• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighhhhhhhht.........

FQz7FoRX0AUtjMd.jpg

Man that picture cracks me up. That along with he Nuno knee slide were the real mvps of the last two matches.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

An update from crab for xG difference. Still top 4 level when we got bad results while having injuries.

FRSZlJHVsAAx6Ws

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I don't think there's a standout choice for manager of the season.

I suspect it'll probably go to whichever of Pep and Klopp win the league. I'm not saying that would be a poor choice but In neither case could you say they massively overachieved though.

Then you've got Arteta who if we finish 4th has overachieved quite significantly I think. But then is that more based on lowered expectations after underachieving in the league the previous 2 years and virtually everyone strongly underestimating the quality of our ( big spend) summer signings?

Howe spent a lot of money in January but he's performed fantastically but can you give manager of the season based on half a season? I'd say that's dubious.

El Duderino

I don't think there's a standout choice for manager of the season.

I suspect it'll probably go to whichever of Pep and Klopp win the league. I'm not saying that would be a poor choice but In neither case could you say they massively overachieved though.

Then you've got Arteta who if we finish 4th has overachieved quite significantly I think. But then is that more based on lowered expectations after underachieving in the league the previous 2 years and virtually everyone strongly underestimating the quality of our ( big spend) summer signings?

Howe spent a lot of money in January but he's performed fantastically but can you give manager of the season based on half a season? I'd say that's dubious.

Think it has to be either Pep or Kopp unfortunately.

Imagine a title race where both teams in the lead can end up with over 90 points.

Thats some feat, if we're being honest.

El Duderino

This is what annoys me, if we get too 4 consistently now people won’t be mad about it.

The fact is top 4 and a domestic trophy is a good season but Arsène still had to suffer from banners and fans abuse for getting it. Really nasty how he was treated.

Sad it ended like it did, but it had been time to move on way before all that.

I do wonder how Wenger mightve fared with the PR Machine in full tilt, being the charming bastard that he is.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Think it has to be either Pep or Kopp unfortunately.

Imagine a title race where both teams in the lead can end up with over 90 points.

Thats some feat, if we're being honest.

Yeah, it would be. Couldn't argue too much with it.

It seems like generally they want to award it to a mid-lower table manager that has significantly overachieved. If there's no stand out it that category it tends to go to the manager of the champions.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Gibbs calling out this awful fanbase, for the ****s they are.

Looks like Cole has finally been replaced by someone, in the GOAT left back for Arsenal.race!

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

If I read them correctly those are some impressive xG stats!
Yeah. I thought the Palace game would be worse, but it's the same level even with the injuries. That's the bigger dip on the right, but still straight at top 4 level.

Doesn't look good for those who try to suggest Arteta is only a cheque book manager, does it, if he can get top 4 performance level with this team even with injuries and the January window we had?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Yeah. I thought the Palace game would be worse, but it's the same level even with the injuries. That's the bigger dip on the right, but still straight at top 4 level.

Doesn't look good on those who try to suggest Arteta is a cheque book manager, does it, if he can get top 4 performance level with this team even with injuries and the January window we had?
Think many are just reaching just now. Remember that xG was the stick of choice to beat Arteta with for a while! Right now potentially not getting top 4 will be the stick.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Waiting for the jokes about the doctors removing his heart as a child and replacing it with an obsidian, to become such a cold-hearted man. :lol:
The doctors removed his heart and put Buffon's trashcan in there.

Which wouldn't be just as big an issue if they didn't put another one where his brain used to be

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom