• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Haphazard

The ESR

ESR is not that good, you're talking rubbish mate.. 10 PL goals in 21 appearances. Only better player at his age is Phil Foden. So much trash talk with no facts

View attachment 6864

Name me a better young English goalkeeper who we could have bought please... I'll wait....

Ødegaard is currently matching the stats for his best season which was at Real Sociedad. He will mature more next season and will be key for us.
Why buy an English GK at all? Ramsdale is bang average sorry to burst your bubble we would have been the same or even better off with Leno this season

Also ESR is mid table , have you watched him play? Scored a few goals but his overall contribution to midfield? he has poor decision making and vision.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Why buy an English GK at all? Ramsdale is bang average sorry to burst your bubble we would have been the same or even better off with Leno this season

Also ESR is mid table , have you watched him play? Scored a few goals but his overall contribution to midfield? he has poor decision making and vision.

I'm gonna ask you 1 more time. Tell me which of these so called mid-table players of ESR's age (21) have better stats?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
It’s actually crazy. I Might apply to be the CEO of Google today. I mean, why not? If Mikel Arteta can become Arsenal manager with no experience, then do a terrible job and be rewarded for it afterwards, then anything is possible!
It is strange how people get hired in football, probably explains how so many clubs end up wasting massive money

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The way Howe has Newcastle playing in such a short space of time is exceedingly impressive.

Tbh it's the sort of trajectory I expected from Arteta; Newcastle have been expansive against the smaller teams but showing signs of not quite being ready yet (defeats to City and Liverpool).

But it's just been a weird period with Arteta, where I do personally think we've shown promise this season but there's been so much bad stuff as well and it's just taken so long to see anything productive too.

Plus (and excuse my language) this n*gga cannot set up an attack to save his life. We can control games but offensively we still have no clue how to break teams down consistently.

I think that's why we faltered, because against Newcastle we knew that if we conceded just one goal we'd be done, so instead of just attacking them with freedom, we froze in fear.

Sterling, Jesus, Sane, would probably have something to say about Mikel not knowing how to coach an attack I reckon.

Mikel has shown in his short career that he is able to deliver in a short time just like a Howe, Tuchel, Conte. It comes back to the style of football we are committed to playing. Arteta said it when speaking to the women's manager, having tactical tweaks based on the opposition game but ultimately sticking to fundamental playing principles.

What we saw for most parts of this season was us trying to impose our style of play regardless of the opposition. We saw this against City at home, Liverpool at home, Sp**s away, Chelsea away for the most part, as well as United in both legs. This brings in that uncertainty and stop start form experienced.

Would have it been smarter to just play these last few games like we did when we won the FA Cup? Yes, probably so. For me however, its that commitment to playing a certain way, despite it exposing us as it did... which makes me believe in this young manager.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

It is strange how people get hired in football, probably explains how so many clubs end up wasting massive money

It's true in a way, when I observe football clubs sometimes it feels like the ones that make the least worse decisions do alright.

The ones with exceptional planning do very well, but then at the end of the day usually money is the deciding factor regardless.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Still think Arteta can get us Champions League next season, but it will be hard after losing it this year.

But all the real errors are with him and the board for this collapse, the players deserve nothing but our full support as they have pretty much given everything they can (despite some of them not quite having that quality, you would associate with Arsenal)

Provided we add well in the summer, this is a really talented core we have.

teamsoutheast

Saka and Ødegaard have played nearly every minute in the league.

Saka is only 20 still very young to rely on for a whole season and is probably the best young player his age in the EPL. Losing Partey and Tierney was key IMO. Saka and Ødegaard have had good seasons. Our experienced players didn't show up Lacazette, Elneny, Cedric, Xhaka.. When the younger ones outshine your experienced professionals then that's a problem.

• Dislike
Reactions: Kav

Haphazard

I'm gonna ask you 1 more time. Tell me which of these so called mid-table players of ESR's age (21) have better stats?
Scoring a few goals doesn't automatically make you a top talent if you don't contribute to the overall team.

10 goals and 2 assists in 21 games is very good but when crunch time came where was he? did he step up to the plate or did he go missing like everyone else? Stats are not the only indicator of talent.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Still think Arteta can get us Champions League next season, but it will be hard after losing it this season.

But all the real errors are with him and the board for this collapse, the players deserve nothing but our full support as they have pretty much given everything they can (despite some of them not quite having that quality, you would associate with Arsenal)

Provided me add well in the summer, this is a really talented core we have.

100%

We must acknowledge that Arteta and the team threw this away and they deserve the blame, after getting into such a great position.

But once the dust settles, and our ego's subside we will be faced with the real answer to what it meant to lose last night. Are we able to still bring in our number one targets?

Vanpayslip

The way Howe has Newcastle playing in such a short space of time is exceedingly impressive.

Tbh it's the sort of trajectory I expected from Arteta; Newcastle have been expansive against the smaller teams but are showing signs of not quite being ready yet (defeats to City and Liverpool).

But it's just been a weird period with Arteta, where I do personally think we've shown promise this season but there's been so much bad stuff as well and it's just taken so long to see anything productive too.

Plus (and excuse my language) this n*gga cannot set up an attack to save his life. We can control games but offensively we still have no clue how to break teams down consistently.

I think that's why we faltered, because against Newcastle we knew that if we conceded just one goal we'd be done, so instead of just attacking them with freedom, we froze in fear.

Totally agree with this. The difference between Howe and Arteta is that Howe did not go in with the aim of decimating the squad so that he can have his own players 3-4 seasons down the line. He knew what he had, what he could get in Jan and made the most of it in a style of football he has always used.

Problem with Arteta remains that he is in a crisis of his own making. He believes he is the Bentley of managers when he is in fact a belligerent guy who has created more problems than he has solved based purely on ideological grounds for a football ideology that he has plagiarised from others.

teamsoutheast

Scoring a few goals doesn't automatically make you a top talent if you don't contribute to the overall team.

10 goals and 2 assists in 21 games is very good but when crunch time came where was he? did he step up to the plate or did he go missing like everyone else? Stats are not the only indicator of talent.

So scoring against Man Utd at Old Trafford is going missing, Scoring at Stamford Bridge (twice in 2 seasons with last season being the winner) is going missing? Scoring at home against Sp**s is going missing???????? GTFOH with your nonsense.

• Red card

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

What you need to understand is that YOU WILL get erratic performances from young players. Wenger during his tenure always talked about consistency and maturity when blooding the youngsters. Overall, they have outperformed our more senior players who they should beable to turn to when the chips are down. We didn't get enough of that plus an injury to key players at key points in the season to Partey and Tierney didn't help.
So when we signed Luiz and Willian it was these players are over the hill. When we sign young players they need time to develop? Ultimately Arteta approved both of these strategies and has hid behind them.

And i get we have a young squad. But we have a young experienced squad who should be finding consistency. They shouldn't have the rawness of a newly blooded player - and if they do wr need to ask why? Are they really good enough?

Ramsdale (aged 24 - 125 senior appearances before this season)
Tomiyasu (ager 23 - 160 senior appearances before this season)
White (aged 24 - 163)
Gabriel (24 - 128)
Tierney (24 - 232)
Partey (28 - 291)
Xhaka (29 - 421)
Saka (20 - 92)
Ødegaard (23 - 252)
Martinelli (20 - 83)
Lacazette (30 - 445)

Esr (21 - 71)
Sambi (22 - 78)
Tavares ( 22 - 41)
Nketiah ( 22 - 85)

IMO that is a very experienced squad that we started the season with. Nearly every player had played around 3 seasons of senior football. The ones that hadn't had at least 2 seasons worth of games. I accept games do not necessarily translate to minutes so there may be a gap there but there is still involvement and with that experience gained.

Its a false position to hide behind IMO.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Sterling, Jesus, Sane, would probably have something to say about Mikel not knowing how to coach an attack I reckon.

Hmm well those are individuals and I'm more talking about the way we attack in general. I think there's a reason why we've not achieved a high goals for total under Arteta and it's definitely to do with how stagnant our attack looks.

Mikel has shown in his short career that he is able to deliver in a short time just like a Howe, Tuchel, Conte. It comes back to the style of football we are committed to playing. Arteta said it when speaking to the women's manager, having tactical tweaks based on the opposition game but ultimately sticking to fundamental playing principles.

I don't know about that.....it's only really this season that I feel we've finally started to make progress and show consistency with our style of play under Arteta. Before that we had a good FA cup run but the 20/21 season wasn't great overall.

What we saw for most parts of this season was us trying to impose our style of play regardless of the opposition. We saw this against City at home, Liverpool at home, Sp**s away, Chelsea away for the most part, as well as United in both legs. This brings in that uncertainty and stop start form experienced.

Would have it been smarter to just play these last few games like we did when we won the FA Cup? Yes, probably so. For me however, its that commitment to playing a certain way, despite it exposing us as it did... which makes me believe in this young manager.

Well I don't disagree that we've tried to impose our style of play this season, but it did take a season and a half/two seasons to finally get here. Perhaps you can chalk that up to inexperience.

But even then, the impressive thing I saw from our play was the way we controlled games, our offense however still hasn't looked great or particularly fluid consistently. Many of the games this season have been close scorelines and again, if we go behind we seldom have the explosiveness to get goals quickly.

If Arteta can't get us attacking and being able to score a multitude of goals consistently then despite the good I've seen from him I can't really see how we'll ever progress.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Still think Arteta can get us Champions League next season, but it will be hard after losing it this year.
We don't play good football, that's the first thing he needs to sort out and results will come later. Atm, we are just garbage with no real strength and some very obvious issues in buildup play and creating chances. If we ignore the results, can you say you see something in his football that makes you positive about the future? Just asking as you seem to be positive that he can do it

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom