected?) shot that was saved by Forster wouldn't count as a big chance, I believe. Both probably had pretty high xG though with Saka's ofc higher.

xG nowadays take in 35 different contextual factors such as position where the finish is taken, whether it's a header or shot, gk position etc. So xG in the end is the end all be all stat to be used when judging a team's or player's goal scoring ability. Then it's also based on averages from tons of data as @AbouCuéllar points out so you should expect world class (attacking) players to outscore their xG on a pretty regular basis.

So what big chances is lacking is that it's a very subjective stat, but also that it doesn't take into account lower quality chances, which will still end up producing goals. To give an example it's probably fairly accurate to say that 10 big chances results in 7 goals whereas 30 half chances (wide player cut in and fires a bit into the penalty area) should reasonably results in 10 goals. So from that perspective you'd rather take the 30 half chances if it came down to picking either or.

So xG becomes a good stat to use to judge the complete picture of what a team should be scoring.

What xG and shots taken tells you is that we take lots of shots that aren't of the best quality. Big chances has really nothing to do with that though. What we could probably derive from big chances is that we're quite bad on the break and use a slow build, which is also supported by the eye test. We simply let opponents get in good defensive shape and then try to find ways to get off shots through combination play. And if you don't have the quality of Man City then you won't get a lot of qualitative chances this way. Case in hand Liverpool who are really good and transitioning play when they conquer the ball and also are running away with big chances. It's no coincidence Sp**s are second here either.

Carry on then, with your rabid dogism and looking for reasons to confirm your bias and a priori hate. :)

El Duderino

Buzzing, btw.

The FA and the Goverment will do everything to save Chelsea, so losing out by out-Arsenaling our Arsenal defense feels delightful.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Man, have you tried living in the moment a little? Worry about that next season :lol: We can finish anywhere between 8th and 4th and he will still be the manager, regardless of much I or you might dislike him.
Always fun watching us beat the chavs. Especially in such a hilarious and embarrassing way. We literally have a pub manager.

….but, it’s hard to get excited about Arsenal when I know for sure that we’re on the road to nowhere. We’re saddling ourselves with debt that we won’t be able to pay off because we’re run by the dumb and dumber trio.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@grange is the only one allowed to gloat right know (I could too, but I am a better fan than most on here, so I would never...) as he stayed.

No one else can return after the last few weeks and be **** stirrers, after their silence!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeh, what bullshit, focusing on what actually describes performance level and has predictive value, ie, what a manager can control 🤡 🤪 . What madness!!

Carry on then, with your rabid dogism and looking for reasons to confirm your bias and a priori hate. :)
Wtf if anything @Sebastes was agreeing with you and disagreeing with me yet you’ve come in here to rub it in his face? That poor

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom