• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I'm not mad at the article but everyone needs to stop assuming that young players will get better and grow with the team. Everyone also needs to stop assuming that the young players who do improve are going to stay here.

This is a bit tin-foil-hat but if we sign more kids this summer I'm going to just assume they're hiding behind the youth excuse. There's literally no reason to sign young players for this team if you consider where we are in this 'process'.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Nah come on man! Surely not! :(

I mean the main reason he's still in a job is because everyone has seen 'progress'. They've ignored the fact that the progress was just getting back to where we were but I digress..

Next season there's no way they can pull the progress line without us actually making progress.
He's also going to have more of 'his players'. I don't expect much from the Kroenke's but I feel like the media and larger parts of the fanbase will start to expect a bit more next season.

You had Hairspray on the thread just today saying he a) has made real super tangible pogress and saying he needs more players.

C'mon...

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

You had Hairspray on the thread just today saying he a) has made real super tangible pogress and saying he needs more players.

C'mon...
I've given up on the fans.

It's the media pressure I'm waiting on. Majority of these idiot fans base their opinion on what Carragher, Neville and co say and they've been praising us all season.

Unless Mikel has gotten to them they're my only hope. :lol:

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Bunch of whiny children in this thread. Endless self falgelation of the Arsenal fan base is what makes the Arsenal fan base annoying.

Edit: it’s the whinges who’ll have gotten Wenger sacked. Brought him up again @Makingtrax, do something about it.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I've given up on the fans.

It's the media pressure I'm waiting on. Majority of these idiot fans base their opinion on what Carragher, Neville and co say and they've been praising us all season.

Unless Mikel has gotten to them they're my only hope. :lol:

Mate, we'll just have to endure Arteta like people endure Granit Xhaka. Both are here to stay.

Think he'll have nowhere to hide if we spend tho. It's going to be a strange season with the WC on the middle of things as well and it'll test his (and every other manager's) ability to motivate players to go into those 50-50s, etc.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Does any Inner have any legit defence of the Saliba situation btw? I'm not even going to try change your mindI 'm just curious.

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
Fifth is about par for Arsenal these days though surely?

Liverpool are a bigger club with a better manager. Man City in the modern day climate are one of the biggest pulls in the world game for a lot of players plus they also have a far better manager.

Chelsea are a bigger club than Arsenal these days. Two champions league trophies between 2012 and now. Add league titles and cups etc. Better manager than Arsenal.

Sp**s have a far better manager who wins league titles wherever he goes.

A new manager isn't going to solve your issues. A structural change is required at the top though. Who in their right minds spends over £150m on Ben White, Ramsdale, Tomiyasu and Sambi Lokonga needs firing out of a cannon. A complete waste of cash and very similiar to how we've spunked cash on bang average players last few years.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Nah come on man! Surely not! :(

I mean the main reason he's still in a job is because everyone has seen 'progress'. They've ignored the fact that the progress was just getting back to where we were but I digress..

Next season there's no way they can pull the progress line without us actually making progress. He's also going to have more of 'his players'. I don't expect much from the Kroenke's but I feel like the media and larger parts of the fanbase will start to expect a bit more next season.
They'll find another excuse. They're very creative at that.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Mate, we'll just have to endure Arteta like people endure Granit Xhaka. Both are here to stay.

Think he'll have nowhere to hide if we spend tho. It's going to be a strange season with the WC on the middle of things as well and it'll test his (and every other manager's) ability to motivate players to go into those 50-50s, etc.
We already spent and he already found a place to hide lol.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Fifth is about par for Arsenal these days though surely?

Liverpool are a bigger club with a better manager. Man City in the modern day climate are one of the biggest pulls in the world game for a lot of players plus they also have a far better manager.

Chelsea are a bigger club than Arsenal these days. Two champions league trophies between 2012 and now. Add league titles and cups etc. Better manager than Arsenal.

Sp**s have a far better manager who wins league titles wherever he goes.

A new manager isn't going to solve your issues. A structural change is required at the top though. Who in their right minds spends over £150m on Ben White, Ramsdale, Tomiyasu and Sambi Lokonga needs firing out of a cannon. A complete waste of cash and very similiar to how we've spunked cash on bang average players last few years.

We need to replace Arteta and Edu....

We also need to replace the people that decided they were doing a good enough job lol.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
The world Anti-Mikel XI

Gk - @Makingtrax he gatekeeps the clubs standards, doesn’t let those sneaky Wenger potshots used to defend Mik creep in. Anything for the clean sheet.

Right back - @Sanchez11 the Sagna of Arteta haters. Keeps it simple with the attacks but will always get forward, and defensively forget about catching him on an off day. Rain, snow or shine you’ll find him battering Mikel even on the best of runs. Warrior.

CBs - @Moah @Toby Andrl no playing out from the back crap here. These guys keep it simple and you won’t notice them because they do their job. Low-key but consistent in their dislike for Mikel.

LB - @ArtetaOut (the Marcelo role) can often struggle defensively and usually not seen during our winning runs but an absolute killer in the final third, would probably be a winger at another club, he’s that talented.

CDM - @Macho aka Busquets (co-captain)One of the greatest Arteta outers in recent years. The brain of the team, keeps things going with his athletic articles and is fair and balanced, maintaining discipline in midfield and in his criticisms of Arteta. But when the ref isn’t looking he’ll let off some pure Mikel hatred. The paradigm of consistency, they tried run him off the forum and they couldn’t. Also invented ‘discuss’. Living legend.

RCM - @yorch44 like a prime Vidal this guy, absolutely bonkers. Can have his off days but when he’s on he’s all over the place, destroying the shins of anyone who dares to defend Mikel. Kind of guy you want on your side but would absolutely hate to play against, ask @BaZZe if you don’t believe me. Used to be captain but even his own teammates are scared of him.

LCM - @Sapient Hawk aka Zidane possibly the most creative Arteta outer of all time. The prose is immaculate, when he’s insulting Mikel it’s like watching a ballerina at work absolutely bamboozling his defenders with metaphors, simile and alliteration. But he’s not just a creator, behind all that dazzling footwork is a guy who despises Mikel and won’t hesitate to kick him in the chest if given the opportunity.

LW - With Marcelo pretty much owning the left flank we get @jones playing the inverted winger role. Arguably only second to @Sapient Hawk in creativity, when these two link up in the left channel defenders quake in their boots. The Mbappe of Arteta outers, catch him destroying Mikriders with a skilful stats based rainbow flick or simply blowing past them for pace with a well timed “suck your mum”. Has been a known wonder kid for a while but he’s now established on the scene and some are already saying he might just be the best in the world…

RW - @Tir Na Nog flip flop? More like flip flap. Defenders can’t touch this dynamic winger. The Neymar of ArtetaOut. Stats, tweets, setting the expectations high to stick the boot in when Mikel fails? The rumoured inventor of “but A-M told me” has it all. Whether it’s going on the outside to set up the forum with a tweet that makes Mikel look bad or cutting in and banging in a top bins 10+ like Mikel hatepost you can count on this guy to always be involved in the goals.

ST - @Rasmi (captain) this big bruising number 9 is only here for one thing. Hating Mikel. You won’t find him contributing much to the build up play, he doesn’t even believe in stats or Twitter (??) and you won’t see him getting loads of likes but you can count on his hatred for Mikel when it come to finishing chances. Doesn’t miss, always scoring, never fails to exceed his xG. Once in a generation type of player.

Manager - if proving why Mikel is a fraud was a European trophy then @Camus is Unai Emery. Absolute tactical genius this guy, manages to even make Mikel’s winning runs look bad and you can never say he didn’t deserve to win. Has beaten @AbouCuéllar in four cup finals and counting.

Subs
@<<reed>> huge talent but isn’t serious, prefers to stay on the bench and post memes but bring him on and he’s likely to dribble through four and smash a 20+ liker into the top corner

@ExtjExhtts getting on in age now but this CM was hating on Mikel before it was cool. Now content to sit on the bench saying “I told you guys this manager was a fraud” but is still quality when called on off the bench.

@Gunner boy dd If you need someone who will run through brick walls to hate Mikel then this is your guy. Lacks quality on the ball but makes up for it with pure intensity/insanity. Manager’s have struggled to channel this into safe disciplined football and his teammates refer to him as a walking red card. Always backs the beef, has three red cards this season, two as a substitute.

@Batman former starting LW before @jones took his spot. Bro hates Mikel almost as much as he hates crime. Only reason he doesn’t start more is because he’s always out late at night and turns up to training tired but is still a mercurial player on his day. Rumoured to be a billionaire outside of football.

@Baki nobody quite knows who this lad is, appeared out of nowhere but his hatred for Mikel was clear. Absolutely battered @Macho in his first training session because he only has one setting: ‘100%’. Shocking on the ball but you can count on him to inject that energy when called upon. Crowd favourite/cult hero the Tony Hibbert of the team.
@Trilly when can I expect a call up to the first eleven.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I'm not mad at the article but everyone needs to stop assuming that young players will get better and grow with the team. Everyone also needs to stop assuming that the young players who do improve are going to stay here.

This is a bit tin-foil-hat but if we sign more kids this summer I'm going to just assume they're hiding behind the youth excuse. There's literally no reason to sign young players for this team if you consider where we are in this 'process'.

Spot on.

Carragher mentioned the same thing in the video below during the season that it’s impossible that all these youngsters reach the level at the same time required to challenge. I think many of us that aren’t buying this “youth project” are doing so because we’ve all seen how it’s panned out under AW with a bunch of more talented young players like Cesc and RVP.

Saka looks like he’ll be the one that ends up moving to a City or Liverpool and personally, I wouldn’t blame him at all.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I find these projects at the club quite funny tbh. How many different models have we tried to imitate then scrapped? I remember when fans wanted the Liverpool route by signing a spine like they done with VVD, Alisson, Fabinho etc then there was the period that we went for “experience” in going for washed b*ms/journeymen like Willian, Luiz, Lichtsteiner etc. Now it’s a full blown youth project.

Hmmmm serious red flag should be going off on whether they actually know what they’re doing but it’ll be interesting to see how long this “youth project” last for.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
@grange @boonthegoon @Riou @BaZZe @ArsenesCoatMaker @AbouCuéllar @samspade @drippin @CaseUteinberger @SA Gunner
After talking about the process and watching Arteta finish on 5th.
randy-marsh-south-park.gif

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Bunch of whiny children in this thread. Endless self falgelation of the Arsenal fan base is what makes the Arsenal fan base annoying.

Edit: it’s the whinges who’ll have gotten Wenger sacked. Brought him up again @Makingtrax, do something about it.
Bring him up as often as like bro. Arsenal fans are like the bloke who had a beautiful intelligent wife and cheated on her for a younger model who turned out to be both shallow and uninteresting.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom