• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Serge Gnabry

Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Partey was absolutely awful most of the season so this is nonsense.
Really we missed out on top because they got a super dodgy penalty against Burnley and we didn't get the cast iron one in the equivalent fixture for us. Or indeed any number of other terrible decisions from the weakest cohort of top flight referees in decades. (oh and apparently because of VAR according to the stats)

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Really we missed out on top because they got a super dodgy penalty against Burnley and we didn't get the cast iron one in the equivalent fixture for us. Or indeed any number of other terrible decisions from the weakest cohort of top flight referees in decades. (oh and apparently because of VAR according to the stats)

We missed top 4 because of awful decisions from Arteta and Edu + Players that simply isnt good enough. But blame refs and injuries if thats what you want.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
We missed top 4 because of awful decisions from Arteta and Edu + Players that simply isnt good enough. But blame refs and injuries if thats what you want.
I was making the point that there are multiple reasons, and whichever one feels is most important is defined by their biases.

The margins were so tight that any one of

Injuries
Refs
January Transfer Window
Team Selections once Partey & Tierney went down
Sticking with Laca too long
VAR
Not using Pepe enough
Pepe being a headcase
No Covid leniency for the Brentford game
Bloody Stupid Scotland Manager
Letting Auba go
Letting AMN leave on loan

could be decisive.

But in your reality you will only accept those that reflect poorly on Arteta and Edu, as is evidenced all over this forum. For me, while I take the point that we need to be concerned with what we can control, the consistency of your position, regardless of context is intellectually dishonest.

But this forum is not big on nuance.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
That is some seriously contradictory stuff. He's in advanced talks with Arsenal, is talking to Sp**s, but only cos he's bored cos he'll go to Madrid in a year.

If he's off to Madrid, he won't be having a chat to us or Sp**s
Have you never talked to many girls at the same when you were dating another girl but still single?

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Depends where you are at in your career and what you want.

Gnabry and Jesus would be competing with the players that are the only reason Sp**s aren't mid-table at best. Also, Sp**s are and will always be a smaller club. Plus everyone knows Conte will be there 2 more years at the absolute max. Also, every metric you look at says Sp**s' high finish was exclusively due to the front players. Arsenal have a far better foundation as things stand. Arsenal with Sp**s CF & LW finish 3rd well ahead of Chelsea. Sp**s with the Arsenal equivalents finish maybe 12th.

I know the muppets on here live to pile in on Arteta, but our underlying numbers have been good for 3rd or 4th best for 18 months. Unfortunately, Auba went from hugely exceeding his xG to seeing it leave him in the dust, Lacazette literally stopped running into the box or taking shots, and Eddie is only now starting to show he maybe nearly ready. Auba converting at the rate he did 2 years ago would have got us the goals to finish 4th or 3rd, even if he still left at the same time.

At the same time Son was the 5th most efficient attacking player in the league, and 2nd most efficient non-midfielder (out of those who played with any regularity). Only Vardy (when fit) - if only he'd come to us when we did his release clause, KDB, JWP & ESR (though much fewer starts) were more efficient, and of course, all got less chances.

Conte is an excellent coach, but seldom for a long time in one place.

Arsenal are still likely a more attractive proposition for many, especially the two in question, given Gnabry still walks around in Arsenal kits and gives interviews talking about Arsenal, and Jesus is another City boy who appears to like Arteta more than he likes Pep (and would be behind Son & Kane at Sp**s)
Can’t agree one manager is inexperienced and not a proven winner as a manager. Your assumption is that players give Arteta of being to succeed when he hasn’t shown it yet. Sp**s could be a smaller club financially but they got tons of money being in CL and have purchased wisely last couple of windows while certainly not breaking the back. A player has a limited window he doesn’t have years to waste on a project that simply may or may not materialize. I am not saying we can’t get these players they aren’t super elite players, but for us to get them we have to break the bank in wages destroying their transfer value. This is because of Arteta’s lack of resume and our lack of CL. Neither player is at the age where they want lead a youth movement that may not happen.

You can call logical posters who see Arteta’s terrible decision making this year after 2 and a half years on the job muppets if you like. I call people who close their eyes and make excuses muppets. He has no excuse for sending players away without strengthening in January off an already thin squad. It is criminal to throw away the players he did, not strengthen them simply collapse because you can’t field a halfway competent team. The Atgletic called a big risk I call it what it is singlehandedly shanking the fans and the club and spitting in our face with Europa league.

You claim Arsenal is and always will be a bigger club I haven’t seen any evidence of it in years other than wasted transfer fees. This type of myopia is exactly what precedes a demise, at one time Blackburn, Leeds, and Everton were kings of English football. Now they are championship and relegation fodder, look at Villa. We are not big enough to not fail, and we been failing for years And I haven’t seen anything from Arteta to make me think he will save this badly tarnished brand.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

That's one way to say you're a troll.

I actually dont think there is a real debate about this among Arsenal fans. He did really well in 5-6 games before the injury but was **** before that. Lets not rewrite history.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

I was making the point that there are multiple reasons, and whichever one feels is most important is defined by their biases.

Injuries
Refs
January Transfer Window
VAR
Not using Pepe enough
Pepe being a headcase
Letting Auba go

could be decisive.

But in your reality you will only accept those that reflect poorly on Arteta and Edu, as is evidenced all over this forum. For me, while I take the point that we need to be concerned with what we can control, the consistency of your position, regardless of context is intellectually dishonest.

During the Wenger days, especially the last days, i was told by a lot of Arsenal fans that it wasnt acceptable to blame the refs or injuries. If it wasnt acceptable under our greatest manager ever it sure as hell isnt acceptable under the man that you are sexually attracted to.

Reactions: Kav

Let's play Aubamawang

I can't see Gnabry playing for any other English club, even if Klopp came calling for him. Why? He pretty much said he would want to wear an Arsenal shirt if he came back over here.

That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if he moved to Madrid, but given their young talent, I can't see him getting as much game time as he'd like.

Gn1212

I actually dont think there is a real debate about this among Arsenal fans. He did really well in 5-6 games before the injury but was **** before that. Lets not rewrite history.
A **** Partey is still better than 90% of the midfielders in the league. A good Partey is unplayable. That City game he manhandled City's midfield on his own.

The guy is extremely important to the way we play. See how Ødegaard and Saka both dropped after he got injured. His ability to always find a way forward and start transitions is immense and a key to our attacking play.

Goonger

Injuries
Refs
January Transfer Window
VAR
Not using Pepe enough
Pepe being a headcase
Letting Auba go

could be decisive.

Don't forget their 96th minute winners vs Watford and City & injury time equaliser & winner vs Leicester the feckers!

Scoring late goals is 1 thing, but 95min + is a another level.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think if we push hard enough, we’ll get Gnabry. Problem is at what cost does he come to Arsenal and will Mikel be able to effectively manage such a higher profile player? Not making the same mistakes made with Auba.

Personally as much as I’d love Serge back, absolutely adored him here back in the day, do I still think we need a taller, pacey forward to give us more of an aerial threat upfront.

Jesus+Gnabry+Osimhen for example is not realistic, so I’d prefer 1 and 3 instead.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
A **** Partey is still better than 90% of the midfielders in the league. A good Partey is unplayable. That City game he manhandled City's midfield on his own.

The guy is extremely important to the way we play. See how Ødegaard and Saka both dropped after he got injured. His ability to always find a way forward and start transitions is immense and a key to our attacking play.
Man has to carry Xhaka... That's like playing alone every match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom