• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League Final (May 28 2022)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

You're hypocritical stance is well documented, no need to belabour it. My opinion of your stance is spelled out above, no need for me to regurgitate it.
This is just u giving up, I got you beat and you know it. Gracefully bow out, I understand.

razörist

Because people don't agree with your romanticised nonsense about Madrid being "just different" doesn't make them a City or PSG fan.
I clearly explained why its different. Look at Barcelona, **** club imo, so you know I’m not romanticizing anything. Same access to bank loans as Madrid and boy did they abuse it. But it is not an endless pit and they are paying the price for it now, lost Messi and have to humiliate themselves begging players to take paycuts. You won’t see that at PSG or City, their income is endless and at no cost. That is the difference.

razörist

That was me finding your argument beneath my intelligence. I don't waste my breath on hypocrites spouting virtue.
BNJR.gif

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Didnt even see that but ok, in my opinion you have to have a lot of skin in the game to mention City and PSG in the same breath as Real Madrid. City was a relegation candidate in 3/6 seasons before the Sheikh arrived. PSG was dead mid table. Their star players were called Michael Johnson and Nêne.
And when Madrid were headed by the fascist Bernabeu and he started buying world class players from abroad like di Stefano or Puskas in the 50s, Madrid had won just two league titles in the 30 or so years La Liga existed at that point.

razörist

And when Madrid were headed by the fascist Bernabeu and he started buying world class players from abroad like di Stefano or Puskas in the 50s, Madrid had won just two league titles in the 30 or so years La Liga existed at that point.
We go back that far you can put all top clubs in the bin and go support that City of Manchester club Neville created

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I clearly explained why its different. Look at Barcelona, **** club imo, so you know I’m not romanticizing anything. Same access to bank loans as Madrid and boy did they abuse it. But it is not an endless pit and they are paying the price for it now, lost Messi and have to humiliate themselves begging players to take paycuts. You won’t see that at PSG or City, their income is endless and at no cost. That is the difference.
What kind of difference is that? Milan were bankrolled by Berlusconi in the 80s and 90s and paid the price before this season for a decade, would it be fine if their new owners started spending a billion all of a sudden again?

You talked about "football heritage" and "Real Madrid being Real Madrid" before being the reason why they deserve the unfair advantages Perez has been abusing to keep his position and that of Madrid at the top. I'll remind you of your words when at third try they succeed in creating their European Super League.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
My issue is what they’ve done to the game in terms of financial doping. It makes zero sense from an entertainment perspective to have world class players not starting every week.

The financial doping has always been an issue in football.
When big historical clubs were throwing absurd amounts of money before even City Chelsea and PSG came into the picture, nobody was talking about how unfair financial doping is.

And the hard truth is without financial doping, there is no way for a club to compete with the historical big clubs in Europe on more than a few exceptional seasons.
Dortmund, Atletico, Monaco, all had great seasons here and there, but they never were able to reach the super clubs level and be able to compete with them.
Every season they had a great year, they had no way to protect themselves from bigger clubs and keep their best players.

Imo attacking City, Chelsea, PSG and others, while defending old historical clubs is a huge double standard.
And Perez talking about values when he's running one of the most corrupt club in Europe with its own issue is nothing sort of a big joke.

Hate the game, not the players.

Imo the only solution is a closed league, like there are in the US. It comes with its own issues. And it sucks, but this is the only way I see on how to make the game more competitive, and fair, so every organisation have a genuine chance to compete and to grow.

It'd have been the easiest transition. When you look at the players we had too, Auba, Laca, Mkhitaryan, Özil and Ramsey, add in a midfield signing or two and you could get a functioning midfield and attack out of that easily. Then heavily focus on getting in a couple of decent CB's not named Sokratis.

Carlo would have sold Özil then, like he did in 2013.

Last edited:

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
There was only 1 team who deserved the win and that was Liverpool. They outplayed and dominated Real for 90 minutes.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I agree with the fact that we should fight hard against oil state backed clubs, but let's not set historical big clubs as an example, or excuse the way they're runned, because they are part of the problem too, and this is why having a billionnaire owner today is the only way to try to compete with them, on the long term.
I agree with this part but I'm also caught in two minds. It annoys me that a well run club like ours (pre Kroenke) did so much right and earned our success compared to for example Stoke or Notts County who are older but seemingly poorly run. We became part of a closed shop. To even things out, I get new monied clubs want a chance. But their financial doping should be restricted to say five years, otherwise you create a whole other closed shop. Self sufficiency/FFP could have been enforced much better.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Talkin' of the singer, this was Camilla Cabello in the stadium whilst thousands of fans including kids were getting gassed outside..

Snoop Dogg Dancing GIF by Apple Music

Shes such a muppet and had the audacity to complain after, another **** up by UEFA thinking people want to see this before kick off, instead of the delay they should have cancelled her perfomance!

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
There was only 1 team who deserved the win and that was Liverpool. They outplayed and dominated Real for 90 minutes.
Oh really? So Madrid actually scoring(twice because the referee robbed them of the opener) doesn't matter because Liverpool had more of the ball? They dominated for 90 minutes? Were they dominating when Real Madrid had them on the ropes for the last 15 minutes of the first half and the first 30 of the 2nd half? Absolutely hilarious. You deserve what you earn and Liverpool did nothing whatsoever to win the game. They were just as sh*t as they were in their last 2 CL Finals where they only won one because the opponent was the Spuds who will outbottle anyone when a trophy is on the line.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Latest posts

Top Bottom