• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League Final (May 28 2022)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The financial doping has always been an issue in football.
When big historical clubs were throwing absurd amounts of money before even City Chelsea and PSG came into the picture, nobody was talking about how unfair financial doping is.

And the hard truth is without financial doping, there is no way for a club to compete with the historical big clubs in Europe on more than a few exceptional seasons.
Dortmund, Atletico, Monaco, all had great seasons here and there, but they never were able to reach the super clubs level and be able to compete with them.
Every season they had a great year, they had no way to protect themselves from bigger clubs and keep their best players.

Imo attacking City, Chelsea, PSG and others, while defending old historical clubs is a huge double standard.
And Perez talking about values when he's running one of the most corrupt club in Europe with its own issue is nothing sort of a big joke.

Hate the game, not the players.

Imo the only solution is a closed league, like there are in the US. It comes with its own issues. And it sucks, but this is the only way I see on how to make the game more competitive, and fair, so every organisation have a genuine chance to compete and to grow.

Yeah but come on it’s at levels we’ve never seen before.

It’s just ruining the game for the fan having all these top players sitting on the bench but are happy because they’re still collecting medals.

I literally cannot think of a single other popular sport where the very best players are warehoused by clubs who operate in a different financial galaxy to almost everyone else.

Putting a salary cap on European competition entry is a pretty straightforward way of sorting it. Would bring some excitement back to domestic leagues.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I guess since we are mentioning history, we will have to remember that RM was basically Franco's club and the best ambassador of the Spanish fascist regime as well. That served them and continue to do in attracting top players. The point is, Perez has zero ground to talk about morals and values.
To be fair, this is valid for most of top professional football clubs nowadays. One way r an other and to different degrees have some shady money or dubious businesses and investments behind them. At this point, I just watch the games and enjoy them for what they are, knowing full well there are no paragons of virtues club football and football in general at this stage.
Whole football is corrupted, even players gaining millions for just kicking a ball is not ethical. But that's another matter. Players wouldn't be gaining in a week what a doctor or another career professional gain in a year.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom