• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Artetasexuals attacked Henry for criticizing Arteta for ****'s sake, and you are surprised they are talking **** about Conte? :lol:
As an Assna fan I dissapointed we missed on the CL footy, but as a human being I am glad that Arteta and his fan boys are the the mud where they belong, maybe they will learn some humility.

More nonsense on cue.

Look closer and find your so called Artetasexuals who will bash anything that criticises Arteta, regardless of whether its constructive or not.

Its more you making up your own narratives for your own made up bogeyman.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Arteta's not in top 4. The fact is he's failed from a coaching perspective. He’s not improved the defence, he’s not improved the team going forward and the style of play is still rigid and horrible to watch.

I don't know if the club can keep out investing City for this guy, but they're wasting their money..

Has anyone explained what kind of progress we actually made? I have seen the word "progress" used many, many times by the Teta cult after Newcastle outplayed us.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Remember!

When Conte finishes in the top four its because he's an elite manager.

When Arteta finishes in the top four its all Conte, Rangnick, Moyes, Lage's, Tuchel's fault.
When did Arteta finish in the top four though?

Disregarding everything else you can't tell me you don't see a difference between Conte getting Sp**s into top four after six months in the job while Arteta has failed to do that for two and a half seasons and massive financial backing. Sp**s were a point ahead of us last season in 7th, started the season with Nuno and sacked him when they were 8th. Arsenal were seven points ahead of 5th place with a game in hand just two months ago and we managed to **** it up.

SA Gunner

Arteta's not in top 4. The fact is he's failed from a coaching perspective. He’s not improved the defence, he’s not improved the team going forward and the style of play is still rigid and horrible to watch.

I don't know if the club can keep out investing City for this guy, but they're wasting their money..

I'm sorry bud, but I disagree.

From the perspective of absolutes, sure we can discuss a poorer defense and poorer attack based on goals scored and conceded. Its the same thing with the 8th, 8th argument that will probably retire now.

I think we are doing a disservice to the work done with our set piece management for example. Our ability to transition into a solid defensive shape, even with 10 men and our ability to effectively transition from defense back into an attacking shape, as seen with our 2nd Chelsea goal for example.

These are examples of metrics we should be observing in addition to the absolute ones. That gives us a clearer picture of the work being done behind the scenes.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He finished ahead of a team with Eddie Nkietah as their best CF...what an achievement for Conte that is, no one could have done that...
Lol. You've just reduced a book full of stories to one sentence.

Arteta had potentially one of the best forward lines in the country with Auba, Pepe and Laca. But he couldn't make them work. And instead of questioning a trainee manager, people are backing him and dumping on those players. All three of those will move on to other clubs and get back their mojo. Wait, Auba has already.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Sp**s have done very well this season, sadly.

Conte is probably the only manager they could have realistically gotten, that would have turned their season around.

Least we always had s 50/50 split with Arteta, their fans were all against Nuno and the team was looking awful.

Conte is the level of manager that has energised Kane, who was looking woeful first half of the season...his perfect coaching of the 5 at the back has made the likes of Dier and Romero (who were looking poor before Conte) look quality now, due to the extra protection they now have in defence and the expert tactical work under their new manager...and they recruited well in Jan, while we weakened.

Was hoping he would fail, because I always hope Sp**s fail, but it's worked out very well for them...short term anyway, still think he will leave soon...as the absolute best case scenario for Sp**s, is consistent Champions League qualification...that won't be enough to keep Conte from having a breakdown, Levy won't be able to keep him happy for long.

But for this season alone...I would have had Conte over Howe for manager of the season, tbh.

SA Gunner

When did Arteta finish in the top four though?

Disregarding everything else you can't tell me you don't see a difference between Conte getting Sp**s into top four after six months in the job while Arteta has failed to do that for two and a half seasons and massive financial backing. Sp**s were a point ahead of us last season in 7th, started the season with Nuno and sacked him when they were 8th. Arsenal were seven points ahead of 5th place with a game in hand just two months ago and we managed to **** it up.

Well I would ask you why the club's board arent able to draw these conclusions as well, and act on them.

It seems as though we completely failed this season, based on your analysis.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Well I would ask you why the club's board arent able to draw these conclusions as well, and act on them.

It seems as though we completely failed this season, based on your analysis.
Because the whole club lacks a single person in charge with an understanding of what's necessary to be a successful club. Arteta recently coming out saying that he was offered the contract extension after three consecutive losses is proof enough for that, not only is it a ridiculous thing to do but also insanely stupid to tell the press.

For what it's worth I'm blaming Arteta for being a **** coach and a worse person, but the ultimate responsibility for running the club into the ground lies with the people who are giving him more power and money despite no evidence of him being worth getting either.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What did he actually do that deserves a mention?

I can mention a few things... like taking Sp**s out of competition on purpose, exiting domestic cups early, getting to one game a week, whining about not being good enough and offering himself up to PSG before stumbling into the top four because of our ****ups.

Elitness.

The point isn’t that Conte has done an incredible job.

It’s that he has proven one of the most parroted parts of Arteta’s time here wrong - ‘he just needs his own players/time’.

But, if you view is that Conte’s achievements this year are rather small, then why do you think Arteta should still be here?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I'm sorry bud, but I disagree.

From the perspective of absolutes, sure we can discuss a poorer defense and poorer attack based on goals scored and conceded. Its the same thing with the 8th, 8th argument that will probably retire now.

I think we are doing a disservice to the work done with our set piece management for example. Our ability to transition into a solid defensive shape, even with 10 men and our ability to effectively transition from defense back into an attacking shape, as seen with our 2nd Chelsea goal for example.

These are examples of metrics we should be observing in addition to the absolute ones. That gives us a clearer picture of the work being done behind the scenes.
Mate, what can I say? I'm not seeing it.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I dont back anything for the sake it. I change my mind as I see things emerge.

Until I see something better on the pitch, I'll maintain my stance. Good manager, but not good enough.

As for CL, that's done, he and Sp**s got it, fair play to him there. Lets see what happens next season's when he gets Arteta money to spend.

Hmm I do appreciate that you're not going to change your opinion just because others believe differently to you.

And it's not like I've watched all of the Sp*rs games to know know know their style of play, but just from where Sp*rs were to the position they are finishing, Conte has undoubtedly done well.

Plus they've done things like beating City away and taking the lead at Anfield, like those are very good feats, albeit they've fumbled a few times to the smaller sides.

Just like if Tets got top 4 in my mind you'd have to, have to give him credit. You gotta give Conte his dues and if he'd done at Arsenal what he's accomplished at Sp*rs well would you be impressed, that's the question you gotta ask yourself.

SA Gunner

Because the whole club lacks a single person in charge with an understanding of what's necessary to be a successful club. Arteta recently coming out saying that he was offered the contract extension after three consecutive losses is proof enough for that, not only is it a ridiculous thing to do but also insanely stupid to tell the press.

For what it's worth I'm blaming Arteta for being a **** coach and a worse person, but the ultimate responsibility for running the club into the ground lies with the people who are giving him more power and money despite no evidence of him being worth getting either.

So if I understand you correctly, the whole club are willing to spend millions of Pounds on projects and investments, on a rookie manager. Without having sufficient football experience and expertise available to advise and guide critical decision making.

There is no serious profit driven institution in the world that operates like this, especially when the level of investment required is at a level that can financially ruin that institution.

You can believe that Arteta is the only guy with any know how at the club, and the rest are just going along with things, that's fine. I just refuse to believe things like that.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

So if I understand you correctly, the whole club are willing to spend millions of Pounds on projects and investments, on a rookie manager. Without having sufficient football experience and expertise available to advise and guide critical decision making.

There is no serious profit driven institution in the world that operates like this, especially when the level of investment required is at a level that can financially ruin that institution.

You can believe that Arteta is the only guy with any know how at the club, and the rest are just going along with things, that's fine. I just refuse to believe things like that.
The average life of an EPL manager is about 24 months, so most of time owners and boards get it wrong. The likes of Fergie, Wenger, Pep and Klopp balance out dozens of mistakes.

SA Gunner

Hmm I do appreciate that you're not going to change your opinion just because others believe differently to you.

And it's not like I've watched all of the Sp*rs games to know know know their style of play, but just from where Sp*rs were to the position they are finishing, Conte has undoubtedly done well.

Plus they've done things like beating City away and taking the lead at Anfield, like those are very good feats, albeit they've fumbled a few times to the smaller sides.

Just like if Tets got top 4 in my mind you'd have to, have to give him credit. You gotta give Conte his dues and if he'd done at Arsenal what he's accomplished at Sp*rs well would you be impressed, that's the question you gotta ask yourself.

Let me start by saying that Conte deserves credit for getting Sp**s into the top four. I've said this before, and I maintain this. I dont believe the idea that a manager mainly achieves because of the failures of other managers, injuries to rival teams, etc. It plays a role of course, but its an insult to suggest this.

As for styles of play let me briefly say that Potter's performances against Man City and Liverpool were far more impressive for me, than what Conte delivered against those teams this season. Furthermore, Potter's performances against Man United, Arsenal, Sp**s were also superior to anything Conte did against those teams this year.

It comes back to philosophy and where the game is right now. If you look at the elite teams, their investments are along the lines of what Pep and Klopp are setting for the game. That's the current standard for elite level football. You divert from that, you wont win the biggest prizes.

SA Gunner

The average life of an EPL manager is about 24 months, so most of time owners and boards get it wrong. The likes of Fergie, Wenger, Pep and Klopp balance out dozens of mistakes.

Yes, that's how ruthless the game is, and how quickly you can go from a very strong position to literally losing your key income streams. Look at what Burnley did to Dyche this season, after 10 good years.

It further strengthens my belief that there is a lot of work being done behind the scenes to ensure key objectives are met and improved upon. The days of having a genius like Wenger or Ferguson, with few team members to work with are long gone.

Today its critical operations, with hundreds of professionals at a club dealing with decision making on a daily basis. Not some rookie galaxy brain having the last word on every key decision, and everyone just going along with it.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ironically Conte has done what Arteta did in his first season: he looked at the group of players, realised their limitations and adjusted accordingly.

In Arteta's first season, he realised the defence was rubbish and we had nothing between the lines, so he reverend to a back three and played direct to Auba. Guess what we won a trophy. What has Conte done? Realised Sp**s weakness' and done the same. His two signings went straight into the first 11 as well.

Arteta's biggest mistake this season for me was what he did in the summer. A load of money wasted on players that haven't improved the team much. Keep harping back go it but what the hell was the point in spending so much money on a keeper, back up LB and a 4th choice midfielder. We use that money for Tammy or Bruno G and we'd probably be finishing 3rd.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

😂

27-FC41-A9-4-DC7-4-E8-E-9-AA4-9-EC51-B784-F5-F.jpg

EA4-C840-C-907-A-4-EC6-B33-F-EF19-F16-E1-C20.jpg

A4777-A0-A-A57-C-4-EF7-A21-D-FCE0-C04-EE9-E8.jpg

🤣🤣🤣

Doesn’t hold much weight since I was 11 years old when I posted this. Doesn’t compare to my experienced and insightful posting now.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
That's not even an opinion though is it, Arteta is clearly a rookie manager regardless of whether you think he has coaching talent/ability or not.
We're clearly not a serious profit driven institution then. We gave Aubameyang a 350kpw contract mid 2020, then little over a year later paid him to play for Barcelona and become Europe's top scorer since the move.
I don't believe Arteta has any relevant knowhow for what it's worth. But generally speaking it seems to me like you're aligning what you see with what you believe has to be true instead of the other way around.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom