• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I tell you one thing I won’t ever do I don’t care how bad it gets, I will not celebrate a Europa league qualification. This season hasn’t been a complete debacle like last year, but it is only marginally better.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Don't know why people are moaning when loads on here never thought we would be anywhere near top 4 this season. We actually had a shout for 3rd place at one point. GET A GRIP!!
Think about it, if united were performing like last season, arsenal wouldn’t be anywhere near top 4 but because United is having their worst season, it only makes sense why this is arsenal best chance to get the top 4. To lose the top 4 by Sp**s (who were like 5 points below arsenal with one game ahead at some point) when United are having their worst season is why people are moaning.

Gunners1616

Btw what was the point of selling Chambers in January for an amount so low he had to hide it ?

This club is so weird... They got rid of AMN and Chambers early in the windows just to end up playing Cedric and Nuno massive minutes when pushing for a CL spot.

Not to mention Auba' who should have stayed given that there was 0 alternatives. Mikel and Edu are just not smart at all. Nobody forced them to take any of these decisions. They can't be trusted.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Pre-Arteta, the squad finished 5th with 70 pts. So you're telling me, after 450M euro investment into the squad (170M during the 2019 summer before Tets), the squad has the same level of quality? If that's the case, are you suggesting Arteta & Edu wasted our transfer funds to stay in the same place (from a squad quality perspective)?

So you don't think Arteta is good enough coach to take a top 5 squad to 4th place (while playing 1 game a week). What makes you think he can get us to 4th place or higher in the future while managing European matches?

I'm all for patience. He's just not the right coach to back. He's already been given ample time and money and has clearly failed.
The whole be patient and rebuild with a manager is so dumb if it’s the wrong manager. It’s destructive and will just hold you back longer. He took over top 5 team, had serious backing and no improvement. Actually he took it back for a while and brought it back to where it was

He used injuries as excuse several times after the game and each time said I don’t want to use it as an excuse. He couldn’t motivate his team in the biggest game of their season and they played with zero passion. He said a team that’s 14th and has nothing to play for was 100 times better than his team today. I just don’t get what people think will happen next season with more games under this manager? Now is the time to part

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
The whole be patient and rebuild with a manager is so dumb if it’s the wrong manager. It’s destructive and will just hold you back longer. He took over top 5 team, had serious backing and no improvement. Actually he took it back for a while and brought it back to where it was

He used injuries as excuse several times after the game and each time said I don’t want to use it as an excuse. He couldn’t motivate his team in the biggest game of their season and they played with zero passion. He said a team that’s 14th and has nothing to play for was 100 times better than his team today. I just don’t get what people think will happen next season with more games under this manager? Now is the time to part
But with a new big cheque... But we all know the board won't sack him with a new contract just signed. We all know this is the reason why he signed before Spuds game and that's why it's even more frustrating. Because it show us that the board doesn't care at all and they are equally idiots and won't change anything. For me, I will stop caring about Arsenal if they don't sack him. I always been a little bit of a closet fan of Real Madrid anyway because I really hate Barcelona. So maybe it's time to watch la Liga instead of PL.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

But with a new big cheque... But we all know the board won't sack him with a new contract just signed. We all know this is the reason why he signed before Spuds game and that's why it's even more frustrating. Because it show us that the board doesn't care at all and they are equally idiots and won't change anything. For me, I will stop caring about Arsenal if they don't sack him. I always been a little bit of a closet fan of Real Madrid anyway because I really hate Barcelona. So maybe it's time to watch la Liga instead of PL.
He won’t finish next season mate. It’s only so long he can hide behind young players and needing time. Pressure will be on from start next season and by Christmas he is gone

Farzad Stoned

He won’t finish next season mate. It’s only so long he can hide behind young players and needing time. Pressure will be on from start next season and by Christmas he is gone
I feel the same way I think we may be closer to the project so to speak coming to an end than many people think, if he gets off to a really bad start next year he will get the sack mid season. I think there are number of highly attainable managers that probably would bend over backwards for the resources Arsenal can offer. viera, Moyes, and the best candidate Potter come to mind. Every time we play his sides they trouble us tactically and fight very hard even in matches we have won

Farzad Stoned

Think about it, if united were performing like last season, arsenal wouldn’t be anywhere near top 4 but because United is having their worst season, it only makes sense why this is arsenal best chance to get the top 4. To lose the top 4 by Sp**s (who were like 5 points below arsenal with one game ahead at some point) when United are having their worst season is why people are moaning.
It’s a giant bottle job mainly by Arteta but also by the players. I am interested as a United Fan would you rather have Fred, Mctominay or Xhaka?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I feel the same way I think we may be closer to the project so to speak coming to an end than many people think, if he gets off to a really bad start next year he will get the sack mid season. I think there are number of highly attainable managers that probably would bend over backwards for the resources Arsenal can offer. viera, Moyes, and the best candidate Potter come to mind. Every time we play his sides they trouble us tactically and fight very hard even in matches we have won
Yeah they thought summer break was gonna make people forget about how Emery team ended the season. But first game of the new season and it was like we were where we finished last one and tension was bad. Emery also didn’t lose to Sp**s which gives fans more ammo. All summer Sp**s fans will be mocking us and Arteta will know start of next season

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Out of curiosity, does anyone know over the last 6 years. Have there been teams that have gone deep in the Europa but also got top 4?

It seems to me that it always ends up like West Ham this season. A gamble between league and Europa league generally ending in failing both.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Still fuming, scrolling through IG to see the picture of Saliba with his award being congratulated underneath by Mbappe, the hottest property in world football. That is who Saliba's peer group will consist of, football royalty. Meanwhile we are watching a Love Island reject and a man with hair made of paint sh*t the bed weekly because our poor excuse for a third world despot Kim Jong Arteta doesn't rate talent as much as subservience.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Btw what was the point of selling Chambers in January for an amount so low he had to hide it ?

This club is so weird... They got rid of AMN and Chambers early in the windows just to end up playing Cedric and Nuno massive minutes when pushing for a CL spot.

Not to mention Auba' who should have stayed given that there was 0 alternatives. Mikel and Edu are just not smart at all. Nobody forced them to take any of these decisions. They can't be trusted.
Even better, neither Lacazette nor Nketiah want to stay so you either need to buy at least 2 strikers or imitate the case of Xhaka where you overpay a player who isn't good enough to stay when they don't really want to. Ed Woodward and Ole have got nothing on Mikel and Edu.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom